Nature Loadout

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by C4talyst, Oct 11, 2016.

1. C4talyst Well-Known Player

Hello All,

I have been trying to get the right feel for Nature and I wanted to let you all Critique my new idea for a Healing Loadout. Tell me what you think.

Human Form
    Savage Growth
    Metabolism
    Cross Pollination
    Regeneration
    Hive Mind
    Insectoid Form

Insectoid Form
    Savage Growth
    Metabolism
    Bloom
    Swarm Shield
    Human Form

I steered away from Harvest for quicker HOTs.
    I added Swarm Shield to Insectoid for bonus damage and to help fallen Heroes/Villians
    I added Regeneration to Human Form so if I get knocked out I can pop it relatively quickly.
    I added Bloom to Insectoid for the small bonuses from this form
    and I added Cross Pollination to Human for the powerful HOT

Staples in both forms are

Form()
    Savage Growth
    Metabolism
    Hive Mind

Also, for a good regenerating power back weapon I know all weapons are similar but like hand blasters for Insectoid tap range is there another option ???? thank you
  2. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Deja vu?
    • Like x 1
  3. C4talyst Well-Known Player

Yessir! until I get the right fit for my playstyle trying to keep my character flexible for any occasion. Really like HOTs but don't feel quite strong enough yet on those I like Harvest but it does have a cast time but stuns reg. mobs. So many choices so few slots to put my abilities in.
  4. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Want to run a duo and try your loadout versus mine?
  5. C4talyst Well-Known Player

what is your loadout?
  6. C4talyst Well-Known Player

sure just looked at your loadout. I was using it just thought I could maybe push a little more healing out and versatility
  7. C4talyst Well-Known Player

saw where harvest takes a few seconds before you can cast anything else. Don't get me wrong Harvest is nice would love to do a loadout of nothing but HOTs. But I don't think it would be as needed in raids could be wrong thou.
  8. C4talyst Well-Known Player

that is why I like nature my main focus is:
    1. Optimal Healing
    2. Power (controlling power and not spamming until I am out)
    3. Versatility being able to change to help out with a couple of extra abilities to use just in case.

Does that make sense?

I do great in alerts as long as dps stays close to tank. I can't heal you if you are on the otherside of the map type deal but I always try to stay close to group.

Do you use insectoid form and if so what weapon do you primarily use. I am using rifle in human form right now and the tap is slow best weapon I got so far should I just hold range do constant damage that doesn't tic up my power as quickly?
  9. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Cross P and Bloom are small HoTs. CrossP is only best in large crowded groups. It has a short range and doesn't work well if everyone is spread too far out. Bloom is vulnerable to interrupt but the Empowered Channeling Hand mod can remove that effect.
    Than we have Savage G and Metabolism: Both medium HoTs with additional small HoTs while as a Healer. These give you more bang for your buck. Harvest casts a heal based on existing pheromone stacks from: itself, Savage G, Cross P and Bloom.

I honestly don't find the risk of using Cross P worth the reward.
  10. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Yes I use Insectoid form always while healing, it's pretty much mandatory for best results. If I get knocked out and picked up I'll drops HoTs and/or Blossom if needed before going back to Bug Mode. I use hand blasters for healer role although I don't think your weapon choice really matters (someone correct me if I'm wrong).
  11. C4talyst Well-Known Player

I use Insectoid Form but sometimes I would like to see my character LOL.
  12. JasonIsley Devoted Player

I would like to see my toon sometimes too but Insectoid has grown on me :p
  13. C4talyst Well-Known Player

yeah I am trying to get used to it. only bad part about this build. read articles saying it doesn't help that much and then others saying insectoid for extra abilities and for raid content. just trying to weed out what is true and not true and the best build I can try.
  14. JasonIsley Devoted Player

how many armories you got? build a group and you could always test different loadouts for the same instance. make notes of how smooth the instance went for each loadout.
  15. Jeazy Baby Dedicated Player

I highly recommend using harvest. It's not only a hot but it also gives a burst heal. Not to mention the stuns really come in handy for those 3dps alerts people love so much these days. Here's my loadout, i've solo heal'd everything but DWFe using this.

Human form:
    Savage Growth, Metabolism, swarm shield, harvest, Regeneration, Insect form

Insect form:
    Savage growth, Metabolism, swarm shield, harvest, blossom, hive mind

Pretty much can get through any boss fight just hitting 6, 1, 2, and spamming harvest as needed. blossom only for big heals. hit hive mind as soon as it pops up and use the shield when you need it. I keep the SC in the human form in case I die from a one shot, quickly get up hit SC and go back into bug form.

Now of course this method you're always stuck in bug form (kind of an eye sore). but, it works well, simple and can heal anything.
    • Like x 1
  16. Waterfall Well-Known Player

I feel that I should point out 2 things.
    1. In the games current state being in bug form for the power back mechanic is the best way to go hands down. Healing any other way with nature is like going straight up monty python black knight.
    2. Everything is being changed with the stats matter update. So whatever you go with now will no longer work the same once that update goes live.
  17. C4talyst Well-Known Player

Thank you all for the needed information.
  18. SrirachaMayn Well-Known Player

Nature is commonly refered to as a heal over time healing power but thats only halfway true. the hots from nature are fairly small and you would need about 3-4 of them running in order to match a proper hot like circle of protection. every heal aside from blossom and blooms starts off with an initial burst heal and then tapers off into a hot. these burst heals are where the bulk of your heals should be comming from.

what i would suggest for a bug build is to run savage growth, metabolism, blossom, bug form, regeneration, and swarm shield in human form. if you go down and get picked up, pop regeneration so that you have heals goin as you take an eternity to transform back into bug form. for the bug loadout, i'd run savage growth, metabolism, blossom, hive mind, harvest, and swarm shield.

as a healer, you cant rely solely on hots to keep ppl alive. hots main keep health bats topped off while bursts bring ppl back up from almost dead.
  19. JasonIsley Devoted Player

I wouldn't go so far as to say that. Our loadout may still be a really strong loadout for healing. I'm not arguing the changes being made, just the specifics of the change. We won't really know until they release more information.
  20. Jeff Bond Committed Player

Just don't bloom... please
    • Like x 3