So Dev's are you sticking with those Vendor Gear Prices?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Abel DCUO, Nov 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jumpnit Dedicated Player

See this is the fundamental key to judging whether the cost is to high that no one knows. How long do they view this DLC to last. I have not seen them say they are returning to 3 month cycles (quarterly content) in fact they have gone out of they way to completely avoid the topic. They have only, from what ive seen referred to it as large scale content and have even corrected several posters calling it quarterly content. I do personally agree that the cost is to high but it took much longer to complete sets before when best gear was on the vendor. So I just dont really dont know what to think because we dont have all the information.
    • Like x 2
  2. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Give me something to do really is shooting yourself. If you want full gear you have to play everyday for 3 months, people will get burnt out fast and bored brainless, an overdose.

People like me who work full time and have other responsibilities just can't commit to that either.

I was all for a grind and a working hard for my reward, but not this line.
    • Like x 2
  3. The Anxient Loyal Player

If this episode is supposed to last 5 or 6 months then I think it is already a problem due to being a very small amount of content.
    • Like x 7
  4. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

This is exactly what I was kind of thinking and posted in another thread.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This is what I want to know.
    The answers to these questions might explain a few things.
  5. Twelve Gauge Committed Player

Speak the truth,

This is not a full time job, this is not my 'second life', expecting that i can login every single day is laughable in itself, i have other interests and things to do during the week that sometimes, whether i want to or not, logging in (even for a short time) just isn't an option.

If i have to choose between this game or life
    i'll pick life and find another game.
    • Like x 5
  6. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

I agree, I think if this is going to stay the way it is, I'll just have to convert to solo gaming. If it was reverted back to the old quarterly days like AFpt2 I'd consider hanging around. But this current setup just isn't friendly to my type. I'll have to literally sacrifice all my other responsibilities and hobbies just to achieve a sense of completion "maybe".

At this moment it's gone from to less to an overdose, it's Ludicrous.
    • Like x 2
  7. the solowing Steadfast Player

[IMG]
  8. spack2k Steadfast Player

it doesnt matter if the next dlc is coming in 3month or 6 month because even if it would come in 6 month u would still need to play every day the same content for 6 month to get 2 set of gear ...this is per definition BUrNoUT, its exactly the lpve route i recognize here .
  9. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

oh god now i'm going to have "wake me up before you go go" stuck in my head all morning.
    • Like x 1
  10. Defcon 0ne Well-Known Player

TBH the vendor isn't even worth grinding for. The stats are minimal compared to the dropped purple gear. You can will miss out on 1 CR and the feat attached to it lol #bestgearinvendorFail
    • Like x 1
  11. Jumpnit Dedicated Player

One thing to keep in mind here is that the stats matter update will change stats on gear. Currently on test the item lvl is still controlling the stats with the next update vendor gear may be weighted differently to other gear as may purple to blue and green. Right now yes I would agree with you but all that may change with stats matter update.
  12. Harlequin Devoted Player

Both the amount of content and releasing it all at once are problems. If they want to truly stretch an episode out for 6+ months, they need to stagger the release of the content within it. Blowing the wad all at once so players can gorge on it all from the beginning is a sure fire way to bring about burnout.
  13. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

The one thing we need to keep in mind is "Stat Matters " was announced back in February it's November now we've got a 10 to 20 minute livestream and a few post about it so it's entirely possible that it could be another 6 to 10 months before we see stat matters if we do at all .
    • Like x 1
  14. Harlequin Devoted Player

"Stats Matter" and making SP far more valuable than they currently are sound great and make a lot of "vets" who overvalue themselves giddy with excitement. However, once you look at the average SP over the entire population and how much of a divide overemphasizing SP would cause, it starts looking like trouble. They cannot make players with 200+ SP gods among the sub-150 SP people or the game will die. Nobody wants to be faced with the SP grind on top of the obviously massive gear grind in order to be effective in content or accepted by the player-at-large. When faced with that mountain of grind, they will simply walk away and play something else.
    • Like x 2
  15. Defcon 0ne Well-Known Player

I'm completely aware of that. I just don't see the reward for completing it the way it is priced and with the minimal stats increase.

So I should wait before stats update which most likely won't be around 3 months from now.
  16. Gimpy Loyal Player

The sad part of what you state is this,

Those 200+ are already creating the divide now.

I'm at 199SP and get excluded by those who will only allow 200+SP into a group.

Currently with the CR aspect of the game I will work with anyone willing to do the job regardless of Sp.

No I wasn't like this at the beginning.

If any want to run feats while doing an instance I'm all for working with them no matter how much time it takes.

If they only want to run the instance, fine let's get it over with as fast as possible as long as they are actually making an attempt.

If people want to complain about grinding for SP presently while they have the chance to get them before statsmatter hits, that only shows me they don't want to put forth the effort to improve what they can while they can and won't make the effort when the SPs again become a huge part of the game.
  17. Defcon 0ne Well-Known Player

Love your sig, I might have to copy and paste that to my sig soon. :(
  18. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

so my guess is the episode may be out sometime next week" if they are gonna change the price on these's gear i am hoping they would announce it sometime today or sometime this week.

pretty sure the developers will be taking Thanksgiving off.

just my two cents.
  19. RadarX Community Relations

Please continue to provide Test feedback in the Test forums. Thanks!
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.