Anything special for Batman Day??

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Multiverse, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

:mad: don't tell me bad news.. :confused:
  2. Malachee Committed Player

Imho, the best "Batman scene" from any of all the films of a live-action Barman, was that little five minute section of BvS where he bursts into the warehouse and fights his way through the goons to rescue Martha. I remember thinking as I watched it, "Finally, THAT is the Batman from the Comics!" The 90's series that started with Keaton always struck me as more "posing" than real. And the Dark Knight trilogy (other than Ledger's gifted performance) was largely a melodramatic mess that never really went anywhere.
    • Like x 1
  3. light FX Steadfast Player

Wow didnt know and that sucks. Imo its the best batman style. I guess we can dream huh :p
  4. Dezaras Loyal Player

I used to be a barman.
    • Like x 2
  5. Backseid Devoted Player

I know Clooney was the worst. Those movies were just bad regardless of the cast.

But was Kilmer ever Batman? I feel like he was. Brain far here...
  6. Backseid Devoted Player

I was a barman, professionally, for 15 years :D
    • Like x 2
  7. Malachee Committed Player

lol Judging from my spelling, it looks like I need one of those about now. :cool:
  8. Nodens Dedicated Player

Nope! He wore the costume, and TRIED to be Batman, but failed miserably!
    • Like x 1
  9. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

10. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

11. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

shoot hit me up lmao, i got flash and other legends lol. i still need to get to 200 sp. at 177 ;)
  12. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

13. Veritech Loyal Player

Maybe you instigated this. Take the credit :D
    • Like x 1
  14. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

You heard it here first guys.
    it all my doing. All MINE!! ;) ;)
  15. Wreckshot Well-Known Player

Not true. If you have multiple of the exact same thing, you add an 'S' onto the end. 'Batmen' indicates they're similar but different. So if you had Batman, Primal Batman, and Future Batman in a room together, their collective noun would be Batmen. Having hundreds of people dressing up as the exact same character - in this case, a generic Bruce Wayne Batman - would indicate they're a plural rather than a collective.

If we were discussing dressing up as different Bat-people, then sure, Batmen. But we're not, we're discussing dressing up as the same specific character. And so, 'Batmans' is grammatically accurate.

While we're at it, there's no such word as 'sinceriously', by the way. It's like schools don't even teach grammar anymore. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  16. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

You also forgot to let him know Jiminy has one 'm' not two.
    • Like x 1
  17. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

:cool: it may be your doing but i'm stealing all the credit, wanna know why cause i am a Very evil villain.;)
    • Like x 1
  18. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Tell you what, call up any English Grammar Teacher or Professor you want that's here in the United States, and tell them that, see what they say. I'll wait. :p

"Sinceriously" is a phrase that actor STEPHEN AMELL, the star of the CW Network's ARROW, coined on his social media pages, and which fans of the show (such as Yours Truly) have now started using ourselves! ;)