Please make Suicide Squad Training a solo event.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by it_was_Friday, Oct 13, 2016.

1. it_was_Friday Dedicated Player

I know it isn't so much squad training when solo, but it is just a name for the event.

Other than the event not needing more than 1 person to complete, there is an important reason for making it available solo. A player should not have to wait for someone to do the daily event. There is a small time frame before each daily reset that a player can get caught in which may make him sacrifice a day's worth of stabilizer fragments. The difference between waiting a minute and not waiting at all becomes a big difference.
    • Like x 5
  2. Frank Zarjaz Committed Player

Queue a minute earlier. :cool:

Not that I'm against the idea, I'm very much for queueing everything solo.
    Perhaps this could be taken into account for future events.
    • Like x 3
  3. it_was_Friday Dedicated Player

Everything solo...? Dat seasonal, though.

Yes, for future events, or perhaps even if SST event lasts beyond the next update. It is, after all, an event taking place in the future, as well as the present and past.
    • Like x 1
  4. Frank Zarjaz Committed Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 10
  5. Nodens Dedicated Player

That "small time frame before each daily reset" that you're talking about is 24 hours. For a daily reset, it can't really get any bigger.
    Like Frank said, Queue a minute earlier -or, if you're in some situation that prevents you from logging into the game until the very last minute, queue a minute later. Sure, you'll miss one run, but if you just queue that one minute after reset each time, you'll have plenty of time. The Devs already have a lot of work on their hands. Changing all that coding over one minute really isn't necessary.
    • Like x 2
  6. it_was_Friday Dedicated Player

No, the time frame I am talking about is not 24 hours. It is the small time frame before a daily reset that might not find a queued partner. It is variable, but the longer the time span, the more likely a partner is found, up to a maximum of 24 hours... but I have never heard of someone waiting in queue for any duo for 24 hours. That is not what I am talking about.

But about all this coding you speak of... How about they just change the few, if not only one, line of code which tells the instance to start when the group is full of 2 persons?

Or make them an additional, always awarded drops from vault runs?

Or eliminate the middle man altogether, and give out stab frags to any account logging on that 24 hour period?

But back to what I was saying, so stab frags are not lost unnecessarily to some people some times, they could change the group size of the event from two to one. And I think that is the simplest solution for how things are currently.

And queuing earlier is not a relevant solution, since the problem must come from an inability to do so. For example, you are running a raid, and although it is taking longer than expected, you still expect to finish before reset. And you finish and exit to find you have 113 seconds before daily reset. You knew you had the event still available when you logged on, but at that time you came online your friends invited you to get the raid started. That raid took so long, but you have 113 seconds left, and the queue may or may not let you run your daily event, based on whether or not someone else is online, in your boat, and dared to queue with less than 2 minutes left. As another example, you might have had to get up to go take a ****, and crapped your pants, thereby knocking a good 20 minutes out of your gameplay, and when you get out of the shower, you are stuck in that small window of time where you may or may not have a chance at your daily reward. As another example, someone may enjoy playing other games, and have little to work for in DCUO, but they are working for stab frags for the new feats. They plan on signing on to do dailies, run down the outdoor seasonal, and queue for the indoor and SST event, plus the vault. The vault starts, and a message for seasonal indoor pops up. Putting that message on hold, the vaut is smashed quick, and rather than return to last location, the player just accepts the start of the daily indoor seasonal. And then it takes 24 minutes because horrible. No sense leaving and finding a new group. No time for that, and when it is over, it appears to be no time to run the SST event before reset.

I'm not asking for a teleporter here, just the opportunity to do the work necessary for daily rewards without hinderance beyond our control.
  7. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

sure I'd like to have a solo option to this. I dont see them doing it for this 1 though perhaps for the next 1 maybe giving us the standard duo and then a solo option too.
    • Like x 1
  8. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I'll admit the que times have gotten a little bit longer since the time capsules have been out a while now and the mass hysteria to get everything in 1 day is done but honestly it's still rarely more than a minute or so before I am inside and battling stuff.

As for going from duo to solo I think it could be done with no problem aside from taking off the requirement for 2 players. It hasn't happened too often but I've had a couple of those where I pretty much soloed the thing anyway.. MY GUESS? LOL My team mate qued up entered mission and then..... phone rang ? But a single person can easily do the thing so I see no issue with it. The whole thing takes like under 2 minutes to complete.. solo it may take a full two minutes ... maybe 2 and a half.. THE HORROR!!!! lol

And for those that MAY complain.. "What about the team building experience we'll miss? Learning the mechanics? Working together?" Ummmmm REALLY? lets see door is unlocked and we step inside. Six 4 man mobs appear, 3 on each side, and what usually happens is 1 take three on one side..my Team mate takes 3 mobs on his side and then either Harley, Boomer, or Killer Croc appears and we "TEAM UP" for 20 seconds or less and kick but.. Mission over. No one needs to block or lunge or click the right object at the right time or use all those healing barrels to stay alive (note sarcasm there are no healing barrels) so who cares how many players we need to run the thing? give me my scraps so I can move on.:cool:
    • Like x 3
  9. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

Yeah it can be done solo for sure, but the problem being solved - waiting until basically the last minute or two before the daily reset - is pretty minor as well. I personally don't think it's worth changing.
    • Like x 1
  10. Backseid Devoted Player

If it had been a Solo, or Soloable, as it should, I would have logged in.

As it stands, I have not logged in for weeks. Months really.

They just can't quite seem to grasp the basics. The constant "forcing" of Group content is not what people want.

ALL DUOS should be open to Solo play. Just that alone would have made a huge difference these past few years.
    • Like x 1
  11. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Hell, as easy as it is. Why did they even make it an instance? Just give me make scrapes when I log in for the day.
    • Like x 1
  12. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

here we go again...im playing a MMO, but, I want to do everything solo...smh...
  13. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

What will happen to the users who refuse to go into DPS stance? Will be in there for half an hour
  14. metalfenix Committed Player

Oh come on, I do the suicide squad training on my villain, and even then the queue pops in max 1 minute.
  15. it_was_Friday Dedicated Player

Which server? During a time around 5 minutes before daily reset, or at a busy time of day? And what if you have 1 minute left? What if you have 3 minutes left, the queue takes 1 min, your PS3 loading the Instance takes another minute, and it takes 1 min and 2 sec to complete SST?

Better yet... let's forget about "what if's" trying to argue whether or not the problem exists, and just accept that it does, because it does.
  16. it_was_Friday Dedicated Player

That's the other thread, sir.
  17. metalfenix Committed Player

As you can see in my sig, I play on PC/PS US server. I dunno if the others are more empty, but at least for this event, wich can be done with heros and villains together, queueing should not be a problem. That "what if" could apply to ALL the content...what a way to play if you want to do everything minutes before the daily reset. And yes, sometimes I do 2 hours before reset, not a very prime time.

So no, I still don't understand your point.
    • Like x 1
  18. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Most MMOs contain quite a bit of solo content, but retain the OPTION of grouping with other players if you want to.
    • Like x 1
  19. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I agree see there is the point most of the why do you all want to solo -ites? tend to forget about. Now the solo challenge is just that a Strictly solo event but daily missions have no such restrictions. I used to team up with my buddy from the league and we'd grab our missions and help each other complete them. Absolutely nothing says they HAVE to done alone.
    • Like x 1
  20. Veritech Loyal Player

That would be a natural consequence of their own decision.

All for solo stabilizer event. It's basically the new Vault anyways.
    • Like x 1