Rage DPS thread

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by slickpulla915, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Leafy Committed Player

I ain't trying to spend until Christmas in there. :p
  2. Wallachia Devoted Player

I'm going in then! My CR is reasonably high! (164?)
  3. Saybro Committed Player

Haven't played in a while but ferocity didn't seem worth it to have in a loadout. Pop it and clip it and you only get the first hit or whatever to reap the benefit. They should increase its duration. But who am I kidding.
  4. motionsick Well-Known Player

So pulled a Rage alt out of storage and played around a bit.

Has anyone else noticed the animations aren't very smooth with Rage (other toons/powers seem fine)? Combat seems to have hitches where it freezes (and screws up the combos) for a microsecond ..
  5. Kevin109311994 New Player

I think this is an issue inside the game and not just with rage, I was running on my hard light earlier and I kept freezing and it would stop the combo every time.
    • Like x 1
  6. Korlick Loyal Player

Yep, its like frame skip, or frame freeze. Its really annoying, and as a combo power makes it harder to make a good performance.
    Rage Tanking? good luck with that lol
  7. Wallachia Devoted Player

Rage tanking is alright. I'm going to make an experience, although some others told me to do different, but I HAVE to try it...
  8. Korlick Loyal Player

Rage tanking is alright. I said that because of the frame skip/frame freeze, makes it really hard (and sometimes impossible) to avoid the crash.
    • Like x 1
  9. Ichiro Loyal Player

I don't know if anyone else has noticed with rage but sometimes, not all the time, when clipping attacks sometimes it waits for the animation to complete before going into the next attack. The most common, or the one I notice the most, is going from outrage extra measure to E chain. I hit outrage/extra measure and try to clip e chain but the whole animation for outrage/extra measure plays out then without hitting a button, at completion of outrage/extra measure, E chain shoots out.

I used to think this was lag but nothing else is lagging at the time and there is no reason for E chain to activate if it was lag. Lag for me usually misses anything that was done during the lag period.
    • Like x 2
  10. ShadowTheHunter Well-Known Player

Same here, I hate it when it does that. I beat up my Sparring Target a lot while queueing instances and that will happen occasionally. Like you said, it seems to happen when no noticeable lag is occurring. Weird bug.
  11. Wallachia Devoted Player

Korlick, Ichiro, I have a question for you:

Rage Tank is great against multiple targets and bad against single targets. Given that Remorseless Recovery heals per damage and, in tank stance, the damage:healing is 1:1, and considering that RR + Outrage in DPS stance is enough to fill the HP bar entirely even being almost dead, do you guys think RR + Outrage would be a good idea to cover Rage Tank's "weakness" against single targets, as I'd heal about 10k using it, not to mention other attacks as well?
  12. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

If revenge was given its original speed back rage dps would be fine
    • Like x 1
  13. motionsick Well-Known Player

I don't think it's a frame skip, because if it was you would still be able to execute the combo properly (you just wouldn't necessarily see the animation frames). Feels definitely like tiny freezes in the game itself.

Other powers seemed fine, but don't have another combo power to test.
  14. Pults Loyal Player

Just block. You can mitigate more than you will even heal back with RR and a single outrage combo you might fit in the 2 second window.
  15. Wallachia Devoted Player

The idea wouldn't be mitigating, but self-healing. But I understand what you're saying.
  16. Ichiro Loyal Player

I use RR in my general tank load out. The heals IMO definitely help if you have a weak healer against a single target boss. I have not used outrage on my tank load out because of the high power costs and long cool down time. Usually against single target I like low costs powers with short cool downs to try and stack as much health as possible while not draining the troller. I think E chain would be close to the damage of outrage in tank mode at a lower power cost.

In survival when against single bosses I would use rage blast and without mercy as my health stackers and the 2 breakout loadout which could add up to 4 - 5 powers per a cycle. That seemed to stack enough health to handle the incoming damage but I did have to rely on the healer to keep me topped off and to heal back and damage taken during the vulnerable time frame.

I don't think rage is weaker than any other tank against single target. In some cases it might even be stronger.
    • Like x 1
  17. Nicolas Gallardo Committed Player

This bug is so annoying dude. My combo usually starts with Out then E.chain and then Rev, beacuse i get more damage from E.chain than Rev. But the problem with this rotation is that almost all the time it bugs or freezes.. they need to do something about this
  18. Streven Dedicated Player

I feel they just need to tweak relentless anger and severe punishment so that you effectively can't die while those are active while you're in DPS stance unless you rage crash.