Advice for a decent healer who keeps failing at RITE

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Balton hero, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Fearlantern77 Well-Known Player

Honestly it's all on the Tank depending where he's tanking at on the 1st and 2nd boss how he controls the Boss and adds, unless your group has a major dps that can burn down the adds as fast as possible and his health. But overall it's a group effort and for the 2nd boss eveybody should know the mechanic avoiding the fire by following the water when he yell gaurds. The controller stunning the adds after the tank pulls them on should help during the 2nd boss and the dps burns them real quick, then repeat cycle two more times after the fires has stopped.
  2. NoPhilosophy Committed Player

If you can even get into a sliver of ground not covered in red you'll be fine. I've healed standing in one spot with targets on every side of me
  3. metalfenix Committed Player

I only win it once, and it was with my league.

For first boss, there are little zones that are free from bombs. I noticed this after 3 consecutive wipes. Try to identify these spots and the bombs won't hit you or your teammates when the shield goes down (try to make tank draw vandal to this spot for better results)

For second boss, this was my nemesis, every time I went in, black adam just melted every team I joined. You have to realize something: You can't outheal black adam, he does a helluva damage. Team must be moving and chasing the fountains (some people just fly over the red flames, but it didn't work for me), and when Black adam threw his pulse beam attack (you know, like the handblaster one) I was losing that member quickly even if I spammed heals, but the solution is fairly simple: tell the team that BLOCK as soon as they realize Black adam is shooting the ray at them. That way your heals will keep them alive. Oh and have your burst and shields ready for when black adam say "guards, to me!"

Third boss...this was easy, the only time I got to vandal savage, we beat him fairly quickly, he's even easier than first boss (let's not say second boss)

I hope this helps.
  4. Superskull85 Devoted Player

This doesn't sound like a Healer problem honestly. While there is damage outside of the bombs most of it for non-Tanks will come from them. If you need to stop healing and focus on avoiding bombs that's what you should be doing. Same goes for every other group member. If you run without a Tank then the person mainly gaining aggro should know how to avoid damage. If not your group shouldn't be running without a Tank. And if you have a Tank then their defenses should give you the time you need to avoid the bombs (and of course they need to avoid them too). When you are outside the target zone cast a couple heals, jump cancel and move if you need to (but you should always try to jump cancel so that you can always move even if it is slow).

That boss fight is a prime example of why learning mechanics is more important than being on the top of the scoreboard (in any role). Safe areas could work, sure, but the popular area (corner) is not as safe as players think it is. Their dangers are alleviated due to Vixen's shield but yet I've still seen some group fall because of a bomb that they refused to dodge. The entire group needs to dodge if they need to do that. Relying on "safe areas" is not a very good idea if for whatever reason you aren't exactly in that area.

Practise your hot potato skills. :)
  5. SheerFaith Committed Player

1. Dont pug!!
    Search good players which knows what to do..Regular group is 1 dps 1 tank 1 troll 1heal..in a good group the Tank can dps the 1st boss..
    2. On first Boss you will need find a safe spot where you dont get hit so much from the Bombs (right corner or middle glitch)

3.Second Boss (with Tank) Black Adam starts Fire Attcks..there are some water spots in the middle of the Room..when some1 gets hit by the fire he needs to clean in water (walk over) very fast.
    Just put a heal over Time for those attacks..

4. Third Boss is very easy..
  6. inferno Loyal Player

It would be helpful to put some more info on your power and loadout and your strategy in healing.
  7. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

well, either stand on the wall, far left back. with the rest of the group there to. or, stand right next to the boss, right on him, in vixens shield, and use your when hers goes down.
    • Like x 1
  8. Balton hero Committed Player

Thanks loads for all the advice, everyone. Think I'm going to raise my sp and cr more before I try again, taking your advice(s) into account. I'd love to be able to make use of affinity mods by grabbing as much elite armor as I can(right now I just have gloves of omnipotence that I was somehow fortunate enough to get in my first run of Demon's Head elite), but maybe it's not necessary and just not in the cards for me.

For those who asked, I'm a nature healer, don't remember the group setup as far as roles go, and my general healing strategy is to keep hot going by building up pheromone stacks with, variously, cross pollination, savage growth, and metabolism, keeping swarm shield up as permanently as I can, keeping a close eye on health bars, and using blossom when I or someone else in the group's energy gets too low immediately followed by reestablishing pheromones, bow magnum round weapon mastery into powers, supply drop trinket, and soders(in that order) for power back/conservation, with regeneration as supercharge for when I need power or the controller needs a bit of help...and also have my equipment fully modded with 8.3 mods(resto for yellow, resto and precision for red and resto and (I think) health for blue) and the appropriate white generator mods for my role.
  9. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

nature heal In bug form is awesome. this loadout is very power easy, and you can spam non stop heals. savage growth, metabolism, then harvest, for a big heal. always start with hive mind. hit it everytime it cools off. blossom for a tank save. and swarm shield. rotation is this. hive mind. clip savage growth and metabolism together. then harvest. then savage. then clip the to again. then savage. always hiting hive mind when cooled off. swarm gives you power back everytime you use it. non stop healing this way. put the SC in your main loadout. that way, if you get KO you hit it for the SC and then go back to bug.
  10. light FX Steadfast Player

Dont random queue, simple ;)
  11. light FX Steadfast Player

Loadout should be savage growth, metab, harvest, blossom, swarm shield, and hive mind. Start with hive mind, always hit it when off cooldown. The growth and metab clipped together. Harvest for the smaller heals that wont wipe your HoTs and blossom for the biggest heal that will wipe your HoTs. Blossom becomes an 8 player heal if u have your HoTs going. Harvest is the same but the heals are smaller and wont wipe the HoTs. There is also big burst heals on the front end of SG and metab. So u can use to recast your Hots but also use em for the burst heal. No need for cross poll or that other stuff. This is a bug form loadout im talking about btw. Ive used the same loadout for a long time and solo heal everything.

Non bug heal loadout is SG, metab, cross poll, harvest, blossom, regeneration which is the supercharge. Dont use bloom ever. Its terrible. Takes way too long. Key to healing is healing at the right time. Basically when to heal. Too many people think putting out big heal #s on the scorecard means something. It doesnt. Not if ya heal at the wrong time or are slow and people die. Here is a video. Its my league mate but hes using the same loadout i mentioned for bug form. Hope it helps and good luck.
  12. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

my bad. was tired. clip the to together. harvest 2 times. clip, harvest 2 times. hive mind everytime it cools off.
  13. DCUO ENTHUSIAST Dedicated Player

What's your power?
  14. DCUO ENTHUSIAST Dedicated Player

Get rid of blossom, it's garbage in PVE, although noob players will swear up and down by it, it's garbage, and you will wipe your group every time you use it.

Savage growth, metabolism, hive mind, harvest, swarm shield, rejuvenation.....all while in bug....use this loadout and watch your days of healing become easy as pie...

Savage growth is a burst heal and hot
    Metabolism is a burst heal and hot
    Harvest is instant heal for you and player with least health and hot...

This gives two burst heals, instant heal for you and one other player and THREE HOTS ALL THE TIME for the entire group.

Most nature healers wipe their groups the second they use blossom because it removes those three hots.

Now, here come the posts of players that say 'i use blossom so and so and so and it does this and this'

And to that I would reply, 'ignorance is bliss and you're still a garbage healer'
  15. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

yes. clip, SG, META. then harvest2 times. 2 times will keep heals going and give other 2 time to cool off. hive mind all the time. clip, harvest 2 times. clip harvest. shield gives power back. blossom is for "save the tank" only!!! them back to above. put SC in normal form. if you get KO. hit SC go back to bug. none stop heals...