Can't uninstal?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Avian, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Avian Dedicated Player

I noticed that I have both Daybreak and SoE versions of the game itself and the test server on my computer. I want to get rid of all the SoE stuff as well as the Daybreak test server but whenever I try to uninstal them I get this message. Using the launchpads uninstal doesn't work either. Anyone know what to do?

[IMG]
  2. Proxystar #Perception

I think you get this error when you don't open enough capsules ;)

you could just delete the directory and then get rid of any registry entries and forget about it
    • Like x 5
  3. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

Why are you deleting? Don't you have capsules that require opening still :eek:
    • Like x 1
  4. Avian Dedicated Player

I dropped my sub and pretty dropped my play play time to 1 hour per week... don't really care about those capsules :/
    • Like x 3
  5. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

fair enough and it was only a joke Avian :p

Was no need to elaborate or explain why you did anything :)

sadly I don't see many faces getting on as I did 1-3 months ago.
  6. Nodens Dedicated Player

The uninstall problem has been in effect for quite some time, actually. Tech support says they're trying to figure it out, but considering that uninstalling the game just reduces the companys' sources of income, I really don't see a fix happening at any point in our lifetimes.
    • Like x 1
  7. Mick Basher Well-Known Player

• Like x 1
  8. Wallachia Devoted Player

You are not allowed to uninstall. You are bound to DCUO now.

Resistance is futile.
  9. BumblingB I got better.

I hear you. :/ I'm 1 per week as well. Been only logging in to get that stupid fragment then maybe a duo or that new raid. But even then, it's mostly just the 5 minutes to run the event and glance at the broker.
  10. Swamarian Committed Player

Last time I tried to uninstall, I ended up searching the registry, and deleting the game there. (I didn't delete the bits, because I was getting a new laptop. The first time I launched the launcher, the game "reinstalled."
  11. Backseid Devoted Player

I was there for a bit. Now, it's been at least a month. Likely 2.

They lost me, and many others, with the whole group play only bit. Which is odd considering we saw mass dips in players the few times we had group only DLC's. Kinda thought that would have been edumiccational.

I think it's time... :(
  12. Tilz Loyal Player

NOOO AVIIIAAAAAAN :(
    • Like x 1
  13. Avian Dedicated Player

Ah glancing at the brooker... yeah not really much of a point to that with a 2k cash limit :D
    • Like x 1
  14. light FX Steadfast Player

I remember this being a bug people reported and started threads about over a year ago. Not sure if it ever got fixed tho. Kinda looks like it didnt huh :p
  15. light FX Steadfast Player

Im in the same boat. Im logging on to finish capsule feats. That is it. Most of my time the last 2 weeks has been doing new styles and posting in the costume thread. Which is pretty sad imo. Because i play a lot of toons and was pretty hardcore. Now im just like whatever. AF3 better be the most epic dlc ever. Because i wont have a sub when it goes live. I will be checking it out b4 i sub again like a lot of other players i know will be doing.
  16. Korlick Loyal Player

To uninstall the game you have to buy the Uninstall Bundle from the MP. In the bundle box youll find some replays badges, a mail robot, a stack of ultimate sodas, a purple aura and the chance to get the rare featured Uninstall file.
    • Like x 5
  17. Gimpy Loyal Player

Even if You get the game/test un-installed You still have all the runtime files and such You no longer may want.

Not saying having the runtime files is a bad thing because They aren't hurting Your system and will allow other programs to use Them if needed, just that some may not wish to keep those files.
  18. Harlequin Devoted Player

Your sig makes me laugh way too much.
  19. Beefiest Cakes Committed Player

It was fixed a bit ago but I guess they broke it again.
  20. Avian Dedicated Player

You deserve more likes, lmao.