Please make pvp and arenas great again

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by TheVoiceOfReason, Oct 18, 2016.

1. TheVoiceOfReason Well-Known Player

I was a longtime player but a couple of years ago this game started to bore me so i stopped olaying for 2 years. I just recently came back about a month and a half ago anf i gotta say that what you guys royally screwed up pvp and arena's. You basicallly turned the arenas into legendary (but with a watered down version shell of your character.).

Im sure people will disagree wih me and that many people complained before that arenas werent fair but frankly it shouldve been. People with lots of skill points and better gear should have had the advantage they worked hard for and frankly all gear including pve gear, op gear, trinkets, amd home turf mods should be allowed as well amd get rid of all this stat nerfing business. After all home turf when it came out was billed as both a pve and pvp dlc.

What should have been fixed was the match making system that should have better matched up oppenents and teams to the average strengths of their characters rather than completely nerfing everyone, and If characters still werent strong enough or players werent good to compete in arenas thats what legends is for, for more fair competion. Arenas and pvp in general used to be a fun part and a huge part of the game and what it is now is a sad pathetic shell of its former self.

Please fix pvp and make it what it once was back a few years ago for all its faults and glory it was a way better system then it is now.
    • Like x 7
  2. ZypherUSPC Committed Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  3. Ringz Dedicated Player

Lol, its ok man. Theres alot of people that agrees with you but do understand that theres been post like this a thousand times already, so your basically talking to air. Pvp is at the least of the devs worries, and ironically enough there are some people who enjoys the way pvp is now(crazy right :confused:).

Don't expect pvp to be fixed anytime soon. They neither have the staff or the resources to do so, so in the meantime theres alot of games out there to be played untill then.
    • Like x 2
  4. Volkenraider Loyal Player

We need this man in the Dev team to make it happen

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  5. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

My blood boils from the sight of this man....:mad:
    • Like x 1
  6. PsianideUK Well-Known Player

Gear does give an advantage, just not a ridiculous one.

Home turf in arenas was a mistake.

Hopefully the upcoming changes to combat will help, and give a solid base to build upon... I can dream!
    • Like x 2
  7. The peoples Badguy Committed Player

The Bad One supports this thread.
    • Like x 1
  8. Ant Tao Well-Known Player

Since we are back to the quarterly releases, each DLC should have a PvE and PvP side.
    • Like x 4
  9. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

They should've done that from the beginning; I've been saying that. It's perhaps the smartest business model they could run for this game given how this community is structured. But, they just weren't thinking. It could very well be a game saver and changer.
    • Like x 1
  10. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

RPS should come back but tunned better (tunning down a lil bit the confidence boost for starters), but let that Home Turf stuff out of PVP.
  11. Soul Dedicated Player

Considering we've been told core PvP changes won't be made until a new season is in planning, and no announcement of a new season was made, I'de say "Should" is nothing but a hopeful dream at this point.

But hey.. I'de love to be pleasantly surprised! :)
    • Like x 1
  12. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

According to Mepps, we're getting a minor PvP change every GU if possible. That's good enough for me until they can fix open world.
    • Like x 2
  13. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Confirmed: Kody has infinite patience. :p
    • Like x 3
  14. Soul Dedicated Player

How can the deity of Metropolis be so gullible?
    I'm done sacrificing livestock for you. #NoGoat4U
  15. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

Well the last 3 game updates have had minor PvP changes so I think they're on a roll. I'd rather that than nothing.
  16. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

I only heard the first half of what you were saying because I dropped my orbital strike, henchmen, supply drop, and supercharge on you in the middle.
  17. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Thank goodness that madness isn't a part of PVP anymore. I mean I guess if you count Duels it is, but no one with half a brain takes Duels seriously.
  18. PsianideUK Well-Known Player

As soon as you started firing all that off he would have hit stealth equipped with the improved stealth mod, waited out the despawn, then killed you with ease because you rely on it to do your fighting for you.

;)
  19. Tsigalko Well-Known Player

i always have mixed feelings about changes they make on pvp. most of the time ill just adapt and go with it even when i don't agree with the changes. but 2 things were just straight out deal breaker for me, AM and HT trinkets/mods. they have no reason to be in pvp for whatever reasons. saying that bringing back either of them will make pvp "great again" is just something i can't put any logic in it.

but then again, i remembered the time when the devs decided to remove HT features from arenas, there are videos in youtube that defends the HT inside arena, and calling out ppl in the forum are toxic for "forcing" the devs to remove HT features. so i guess opinions may varies. i bet there are someone out there that still want AM and one shots to be back in arenas xD
  20. The Loveless Well-Known Player

IIIII'LL TAKE THE CASE!

If one shots are allowed in open world they should also be allowed in arena.

Arena balancing is a bandaid dressing a gunshot wound. Stat rubberbanding makes it harder to tell just how out of balance the powersets really are.

Small changes are made during every GU? Why does that not put me at ease?

I would like it if arena played just like open world. Bring your silly little, no-toughness, useless pets... just as long as we can earn HT by playing Pvp. Makes sense, innit?