Its a "Holiday" mystery!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TechWarrior0329, Oct 17, 2016.

1. L T Devoted Player

Normally I'd say you ALWAYS need more TANK!. However the seasonals are a different story. A tank can actually screw up the winter seasonal event pretty bad, since it's much better to keep the adds near the corner that they spawn in. On the other hand, for the Spring event a Tank is great. For Halloween, Valentine's, and Summer, it's actually a mixed blessing to have a tank, because everyone loses the group defense buff that they get from not having a tank in the group, so all of a sudden the AOE attacks start killing DPS instead of just damaging them.

Hey, at least you got a really good story out of it!
  2. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

Yeah, I prefer everyone go in as dps and just use the roleless buffs. When one of those runs is rough, it's usually because someone is in healer role and not healing.
  3. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Sorry LOL but I have an even better story from today before THEY SHUT DOWN THE DAMN SERVER ON US (before the hardware go POOF) . Entered mission as the Troll and discovered we had 2 DPS and 1 Tank. The cut scene played
    and then Poof we had 1 dps, 1 troll, 1 tank and 1 healer. Wow not a single roleless buff and guess what? Shortest time I've seen that alert end since the event started 2:45. Its amazing what you can do when everyone knows their job and does it.

LOL Plus after that 7 + minute fiasco last night it was a very refreshing change.

PS: already been almost 20 minutes so the game should be back up in 40 more.. IF everything goes as planned
  4. SheerFaith Committed Player

Yeah I got a nice holiday Mystery..
    I did over 320 runs and only got one Teekl till today..
  5. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

THAT is no mystery its the RNG .. Scarier than any demon, more annoying that Mister Mxyzptlk, and more frustrating than waiting in line at the DMV.

If we gave the thing super powers and set it loose in game it would be the ONLY super hero that mobs run away from in utter horror.

I know Teekl is supposed to be RARE but that is totally ridiculous. Oh and since you brought that up.. here's a mystery ..I'd like solved. exactly when did we start handing out rewards in holiday missions that can't be traded, sold or (if nothing else) given to another ALT? I got my third Ghost Aura today and, of course, it was on an ALT that already had the ghost aura. Can't sell it on the broker, can't email it to anyone, can't put it in my shared bank and let another ALT gran it.. Only thing I can do is sell it at the vender. The Boo tility belt is the same way but at least that is established .. no member of the BOO family, that I am aware of, can be traded or sold at the market.

But no big deal right? Not like anyone in game cares about AURAs. Not like we couldn't make a million or so selling them at the broker? :rolleyes:/rolls eyes
    • Like x 1
  6. Johnny0276 Dedicated Player

Every time I go to pick up health barrel in the right hand corner. I immediately get shifted back to my previous location to the left, just prior to the cut scene with Klarion. Really jarring each time it happens.

Oh, and why can't ghostly aura be account bound? Instead of set in stone to the one alt. Sigh.
    • Like x 1
  7. metalfenix Committed Player

Normally, the event instance is a breeze...but it gets fun when:

a) the other 3 players just dps klarion and ignore the crystal completely. thank god I'm there.

b) We have a sub 30 player on the team. I dunno why, but klarion then hits like a Mack Truck to my toons (and all of them are CR +100, being the lowest 119 and the highest 175). Sometimes it gets pretty messy.
  8. light FX Steadfast Player

This^ is my experience almost every time i run it. Except for the wipes. Only had that happen once so far. But every single run ive done this year, which is in the hundreds because im running 9 toons thru it daily, people have no clue at all to place the crystals or that klarion doesnt take dmg until ya place em. Ive just stared laughing at people over the mic now. Cause at 1st i would try to explain and tell people how to do it. I got ignored or got rude comments back. Just for calmly saying "guys we need to place the crystals. Hes not taking any dmg until we place em." Ive even seen where the last crystal has been placed and klarion is sitting there waiting to be tied up and 1 or 2 people continue dpsing him. Not for a second or 2 either. Dpsing away for another 30 seconds sometimes. I stood there and purposely didnt tie em up to see what would happen. And multiple times people just keep dpsing away.

And i dont understand how people cannot grasp how the event works. When the crystals come up a VO tells ya to place em, there is a message on screen in yellow, and he takes no dmg. 3 indicators and somehow people miss all 3 or dont pay attention to all 3. People just mash buttons and thats it. It shows me most players didnt want a clamp in the seasonals. They want to go in mash buttons and get out quick. Most of my runs are only 2-3 mins so its still quick. But thats with me placing the crystals. Ive queued into some runs that were no joke 40-80mins on the scorecard. Thats insane. Idk how that can happen. Then again the dcuo community has a big problem when it comes to paying attention to anything it seems ;) Some days i just laugh it off, other days its really frustrating.
  9. it_was_Friday Dedicated Player

I swear this has to be because those players don't understand the damage numbers. I will assume they are too noob to alter game settings, and so should be seeing white, yellow, orange, green, and blue numbers popping. They should have noticed them, and realized what they are... but honestly without instruction on what those numbers are, it isn't an easy picture. This would mean these players don't use sparring targets to test numbers, and then likely they also don't try to get the biggest numbers with a good rotation.

It's the same with Swamp Thing taking 1 point of damage until he is gassed. Or what about going against Superman at LexCorp and having him resist most all damage until you use a kryptonite transponder. Or just in any raid where someone is in the back tapping ranged attack all day, they must think damage is equivalent regardless of attack type and rotation. The healer that asks how he can tell if he is actually healing others. The second controller that asks how he can tell what his pot is. I see it now. No numbers. Oh... let's not even talk about modding for criticals.
  10. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I've had that happen a lot this year myself. after A while I came to a conclusion. Pay close attention next time it happens. The cut scene is a two parter. First Klarion talks and the Phantom Stranger has his half. When I get the shift I realized the Phantom Stranger part is not actually playing. I think what happens is Klarion stops talking and we can suddenly move .. then POOF we get shifted back to where we started from because the mission is TRYING to compensate for the time we were supposed to be watching that 2nd cut scene.

So its a glitch caused by the cut scene NOT playing like its supposed to. JUST my theory but after I came up with the idea I started to check on it... When the Phantom's cut scene does play.. no shift
  11. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

This event is so easy that the last time I ran it, I purposely just stood there and did nothing but transport crystals. My damage out at the end was 0. We still completed it in under 5 minutes.