Who here doesn't use a mic?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheDarknessWithin, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Streven Dedicated Player

You should run any content you feel like without a mic and feel no shame at all. You don't need a mic for anything in this game and nobody need you to be able to hear them either. If it's that important they can type it to you.
    • Like x 4
  2. Unida Dedicated Player

teamspeak for league - could care less about the WT and or the ps people that expect me to plug into their conversations

usually sounds like an wshh unsigned artists chat and most of them tend to be either far too opinionated (and usually wrong) or just generally annoying with an inability to have silence in their lives, mostly due to no push to talk so they just keep yabbering.... yawn. no point.

i dont even use game sounds anymore as im usually watching tv at the same time, the concentration level isnt really needed in DCUO, only a handful of things in it are even remotely close to being challenging.
    • Like x 3
  3. Tsigalko Well-Known Player

u don't really need a mic to hear instructions. all u need is to change the voice chat tab to what anyone else is using and u can hear what everyone is saying. so i can't never understand the shouts requiring a mic for a PVE raid. and even so, blocking skulls, hitting switches, reviving fallen group member, destroying pods or w/e, should come naturally even without someone shouting in the voice chat ordering u to do so.
    • Like x 1
  4. light FX Steadfast Player

The 3 worst things ive heard over the mic ingame was some dude arguing with his gf about an abortion :confused: 1 guy who had the ultimate darth vader breathing, it was like he was blowing into the mic :rolleyes: And finally 1 guy in a squeaky voice saying "im so swaggy" over and over and over and over and.....:mad:
  5. BumblingB I got better.

I wish people would use PTT. :(
    • Like x 1
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Been playing 5 years and never used a mic. Don't need one lol.
    • Like x 1
  7. Leafy Committed Player

I rather not use one if I have the option to.
  8. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

my opinion personally is microphone FTW but it's not something that everyone has

the people with the most money are the winners of this game :(
  9. Gashadokuro Level 30

I play on xbox. Typing isn't exactly the easiest method of communication- unless you have a chatpad. If I'm in a PUG, I'd prefer a player with a mic than one without strictly for that reason. Usually I'll try to run through the content without explaining anything. If we fail due to mechanics, I'll ask everyone to get in instance chat. If more than one doesn't- I leave. If only one doesn't fall in line, I vote to kick.

I know it sucks, but I'm not about to try typing out what the mechanics are on a virtual keyboard, letter by letter, just to teach you how to play. Explaining it verbally takes on average- 1-2 minutes with questions. Explaining it via chat takes 10-15 minutes with questions.

Now, if it's someone in my league that I know I'm going to play with regularly, it becomes worth it to type it out. But for a pug? No-*******-thanks.

All that said- it would be kinda cool if we could save custom messages for quick chat. Then I could spend a few minutes typing out a very detailed explanation of a specific raid or alert's mechanics, save it as a quickchat message with the label BBS/ RIT/ etc. and then post it to chat for those without a mic.
  10. CHUD Loyal Player

Oooooooo....ouch. That goes into a moment where you say to yourself "Why is this happening to me???".

In the same vein,.....I was in game a while ago and had to hear a person on mic (fellow league member.....and league leader at that) talk like Neil Goldman from Family Guy. I could almost swear that the mic got soaked in spit after a while. What made it worse was that the person was trying to dictate that I should have a mic no matter what.

....in a way....thank God I got kicked from that league.....
    I just couldn't handle that voice any longer.
    • Like x 1
  11. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i'm a push to talk kind of guy. i prefer quiet during an instance. i think it makes for a smoother run if people arent talking about other things. i usually have movies, music or something playing in the background. dont want to subject other players to that.

once in a while not having one becomes an issue. it was different before when we had to roll on group loot for gear. even then most of the time you really didnt want to hear the threats, cries and demands of other players.

i think its good to have one but you certainly dont need one to get by.
  12. Nebraxis Active Player

My leaguemates and I actually use Skype. Can't stand ignorant kids and their "music".

Edit: Well, until we all get PS compatible mics anyway.
  13. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

Listening to the random musings of some 4Chan Jagoff...while their favorite "Country Pop"...or "Death Metal" screeches into my ears...bud...youre LUCKY I have a KB...at my BEST I type "Hi" at duos...who needs a mic...no one...
    • Like x 1
  14. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I prefer typing and not using a Mic.

Personally I don't care as long as the missions gets done. Group chat, or mic it's fine.

Don't even get me started on People who have their mic on, but have noise running the background..
    • Like x 1
  15. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

I only use my mic with friends and never randoms. My channel switching is set to manual so I dont have to hear random garbage either.
    When I am with my friends it feels pretty mandatory. I wanna talk about the rewards I got, versus what they got, talk about what to run next. Its just sucks extremely bad to type crap out on ps4 controller.
  16. BigAl Devoted Player

I have to use a mic, I don't have enough money to pay attention. :cool:
    • Like x 1
  17. Pathosgrim Dedicated Player

I use my mic when I'm raiding with league or chatting with them or friends. I rarely use my mic when pugging.
  18. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I don't use a mic or keep chat on. I need to concentrate while playing a game. Hearing two people yapping about nothing breaks that concentration.
  19. Proxystar #Perception

Turn on push to talk and use your mic.

The fact that so many people in this community refuse to do so is why there is so much fail in pug raids.
  20. VillainSmasher New Player

Team no mic over here. The cons out way the pros by a mile.