Changing the powersets colours !!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Nightling, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Nightling Active Player

hi,
    I am a long time player of DCUO and this discution has been opened several times .

I know Jackster is a huge fan of customisation and i would like to reopen the case due to his fresh arrival in our game...

My idea would be themed powersets : like batman gadget powerset (gadget with yellow colour maybe with bat animation) or Dr Fate magic powerset (Gold and Blue) to put on our customisation UI

I know what you may say with light/Rage powerset but with the incoming Corps emblems, I think it would be nice to choose more than one colour for a power set.

To me i would rename these powersets to be coherent like Light controlling for the current light powerset.

So what is your opinion about that ?

Punch me in a face if my idea is the worst for this game...

Sorry for my english by the way....

If Jackster want to explose his view about it i would be honored...
    • Like x 5
  2. Harlequin Devoted Player

Thumbs up for color customization. If I were to return to the game, I could finally have the green/black Atomic toon I've wanted since the first time I saw them in the OMAC missions way back when I started playing.
    • Like x 3
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Not something I'd hold my breath on, personally.

Being able to change power set colors is something the devs have never budged on, even with all the requests that have come along over the years. Plus it may be something that's out of Jackster's hands if DC doesn't want to budge on it either. Light and Rage in particular could be problematic on that front.

And before someone says, "Well just leave those two powers out of the mix," think about all the drama, angst and teeth-gnashing that would take place if two popular power sets that require real world money to play were the only ones that couldn't have their colors changed. :confused:
    • Like x 1
  4. Try Hard Well-Known Player

If we are on this subject again I still stand by having a actual themed skin for powersets.Taking the batman themed one on gadgets for example throwing batarangs instead of sticky bombs (it acts exactly as a sticky bomb but is just a batarang) and emp/cryo field would have a swarm of bats,etc.

Either way don't see it happening,but hey who knows.
  5. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

One would think the smart thing to do was launch the OG green variant in the MP for 500MC.
  6. DRAGONxNOGARD Active Player

will be good you can change color of your lantern ring anytime
  7. Swiftduck Loyal Player

I love the idea of color customization for your powers. Just to add in a suggestion for Hard light and Rage.

Since those powers are based off of a particular corps, changing those colors should be off the table.....BUT, we could have construct packs that would change the animation of some of your attacks like entrap(swing) could change to a cool light sword instead of a Mace/baseball bat.

just an idea to solve the lantern corps issue with coloring.
    • Like x 1
  8. Nightling Active Player

Yeah it could be a possibility if the dev refuse to change the color
  9. Kuno Loyal Player

Want it.
    Specially a power tintable pack for Light powerset so we can choose to turn it into Orange, Blue, Indigo and Purple.
    • Like x 1
  10. The peoples Badguy Committed Player

The Bad guy says there is no need for this.
  11. Pults Loyal Player

The bad guy will be visited by Titanic Trenton for a beatdown.
    • Like x 3
  12. willflynne 10000 Post Club

In my opinion it needs to be all or nothing when it comes to power set recoloring. Treat them all the same. If one can't be recolored, none of them can.

I've seen in other games when a popular or signature aspect of the game gets treated differently because of canon. Jedi players in SWG got a lot of extra attention that didn't sit well with the other professions, but the Jedi players themselves didn't take well to restrictions placed on them because of canon (armor use comes to mind right away). All it did was cause a lot of unnecessary drama/angst.

We get plenty of the drama and angst as is, I'd really rather not see even more come along, especially if it can be avoided.
  13. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

I really dream about this possibility! There are some powers that I really would love to be able to change the color:
    Imagine black flames?
    Or the means reddish earth reminding magma?
    This would be something very, very cool!
  14. light FX Steadfast Player

Never. Gonna. Happen.

Because of the lore with the lanterns. And DC would have to approve changing lantern colors. Also im not how the new ceo has anything to do with this. He has to go to DC along with the rest of the team to get stuff approved.
  15. Morally Upright Well-Known Player

Other than DC IP issues, they'd just have to disable custom colors when you enter Arenas or toggle your open world PVP flag. That shouldn't be difficult to implement though.
  16. Nightling Active Player

I understand that but remember the time when Dc did want us to have official super-héros emblems...Now you can have batman /superman/wonderwoman and in a vers soon future, you Will be able to have corps emblems...
  17. Nightling Active Player

Maybe the Ceo could answer by sharing his vision...
  18. Nightling Active Player