[Request] Lets keep Weapon Mastery for the Roles ...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by GJGBlackDragon, Oct 25, 2016.

1. GJGBlackDragon Dedicated Player

Hello fellas,

Keeping it short. This is a request for the developers to take in consideration that with the upcoming changes not eliminate Weapon Mastery at all. We saw that the developers got in their plans removing AMs, WM among other things.

Well, my request is to let the Roles of Tank, Controller and Healer keep the WM combos and it's benefits. Just remove it from the DPS role only.

In my opinion, is a good chance to increase the damage output of the roles making them more attractive to play.

What do you guys think?
    • Like x 2
  2. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I believe the actual combos are staying. Not sure about power cost or damage, though. But I think the damage aspect is being removed.

I don't mind, but I think that something needs to be done to encourage 2 Controllers. Whether that means disadvantaging the weapons and power replenishment or actually making the Controller role have a benefit that makes groups want 2 in their runs (such as potent, stackable debuffs).
    • Like x 3
  3. Superskull85 Devoted Player

I think people should wait until concrete plans are released before trying to judge what is or what isn't there, or what should and what shouldn't be there. Just as a quick example, what if support roles get the damage bonuses they need passively? Then no critical bonus would actually be needed. You are also making assumptions that the Weapon Mastery combos themselves are actually being removed and not just the Weapon Mastery critical bonus. They are not the same thing.

So overall, stop trying to change an update that you don't even have concrete details for yet. All that has been announced were hopes! lol It is almost literally purposeless to try to speculte now! :D
    • Like x 3
  4. GJGBlackDragon Dedicated Player

Yes, I'm clear that the combos are staying in terms of the multiple weapon transitions (For example, Dual Pistols -> Hand Blasters, Hand Blasters -> Bow, etc.) and the developer notes stated that the damage bonus along with the benefits will go away. Weapon mastery will change from being a combat mechanic to another weapon attack combo with an animation that will involve 2 different weapons instead of maintaining a single weapon during the attacks.

All that is clear.

Do I want to change the next update making judgment before hand in terms of what will be or wont be in the update? Yes and No.

As stated before I'm clear of what will happen with the Weapon Mastery.

Let me rephrase my request like this and see if I'm making myself more clear in terms of the request -> I want the roles to have something that a DPS will not have. If a DPS will be able to play doing A, B and C. I want the roles to be able to do A, B, C and D.

As of the developer notes stated and I quote:

What I'm asking is to do all that, but keep Weapon Mastery Bonuses in the roles. Just that. Keep all the plans as is.

Why am I asking that? To have more variety a Role can do. Is just to add more spice to the roles.

Since very long ago this game has been DPS centered. There are many reasons of why the players keep going DPS instead of choosing playing a role. Among those reasons is that in DPS role you do more damage, you have AMs that don't exist in the Roles, the Damage is significantly reduced due to the gear, mods, etc., it takes more time to do solo content as a Role, and other bunch of reasons.

On the other hand, there are other reasons why a player will choose to play as a Role. Among those reasons is the pure necessity impose by the content. Certain players go Tank because content requires a Tank, and not necessarily because they enjoy playing as a Tank more than going DPS. Same happen to Controller and Healer players. (Clarifying: This don't happen to all players, just a some of them).

I remember when GU36 (Weapon Mastery introduction) was released, that a bunch of players found out a different way to play their powers (beside the natural benefits for the DPS). You could have choosed to go with the traditional rotation, or adding Weapon Mastery to your execution. Well, back again to my request, the idea is to keep as much ways to play as possible for the roles in order to keep everybody having fun (those that enjoyed a certain way or another.).

I hope that clarifies my intentions.
  5. Pults Loyal Player

Hell no. WM ridiculed controllers and healers and for tanks to use WM is suicide.
    Electric healing doesn't play nice with WM since it's all bust, you can't time your combos and powers effectively 24/7 since gameplays is situational. Only HOT centric healing truly benefited from WM.
    Same thing for tanks, earth and fire mitigate damage in block, WM combos are time costly. Only atomic and ice can freely use WM since they mitigate a lot of damage outside of block. Rage is on mixed grounds sometimes you can freely combo sometimes you have to block.
    As for controllers it's either WM or you're booted from a raid.
    • Like x 1
  6. Tilz Loyal Player

Sorry, if I understand something wrong (correct me then)

You don't have more variety if you play with WM in support roles.
    Honestly you have less as heal and troll, because most ppl want you to do Brawling WM (other WMs work, too.. but ye... Brawling WM). Without the WM benefit you can use more different Combos to get a fast hit counter with or without Weapon Mastery.
    Sure, WM does more damage atm for support roles than using regular combos, but it's not really a big difference compared to the DPS. The gap is still very big.
    Also if you want to get a closer gap to the DPS and play some different and creative loadouts with WM, I bet you don't use the full potential of the set.
    Also we (support) don't get the damage benefit from Weapon Mastery. :)

Another thing to add:

The devs already want to bring support and dps closer together with #statsmatter .
  7. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

I believe that the DEVS said that they were going to adjust the damage potential between support roles and damage role so that while damage roles will still be doing the most damage they will not be doing 10x the amount of the highest support role. Much like how the game originally released.
  8. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

As far as controlling is concerned I have to admit that when I heard they were removing the benefits from using WM for roles as well as DPS, I was a little worried. I love that I can easily power the group now with my WM combos at very little power cost to me.

However, the plans in that list you posted above also state that they will be "modifying power and power regeneration". So I am just going to have to hope that they will do a good enough job with that to make up for the difference.

I remember back before they added the role benefits from WM, keeping a group powered could be severely difficult to accomplish, and in some cases, impossible. But that was due to the huge increases that they made in power consumption in T5 without making the same difference in power output. So basically, I'm just praying that they don't make the same mistake twice.
    • Like x 1
  9. Gimpy Loyal Player

The game had more fluidity and fun before WM was introduced.

LFG was packed with people shouting for "support" roles as well , not because there weren't any players doing support but because the content needed those roles to be completed.

Then came WM and "role-less" buffs and the "Age of the DPS" was born, grew into "power balancing" and matured into AM.

I'm excited about the funeral for the "Age of the DPS" and have ordered flowers to be delivered once the death occurs.
  10. bmce84 Loyal Player

Combo base damage is staying, crit buffs and any role bonus is being removed, in other words WM will be a death sentence since power back will also be lower.
  11. Jay Dilfy Active Player

I read that they are removing the damage bonus because the damage you do from weapon masteries is insane. And to balance out the raids, they have to make the enemies stronger resulting in more one-shoting. Supposedly by them taking this and advance mechanics away, I'm imagine it taking longer for us to burn enemies, but maybe the damage they do will also be less severe when it comes to those one shot moves.
  12. Kuno Loyal Player

NO.
    The combos at staying and thats enough. Burn AMs and WMs with valyrian fire.
    • Like x 2
  13. Superskull85 Devoted Player

I'm just saying, you're going into huge posts about a feature you don't even the specifics about. In your reply you made yet another assumption saying that the combos would be normal weapon attacks potentially implying that they could be clippable. And also assumed that they made all Weapon Mastery bonuses, including Power reduction, and not just the damage bonuses. You also keep assuming supports will need the extra bonuses or the extra bonuses but in that same thread the hope was keep the difference between support and damage being roughly 10% passive bonuses. Later someone mention about going back to how the game was at launch but the damage gap between Damage and support roles was considerably LARGER than it is now in terms of passive modifiers. A Tank had a -60-85% net damage penalty compared to a fully buffed Damager before taking into account the increase Might/Precision and stat/critical buffs.

Lots of assumption that are ultimately pointless in the long run since we know nothing about the specifics of the large update. Take note of the word large there. All of this based on an announcement of hopes that the developers want to do. Have you noticed that they haven't said a peep since then BTW? Big hint there.

I'll stop preaching but I think the community as a whole needs to realise that asking for changes to changes that haven't even been described in detail is kind of pointless honestly.

Well I'm trying to stay happy and positive so I'll leave this off with: :D :D :D :D There my smile quota has been met!
    • Like x 1
  14. GJGBlackDragon Dedicated Player

Wolf: As a Fire DPS I remember how was things before GU36 and We are in the same page. At that time I could emptied my power bar way faster than what the Controllers could refill and they were always sweating trying to keep up. At those times nobody wanted to play in Raids with the powers that were very power consuming. I also hope that with the new adjustments it'll be more bearable.

To all: What I'm asking is not to make WM as the only way to play for roles, but as an available option. If you want to use it and can deliver, good, if you don't want to or can't, then go with a regular rotation.

I personally enjoy WM in the Roles by my personal experience. Specially as a Fire Tank, Earth Tank, Sorcery Healer, Celestial Healer and Quantum Controller. I enjoy the freedom of being versatile. Being able to choose to go with a Rotation, WM Combos, or Power Combos (like the Celestial Combos) and being able to adapt as I need it and have fun in the process.

The idea is that I want to have the control to play in different ways and retain being effective in the process.
    • Like x 3
  15. GJGBlackDragon Dedicated Player

You know what? I rest my case. My intention was asking for versatility. Going for a Rotation, Power Mechanics, Weapon Mastery, or what ever... just not having everyone playing in the same boring way. But I'm just done. Please a Developer or Moderator, please move this to the Off Topic Forums or Archive it in a place where the server don't do backup.
  16. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Support Role damage is getting increased anyway, and the removal of AM damage, midrange, WM bonuses and damage modifiers will reinforce that too. Keeping WM bonuses for supporters isn't needed if all those happen and the stat gap is narrowed.
  17. High Troller Loyal Player

My few cents: wait for the revamp to hit test server. If you're referring to wm in the sense of power consumption, power regen is being revamped as well.
  18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Role-less buffs pre-dates Weapon Mastery and everything that came with GU36. The "Age of the DPS" was born within the Origin Crisis raids with their enrage timers, which necessitated faster burn in an era of mostly mediocre DPSes (a plague which has existed in this game for a long time but has only gotten worse in recent years, despite the easy 1-2-3-4 formula for DPSing).
    • Like x 2
  19. GJGBlackDragon Dedicated Player

Read post #15
  20. Solarverse Committed Player

I think what he is trying to do is voice his concerns BEFORE the plan is concrete and too late to reverse/change.
    • Like x 2