The Future of Survival Mode.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ItsFreeToKill, Aug 31, 2016.

1. ItsFreeToKill Active Player

So As long time player of DCUO the game has added somethings and I never truly complained. But recently DCUO announced on twitter that Oan is our next Survival Mode, making it's third appearance. My all time favorite thing on DCUO is Survival Mode. Now I do not know if these dates are all exactly on point but the first SM (Oan ScienceCells) was released June 30th 2014 with the Chest Piece. The next was (Trigon) SM October 7th 2014, that's four months from the first SM. And again they released a chest piece with the Trigon sm, opening a whole new set of gear. About 3-4 months later (FOS) SM and then 3-4 months later (HH) SM, all with chest pieces as their rd 10 reward. Now that is 4 survival modes every year that drop ONE piece of gear for that set. With the second release of all these Survival modes they added another piece of gear, the legs. Which took another year to cycle through the maps. That is 2/8 pieces of the full set of gear that it looks like will continue to drop. That is 8 YEARS of survival mode. That is too long to finish a set of gear and too spread out. Now I may be wrong to say this but it looks as if we aren't going to receive a new SM map if DCUO continues to finish these gear sets. So a proposal from a player who genuinely likes DC and SM is this. Release these Survival modes EVERY OTHER MONTH or EVERY MONTH. Now I do not know how hard it is for a SM to release but if it is the same maps over and over why not make them drop out faster that way we can finish our sets of gear and move on to better and more exciting maps? One common idea for SM is Throne. I would freak out to get a Cerberus pet from an SM. I think that a portion of the DCUO community would agree that SM could help us enjoy the game a lot more espically when there is a downtime between DLC's now that they won't be releasing every month. I hope that this rant will get the feedback I personally am hoping for and I believe that a portion of the community feels this way too espically the Leagues that enjoy SM!
  2. majosea Dedicated Player

requesting this [IMG]for Survival Mode.
    • Like x 2
  3. ItsFreeToKill Active Player

Exactly. An SM like this would be great
  4. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Request for BN to be a SM Mode, the Raid was hard before now imagine it on SM ;) Nvm i let the picture show you the future :D

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  5. Caroline Dedicated Player

I agree with you, SM's are kinda going slow, especially if we're going to be collecting whole sets.

My league loves running SM, we usually go for higher rounds and always try to gather some pets.

I also thought of Paradox Wave and Thrones as SM, if we ever get those, I think the pets and rewards are going to be amazing. I would love to have some little Paradox pets following me around.
    • Like x 1
  6. Nicolas Gallardo Committed Player

I was reading twitter and it seems SM is coming Next week or the other, am i wrong?
  7. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Origin Crisis SM or bust.

They won't do a TOTD themed SM with AF3 coming soon. Nekron / Lanterns have been done so no thank you.

It'll probably be a Batman themed one next.
    • Like x 1
  8. ItsFreeToKill Active Player

Preach
  9. Leafy Committed Player

Yes! we need sm to come out more often
  10. Caroline Dedicated Player

They actually might do that, because it happened once. We've got a HH SM 1-2 ( I think ) months after the raid was released. And yes, I know it's not the same as what you said, but it's more likely for them to do it after AF3 is released.
  11. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

you could be wrong show me the tweet, because it's not suppose to be out this early
  12. ItsFreeToKill Active Player

Its not coming out in like a week all they did was announce that they're doing Oan SM next
  13. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

o_O it's time for oan again man time fly by fast
  14. ItsFreeToKill Active Player

I wouldnt care that oan is dropping again. But that means that the next one won't come out for another 3-4 months when oan is done.... And it will be Trigon SM.
  15. Miserable Dedicated Player

I think that was about test server, not live.
  16. Pack_Mane Well-Known Player

Yay Oan is back

That means Cat woman and Lightning

Can't wait!
  17. Here2Help Devoted Player

Sigh, here we go again with Oan. Let's continue the cycle once again. Really had the feeling they'd release a new SM. People have been asking for it and we have a massive gap of no content, it's the least they could do. But nope, they want us to stay in our boring repetitive cycle of defeating the same bosses in the same area for the same rewards. Finish round, delete items, finish round, delete items. Be bored throughout. Can't wait!
    • Like x 1
  18. GCDP New Player

If they don't start releasing new content for sm I personally think it will die down. Me free and our entire league agrees that sm maps need to change. Make it different and interesting like when sm first came out it was something new and challenging to everyone. It tested how good of a player you were, but you still didn't know what pets or items you were gonna get. DCUO bring that excitement and randomness of pets and items back please.
    • Like x 2
  19. light FX Steadfast Player

These SM rolling around for the 3rd time now are a waste imo. Most people who run SM have already done all 4 SMs twice already. We got our platinum stuff, got our pets, and got our base items. The base items have lost so much value to where they are almost worthless. I had every HH themed base item in my bank and went to sell them and not 1 item was over 500k on the broker. I have a lunar landing scene from FoS SM which is the rare item and its on the broker for less the a million.

Plus if the bosses havent changed. If the base items havent changed then imo there is no incentive to run it. SM was described as the hardest content designed for the hardcore players, the top 5-10%. And its been made easier every time it comes around. There is no challenge to it anymore when everything remains the same as the year before and the year before that.

I just read on twitter the reward every 2 rounds now is going to be variants of the past rewards. Im guessing this year will be the shepard of adara chest style with some glow on it and some symbol like the 1st SM oan chest. Then next year it will be shepard legs with some glow on them. If not the blue lantern style then it will be the rage, indigo, star sapphire, or sinestro corps chest. The only one of those i would even consider running it for is if its the sinestro corps one.

We either need a new SM altogether or the 4 SMs we currently have need a face lift. New bosses, new round 10 boss, new themed base items and new style rewards. New style rewards, not variants.
  20. ItsFreeToKill Active Player

I like sm but we either need something new during these 3-4 month periods with no sm or they need to be released faster. I dont want to have the same 4 maps for 6 more years lol