Maybe a solution for People wanting to que up or walk in, let me know what you think.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lord Jareth, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Hey what's up everyone this time i am speaking on my own idea let me know what yall think, please read everything before giving back feedback i want to make sure everyone understand this idea.

If you have any question's or concern's for this thread and don't understand it please ask me i will try my best to answer any of your question's.

i am gonna get to the reason then to the idea.

We try to ask for walkins we were told it would cause to many bugs, some players made the suggestion to solo que other complain it would slow down the que system.

So here's my idea

Making you're own groups with npc's to be able to run anything that you are able to run, depending on tiers cause we don't want players skipping even though they can kinda easily with running solo and duos.

I don't feel that i need to explain the Cr thing if you play this game you already know what it is and what Cr you need to be to get into content.

Trying to put this as simple as i can, if i am a player and unable to run content or go back and run old content for reason's could be more than one we all know the reason's.

With this i don't have to wait on que's or league mates to log in or make a group in lfg if i don't feel like it.

This is (Alternative option)

I just can get done with any content i wanna run, and not ruin the lower content for other players.

You would have legends as you npc's Depending on Roles Every legend would have a dps or support role that way you will always have options,

The Npc's would be base of what type of cr you are and raise up while you do with Cr/Gear and SP that way you can have them as an Alternative way to enjoy content same thing with Stats matter for later on,if you're legend was a support role the Stats would be in the support or dps (Player's choice).

It all depends on you if you want the legend to go up you need to go up, guess I'll take a quote from
    Dcuo The Next Legend is you!

If you want the Npc stronger you yourself needs to get stronger as well, that's the best way i can think of making it fair to players again this is in (Alternative Option),You may be one of those people who love playing content with other's that's why this is (Alternative Option).

This would not lower the Down rate of the Queing system it would allow players to play the game instead of complain about the waiting.

Also allowing new players to enjoy the content with out old players coming in and burning the bosses/mechanic's,and also allow the end game players to go into raids/alerts without going off on each other when failing a raid.

Of course this would be a Alternative option it would be the players choice to run with legends or normal players on DCUO.

I gotta say it one more Time just to make sure everyone understands (Alternative option) (Player's Choice).

This is just an idea that i hope may help players and myself cause i ain't gonna lie i have had failed groups time to time we all do.

This would an (Alternative option) like i said it's the (Player's Choice) if you didn't want to do that then it's your
    call you're decision.

If you have any question's or have a problem understanding it please let me know in the comments i will try my best to help you out.

Besides that let me know what yall think of this Alternative option ;)

this will be my last Time talking about this subject if it doesn't make yall happy, well then i'm done either way this will be my final suggestion base on my own threads i will be commenting only after this.

so after this i leave up to yall on what yall wanna do cause i am done dealing with the stress and bullying..so enjoy this last suggestion/idea.

i put everything i had into this thread base on feedback from before.
    like i said if you have any question's had any problems understanding it let me know I"ll try my best to explain it better.
  2. Nicolas Gallardo Committed Player

Or just let me run the content by my self...
    • Like x 1
  3. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

as i said in the op we have made that request including myself several times and got told that it would have bugs so that wasn't an option and that's what i mention in the op, please read the op before giving back feedback thank you.
  4. Nicolas Gallardo Committed Player

Well i didnt know about that, but that would be the best for me. If devs said that well then its not a vaible option.
    But here is my doubt: queuing and doing those things with npc isnt the same that doing it alone? Like i dont get it
  5. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I don't know. NPC's sounds like a great idea in principle but at the same time, it'd be easier to implement the ability to just let us que as solo.

And while we're at it, I'm not sure how well this would work with the Current DCUO community being that everyone gets into groups these days by being a support role, or a really strong DPS.

I'm sure if players were given the option, they'd rather run with NPC's over other players everytime they got the chance.

Think about it, 8 player raids typically end in failure due to someone not knowing mechanics, someone else kicks or insults the guy in the group, etc.

If they had NPC's to work with, they could avoid all that trouble instead of working with other players.

So all in all, from a player stand point this is a good idea but the community would make it far too valuable to the point were you'd solo nearly everything because you scale the NPC's to the level of the content.

I know you said only for older content, but that won't stop others for asking it to be a permanent thing and replace grouping in DCUO.
    • Like x 1
  6. Proxystar #Perception

*your

And no, all they need to do is implement a "force queue option" so that people can force an instance to start with a group less than 8.
    • Like x 3
  7. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

it kinda would be but it wouldn't cause any bugs becaue they would have to reprogram anything cause we already have the legends and the Raids/Alerts/duos.

the legends as i mention in the op would be base of your character the stats the SP the gear, it would change if you wanted it to be support role it's you're option as a player, i feel like we all deserve more options so i gave it my best shot.
  8. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

not true jacob i had a feeling someone would say that reread the OP the legends would be base off of you, of your SP/Stats/CR, not the content itself.

we have players who have better stats than others all the time that's why this will be optional.

we have several players who don't wanna get up sp and that's why this will be a different kinda option, if you want to run with legends you're going have to get up you're stats and everything, it depends on the player.
  9. Nicolas Gallardo Committed Player

I know and im not complaining about it lol. Im just saying another good option. The legendaries npc is not a bad idea but i think its more complicated rather than just let people queuing by themselves. Thats what I think. Im NOT saying your idea is bad at all.
  10. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

did i put that you're again? Which sentence is that please i was more focus on getting this thread done and didn't pay attention, okay i think i fix it, and i totally agree but me jacob and several other players have made this thread already and this suggestion..

that's why i made this thread but like i said i am listening to everyone's concerns and feedback, and like i said in the op this will be my last suggestion/thread i will only be commenting from now in the forums on so please if you have any more comment or suggestion add in.

if that's what yall really want make sure the devs understand and know this cause afterwords it's done and over with not mad or anything but i just don't wanna make threads anymore.

i will still be the forums commenting but i"ll leave the forums making to everyone else cause to be honest i wearing myself out making these threads looking for feedback.
  11. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

never said you were complaining about it nicolas this i call it feedback this is what i am looking for, and i totally agree we never got really an answer for that one but it keep getting ignore i made that one thread several of times and jacob has made it him/her self as well.

but lets you called it a good idea that's good to hear. ;)
    • Like x 1
  12. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

And that's the problem. There's some Elitist folks out there that will probably have the max gear and a ton of SP. Let's say for instance that they wanted to farm for feats , if the NPC's scale with him he probably wouldn't want to run with other players.

I get we need Different Grouping options, but if you let NPC's take over there's really no point to Support Roles, Other DPS, or Even Leagues for that matter.

This idea would probably be best served if the entire population goes away someday(Yes that will take some time to happen as DC is still going strong, but all mmo's reach that point of low population due to being old and completed. Take a look at Guild Wars 1 if you will.)
  13. Gwalir Loyal Player

How about instead of having a Legends npc join us, our alts do instead?

That way, it makes our alts more important, while those without them can still que with other players.
  14. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

well with that in mind jacob you can't exactly say they chose to run with lower players when they rather run with league mates.
    this was basically design for players that don't have leagues and that spend all day waiting for a que or try making groups and players leave cause its taking to long to find a support role.

as i said it wouldn't eliminate the need of other players you have to obtain stats to start legends and we got a lot of players who enjoy playing content with others and sometimes without other's this will be the option.

but as i said before my last thread, feedback has always been important please use this thread anyway possible guys to make it where you want let the Devs see the feedback

maybe my idea can be use later on ;) i'm just glad it was one that was somewhat understandable and might be able to help.
  15. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

how would that be possible you can't be log in more than one character at a time. not to mention how much server space it would take up
  16. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Well if that's the case then I'd implement a Small Little GU or Hotfix and let it run for about a month.

Based on what happens or what people say, that would determine if it stays or not. It's a good idea and one that the devs should take into consideration.
  17. Gwalir Loyal Player

What i mean is have an option when you enter a particular Instance to have one of our alts be loaded up and controlled as an NPC. Kinda like the Sidekicks we get from the Mainframe Trinkets.

As for server space, I have no idea how much server space individual characters take up. Then again, I don't believe anybody does.
  18. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

well expect the developers they know the server space don't let them trick you they know, but i kinda get the idea which i think it would be easier for legends cause they are already design, plus on top of that they don't exactly have the team to go around finding everyone alts and making it where they can team with alts, after all some players don't even have alts.
  19. Gwalir Loyal Player

I meant none of us players know about the server space, so short of a dev saying, most we can do is guess.

As for finding everyone's alts, I was thinking we would only have access to our own. If someone doesn't have an alt, or that alt is too weak to run whatever Instance the player is trying to do, that player either needs to work on that alt or play with other players. Our alts are already designed, and can be used as whatever role we have designed them to be.

Another reason I'd prefer alts to Legends is due to the fact that all the Legends are pretty much just DPSs. You would have to redo all of them to give them a Support Role. Also, the Legends we have are used in a Legends simulator, meaning they're not real. That's why we gain them through exobytes. It'd be kinda weird to start bringing holograms or whatever with us to face major threats like Brainiac and Darkseid.
  20. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

sad truth is whether the idea is brilliant or not (and i'm not saying it is or isn't) if it were ever to come to pass it would happen at a much later date than what's needed. remember before we get to new content we're supposed to be getting rid of the cr differential system and go back to more of a stats+skill matter more way of playing. thats a hefty task on the devs plate and the one thing i want them to be focusing most on along with what new content we should expect to see in the new year.

but long queue times are going to become an issue in the coming months. even loyal die hard players who can't wait for new content are taking breaks and playing less. last night i saw groups begging for dps for kct runs. A lot of players are going to have to dismount their high horses if they want to keep their grind going in the coming months.