A Favor from the Gods: Increased Rare Drops!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Proxystar #Perception

No it's intended to mean purple drops.
  2. motionsick Well-Known Player

I think that's what they meant.. or I really hope that's what they meant. For AF3 the terminology was spelled out:

Dropped Gear: Uncommon, Rare, Epic
    • This dropped gear will make up the least powerful gear sets in the episode, in the rarities you are used to: uncommon (green), rare (blue), and epic (purple).
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Where's my 3rd OP ring I asked for?
  4. spack2k Steadfast Player

i pass , got all the rare gear already, exception OP stuff
  5. spack2k Steadfast Player

why is green uncommon ? shouldnt be it common?
  6. motionsick Well-Known Player

Ummmm.. Not sure.

Maybe because no one equips green gear unless they have to, so it's uncommon? :confused:
  7. Proxystar #Perception

well it's not working correctly, because I just ran 2 bosses in the strykers island alert, got nothing and then went and did "scarecrow" in the arkkham island alert and got nothing but blue, should it not have guaranteed me a scarecrow cleaver or a scarecrow helm?

edit - unless of course the bad luck limiter only works on bosses capable of dropping a purple in the first place, which means I'm now on guaranteed drop.
  8. Kayvhon New Player

When does it drop because i dont have anything
  9. Jeazy Baby Dedicated Player

Was a nice try, not working as intended. Just ran the wayne manor Duo and got nothing but green gear. Any chance I can get that rare piece i was promised? ...

Toon Jeazy Baby
  10. Proxystar #Perception

No it works as I stated, I just ran oan sciencells and got the choice of star helm twice on evil star on first boss.

so it's a guaranteed purple drop off every third boss that is capable of dropping a purple piece in the first place it would seem.

therefore the duo won't give you anything because no duo bosses are capable of dropping a purple.
  11. rimvader Well-Known Player

Post said drops started at 5:00 AM but Steam said it just started, so all of us who ran earlier must pay to to run again . Sneaky Mepps, sneaky.
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It started at 5AM.

The bad luck limiter is only implemented in modern raids and alerts, where purple gear drops.
    • Like x 1
  13. AccelT Well-Known Player

14. rimvader Well-Known Player

At 5:00 pm Steam tab said DC event started. o_O
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Yes, we schedule those notifications when people might see them.
  16. Belthazur Dedicated Player

THank you Devs & Mepps For This...
  17. DCUO Addict Committed Player

Thank you! This is appreciated. Maybe a lot of people on the forums already have full sets, but there are a lot of us out there that don't.

Also, I appreciate the name of the event, "Favor from the Gods"! :)
  18. HELLLLLLPPME Well-Known Player

Can you announce Halloween Costume CONTEST Please ?
  19. Anak Panah Well-Known Player

No, the common ones are the white (light blue) items you mostly get when you start a character.

Please see here for all the details about rarity:

http://dcuniverseonline.wikia.com/wiki/Rarity

Hope it helps.
    AP
    • Like x 1
  20. Captin Raptor Well-Known Player

Am i the only one here that has no idea what raids/alerts are considered modern or not?