We got hair styles, kinda more clothing options....what about more custom logos....?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheArmorsmith, Aug 16, 2016.

1. TheArmorsmith Dedicated Player

I'm not talking about things like WW logos or Batman ones....I mean like different font styles for numbers and letters...maybe an option to form words. New logos that fit with the style's of clothing and/or skins. Like a demon logo that goes with the demon skin, or a leopard logo to go with the skin style....
    • Like x 4
  2. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

And logos on head styles would be also nice :)
    • Like x 2
  3. AverageJoe Dedicated Player

I would like to have logo placement on other parts of your body it doesn't have to be more than one maybe on like the legs, bum, shoulders, cape, things like that.
    • Like x 2
  4. Pults Loyal Player

Beards! The haircuts are nice and all but I don't use hair without facial hair on my male toons.
  5. TheArmorsmith Dedicated Player

I agree...but what does that have to do with logos lol....?
  6. Backseid Devoted Player

[IMG]

I need Cheetara's hair!!!
    • Like x 1
  7. AverageJoe Dedicated Player

Hair wise I want Starfires...
    • Like x 3
  8. Hraesvelg Always Right

Forming words would be a bad, bad idea.
    • Like x 1
  9. AverageJoe Dedicated Player

Not really just do it like the do with names. That would block a lot of things, not all as people find creative ways no matter what. Maybe limit it to a certain number of characters.
  10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Just by looking at names that people manage to place on their characters, I gotta agree with Hraesvelg, it'd be a bad, bad idea. It'd just cause too much hassle because too many players would abuse it.
    • Like x 2
  11. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Custom logo design in general is a bad idea simply because players can't be trusted to act appropriately (sad reality). Due to this games that have allowed for custom logos have also had to devote a lot of grief management resources (usually customer support) to stop it from happening when it does but never really preventing abuse.

That said player creation of these logos could easily be something that could be submitted. A lot of the emblems that are offered are not strictly DC Comics related and by implementing emblems like this players would be able to get the emblem they want instead of hoping for it while also not being very abusive.

However none of this matters if logos in general won't be more accessible. Right now only a few style even support emblems When they it is almost always on the chest style either on the breast area or upper back. I only know of 2 head styles that support it. I know of no hands, feet, waist or back style that supports emblems. And their are only I think 2 weapon styles that support it and they are both Shields.

Better emblem support needs to happen first else they aren't going to be used. As it stands now I wouldn't buy an emblem pack since the characters that I'd use non-in-game emblems on can't be placed on their styles. The characters that I can place emblems on typically have an emblem or designed around having the emblem in place and not necessarily what I would like to have. So I'd recommend not releasing an emblem pack until they are supported better.
  12. TheArmorsmith Dedicated Player

I mean they already have in place ways to stop most of that just use that systems. But then again that may take too much work to pull off lol.
  13. TheArmorsmith Dedicated Player

I don't mean custom as in we make them...I mean custom as DCUO will have new design....becasue the ones we get are all ready custom ones as well. Becasue of the reasons you gave with people making things not appropriate for people.

Also try I want them to make them more placeable...but I think they gave a reason way a few years ago...