Superiority complex in pugs? SERIOUSLY? [Ranty post]

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Wallachia, Aug 6, 2016.

1. megamanexe Committed Player

paraphrasing or not he called them useless based off their cr and that's not the kind of player i like to play with.
  2. Wallachia Devoted Player

I don't thin you are a dbag for thinking that. In fact, I would have voted in favour of kicking the 174 if he tried so. There's also nothing wrong on not wanting to play a raid with min CRs, if the person wants to leave, then he's free to do it. I have seen people bailing on raids many times silently, the guy just didn't have to do that holier than thou act that he did.

Whaaat. When you put someone on ignore your queue doesn't include them? I didn't know that.

I have an extremely high tolerance for people, specially when they don't target me personally for what they do, save minor exceptions in behaviour, so I usually avoid using the ignore function anywhere. After case 3 I added him to ignore. Thank you for the clarification.

Thank you, will do! I have a dream: eventually complete UMr.

I do, and you know why? Because right when the guy answered to me (he said "at least I do pick ups") I realized that what I said was rude and shouldn't have done that. It's a mistake I won't make again. If you really can't see the difference, read further down when I said how I try to help people.

I don't remember the exact numbers, but I was second place in damage. First it was the 160+ DPS, somewhere around 40 or 50m, then me, with about 4m, then the troller with around 750,000 and the healer with around 600,000.

When the guy asked my power and SP, I was waiting and was going to ask if they wanted me to leave, but the DPS didn't say anything, he simply went in, rushed towards the mobs, and the healer and trollers went along with him. I felt terrible and in the end said "I'm sorry I was useless", but I wasn't killed at least once, during the Jor El AI fight, when they carried the sunstone crystals I hid from his view not to be targeted, and in the end of the fight, while the other DPS was on Zod and Ursa I was on the troopers trying to be helpful somehow.

I didn't have much options, really. I mean, I don't have many queue options at that CR, since the lower instances give rewards of gears that I already have, so it's either spend weeks grindind MoVs in other groups or push my luck in PZ toget better gear and progress better. I knew how things worked, after all.
  3. Wallachia Devoted Player

You and the other guy are right, I'm a total richard. I like helping people just so I can secretly hoard tales to come and tell them here in the forums so people can think I'm awesome and everyone can go to sleep dreaming with the day they will pat me on the back and say "nice guy!". That's my deepest, darkest fetish. I should have known that my post wouldn't survive your powerful nitpicking.

SHAME ON ME!
    • Like x 1
  4. megamanexe Committed Player

just because you realized you were a jerk doesn't excuse you to talk bad for other people being a jerk. if you really want to help people then you should do it with a more positive attitude, by building people up and teaching them the right way not pointing out everything they do wrong and being negative and complaining about players in the community.

the fact that you got all defensive and sarcastic only leads me to believe you didn't learn anything at all.
  5. Unzero Well-Known Player

The guy talks about kicking so much I bet he plays soccer. Eh?
  6. megamanexe Committed Player

doubtful. on futbol we have more of a team mentality than that.
  7. Wallachia Devoted Player

Okay.

Now read this part:

I'm sorry I said the guys were going to be useless, as what I was trying to tell them is at CR 113 and CR 116 they wouldn't be able to help with doing much damage, as their role was, you know, DAMAGE. I expressed myself badly, simply that. I don't know why you are so adamant about condemning me for that, but to each their own.
  8. The peoples Badguy Committed Player

The Bad One has to side with troller guy. He was brave enough to say what the whole group was thinking. The Bad guy says sometimes you have speak up and let people know how terrible they are. If they go though life think that it is ok then you are doing them no favors. Many of players have thanked The Great One for telling them on mic in front of everybody on how they were trash and how useless they were. It made rethink how they played and were very thankful for the harsh but honest advise.
    • Like x 2
  9. Please Be Friendly Level 30

Waitwaitwaitwaitwaittttt.....is The Great One a new personality? First time i see him on any post of yours...

Im trying to keep up here...
  10. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

The Rock in WWE called himself The Great One and The People's Champion. HTH.
    • Like x 2
  11. Backseid Devoted Player

Generally, those are groups that have been playing together for a long time, and know the game inside n out. They can figure out mechanics very quick, and have good synergy. They also play on test well before hand.

That's not always the case, but typically.

They then come on here and ***** that content is too easy. Then, other people jump on board to say the same thing (even if they haven't played said content yet).

In reality, most of the games Raid content us quite difficult for the average player.
    • Like x 2
  12. Wallachia Devoted Player

Yesterday I got a half-bad, half-good behaviour from players once again.

Demon's plan. I was CR 147, along with two 160 DPS'es, emphasys to one of them that switched to controller in boss fights, and one 140 tank. We were doing good until we fought Ra's Al Ghul and got wiped. Then I'm noticing they are taking a huge long time wandering around. I thought to myself 'since they are busy I'm going to regroup and repair', and so I did. DPS/Troll told me "Wallachia, sorry, we are taking this time, we are doing debrief", to which I replied "No need to apologize. Take all the time you guys need, I can wait".

Tank switched to 165 DPS, I waited patiently. DPS/Troller said "Thank you for waiting", and I answered "You are welcome", then they seemed to get a bit more loose and started chatting on the mic. So far so good, we went to fight Ra's Al Ghul again. The tank-who-switched was using an Earth attack that's like a sandstorm, then using ONLY weapons. When Ra's had like 2% HP left, he did some crazy AoE that killed the three 160's. I survived because I was in Rage Mode, so I was full HP.

Then I hear the guy on the mic, the exact same DPS who used that sandstorm (wth is the name of that power?) and then only weapons on the mic screaming frantically "We are screwed! That 147 rage guy is pure crap! We're gonna fail because of him!". I admit I felt bothered, but much to my surprise the other 160+ DPS replied to him "Hey, leave the 147 alone, man. He's the first 147 I've seen who's not a scrub", and the dps/troller completed by saying "Yeah, he actually knows what he's doing".

All I needed to do was to juggle rage mode (activating Rage Mode without waiting for Galling Eruption and Bloodlust to finish cooldown, in order to increase my survivability), then popped a cola during cooldown, as my HP was brought to half. It wasn't a problem at all, and the yelling guy stopped talking, came to me in chat and said "Good work". I noticed he stopped using the mic until they left.

No big deal, but why would he scream insults to me like that? I wonder if the other guy in page 1 was right and I was a parasite of the sorts.

Anyways, I followed the advice of some of you and made my own group. Managed to complete UM twice, even.
  13. Please Be Friendly Level 30

Thanks for that. I was freaking out.
  14. Kroye Loyal Player

Not the the right thread for it, but for balance sake I want to call out two heroes I pugged into over the weekend.

Magnificent and Xena Kara - both super nice and helpful to the low level players in the raids. Didn't blow through skipping adds, were patient, both total class acts.