: ?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by #tag, Aug 24, 2016.

1. #tag New Player

Thread: European Servers - Where exactly are they located?

Some people says in Amsterdam...

and some of them that in Berlin.

Where is the truth?

European Community since years terribly complain of frequent disconnects in the game.
    What I can confirm from my own experience.

These problems for most of us are well known:

Lag Spikes/Sluggish Mouse & Keyboard ''Input Lag''.

(Also known as: Delayed Counters or non-working ''Shift''-Block/Breakout).

Edit: If there even exist a ''small group'' of the people talking about the same problem,
    it can not be a coincidence.

Well, unless if you have an Internet Speed 250 mb/s. That's another story.

DCUniverse Online 2k16
    ᐯᔕ.
    (Times of the Sony Online Entertainment & ProSiebenSat.1)

Some people say that they have the same Internet speed over the years.
    A couple years ago, people had no such problems. What's important that few years later the problems start occur which never happened before.
    What is very interesting.

Minority of the people with really good Internet Connections are also affected by the problems of Today's DCUO.

Some of them even think that it's their Internet fault.

Even I allowed myself to call to the my Internet provider, and ask for an inspection.
    It turned out that everything works like in a Quantum-Computer... just PERFECTLY.
    And so it is when i play other games, such problems does not exist as in the DCUO.

So I decided to check it by myself where exactly the Servers are located.

The Results:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Used:

Link: ip-tracker

LAST QUESTION

Do we Europeans play on the Servers located in the United States?

Apologies for not displayed name of thread.
    No idea what happened, and unfortunately there is no way to edit it.
    • Like x 3
  2. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

That's weird because I thought the US servers were in Las Vegas.

The plot thickens.

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  3. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

I think they've always been located there.
    • Like x 1
  4. #tag New Player

EU Servers for like 99.9 % were at Amsterdam.
  5. iClip Committed Player

Your most likely pinging the main location that it resolves to which is either Austin or San Diego. I'd be willing to bet they're renting some kind of server hardware in Europe somewhere.
  6. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

I am in Austin. Think of us like Britain but way ahead of the curve on the whole Brexit thing.
    • Like x 1
  7. Wicked Banana Well-Known Player

When the EU server was ran by Prosieben, the IP checks always gave me Amsterdam.
    Now, all the IP's i see in my game logs point to United States.
    Maybe they relocated the servers when they switched from SOE?
    • Like x 1
  8. Pathosgrim Dedicated Player

I've heard that Texas wanted to Secede from the United States.
    Well, some of the Brits and Texans are patriotic people.
    You guys do have that in common lol
  9. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

That wasn't what I was talking about. We had a Brexit about 240 years ago.
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

EU game servers are in Amsterdam.
  11. Pathosgrim Dedicated Player

1776, yes I know lmaooo
  12. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

Maybe you're pinging the login server that may have to verify some stuff before switching you over to the game server afterward.
  13. #tag New Player

Exactly the same here.
    Is that random? I don't think so.
  14. Gale Reaper Dedicated Player

IP is probably registered in US, it doesn't mean EU server actually has to be there.
  15. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

Laughed so hard lol
    • Like x 1
  16. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

congratulations, you were pinging towards the login servers!

Earlier this year I stumbled upon a IP and it gave me Amsterdam.

You can also see that whenever some "§&%$%§$" DDOS them in the US, you can continue playing in EU until you log out (e.g. character select) or disconnect.
    • Like x 1
  17. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

Which is one, probably the only huge advantage of the EU servers. So if people play on the EU servers - remember this and avoid logging out every time when the US servers complain about lag, disconnectivity etc. and on top, the forums are also slow :D
    • Like x 1
  18. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Do you visit them often?

I would!
    • Like x 1
  19. Roguester Well-Known Player

Fair enough,how can i lag with this connection then,http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5581482238
    Ive been running some tests many times,will eventually post them,me and a friend from CANADA,yes CANADA.
    Hes been playing on EU servers mainly and can play on US with no lag.
    And we have been testing alot,doing the same things at once,opening ourselves at the same time to counters and countering ourselves at the same time,in each scenario he would get immunity,and i wouldnt,and on my screen i see us do these things at the same time.
    Now the funny part is when i did my counter faster then him,obviously i should get immunity for sure right? WE BOTH GOT IMMUNITY.
    Somehow a connection from CANADA can play with no lag on both EU and US,its beyond me.
    DCUO is the only game that that i ever had these kind of issues with,considering its EU servers are in EU, every other online game ive played that had servers in EU,i had no problems at all.
    I will try to make a video with some slow motion,showing off what i see on my screen and what he sees on his,how we both get immunity consistently when only i should.
    • Like x 1
  20. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

Every router/switch/relay etc. on your path to the server can technically cause the trouble. Except for maybe the last two parts of the route, you and your friend from Canada will have vastly different elements on your routes to the actual game server.

You may want to check for your provider in this list, also, since a simple speed test does not really tell much about the reliability when it comes to online gaming.

https://wiki.vuze.com/w/Bad_ISPs

Dependding on how "heavy" you play other online games to compare with DCUO, the actual troublemaker may not show up on such test runs.

And of course, anti-virus software and firewalls may work better or worse with different partners/endpoints/softwares.

Not defending Daybreak, just pointing out that when it comes to trouble with "the internet", there are a load of potential third party troublemakers involved between you on the one end and the provider of a service you want to use on the other hand (Daybreak, in this case). I remember seeing a group of European WoW players starting a petition to excludes internet gates by a certain provider from routes because those gates were not reliable at peak times; can't remember the provider involved though. Think it were oversea gateways in Norway or the Netherlands, but could be wrong - however, point is: unless you are from the same country as such a provider, you're most likely not even a customer of them or couldn't complain to them in any form, still they can ruin your internet fun by just dropping every 10th or 15th paket of you (randomly, not to specifically anger you). So I suggest you try a tracert in a command shell and see which part of the route is slowest.
    • Like x 1