Suicide Squad, Did you like?

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by TheDarknessWithin, Aug 4, 2016.

1. DCUO Post Loyal Player

http://deadline.com/2016/08/suicide...-opening-will-smith-margot-robbie-1201799046/

Well the general audience love it, but with comic book fans its either you love it or hate it.
  2. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

If my memory is correct the movie's part are Intros, "gear up", and then the finale. And nothing really happens in the gear up portions which includes individual tests of some of their abilities that was mostly covered in their intros. I wonder if they could have combined these portions and left more time in the middle of the movie for showing their different personalities and how they may or may not work as a team.

Edit: I forgot that I haven't commented on Jared Leto's Joker yet.

[IMG]
    This Joker was just okay to me, I buy him as a sociopath criminal underworld boss. I just don't buy that this character would be crazy enough to have put on the clown makeup in the first place.
  3. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Here is a little video looking into an depth look into Suicide Squad and the result.
    • Like x 1
  4. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

LOL at least the original scene in the comic was better, XD
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  5. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Very true and not for nothing, I always wondered had Heath Ledger not passed away and continued, would we have ever gotten his Joker with Harley?
    [IMG]

Because my personal choice would have been for another actor who unfortunately also passed away, Brittany Murphy who really could have pulled off a good Harley
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  6. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

It was ok. The Joker was the worse out of the 3 recent Jokers
  7. megamanexe Committed Player

felt that they tried to be a bad version of guardians of the galaxy.
  8. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

I'm really not sure what movie you guys watched.

After the movie everyone clapped, there were lines by the large cardboard cut outs of the cast and people were taking pictures. Joker had one by himself and a larger one featuring nearly the entire cast was also there.

First off Jared Leto was great even though the bar was set pretty high by Heath Ledger. He added his own flair and mental unstability to make me not want to hang out with him at a bar. In the movie an associate of his played by the rapper Common makes a remark (a thug would make) about Harley being pretty. While I won't say what happens next, I will say every scene he was in was well done.

Next lets talk about Harley. She has just the right mix of crazy, beauty and she can hold her own in a battle. She is the wild card and you are never sure whose side she is on as she has her own motives that none of the others know about besides Deadshot. More on him later.

Captain Boomerang played the brute but he was smart enough to be somewhat manipulative. Jai Courtney did a bang up job and exceeded my expectations.

Slipknot did good as well for the few scenes he is in. He definitely helps drive a certain plot point along in regards to the situation that the Suicide Squad finds themselves in.

That brings us to Katana. Her background is touched upon briefly and makes you feel for her as a character who is both emotionally torn and quite simply put a badass. There is a reason she talks to her sword but if you missed the explanation you would think she was crazy. She is also the only hero in the movie besides Batman.

Killer Croc is initially introduced as a scary individual (which he is) but later on you get to see the softer side of Killer Croc. Heck you would almost want to hang out with him if it wasn't for the whole eating people thing.

Robocop I mean Rick Flag and his girlfriend the enchantress made me think of Kanye West and Kim Kardasian for some reason. They have chemistry together but that gets overshadowed by the Joker and Harley. Rick Flag played the part of the unwilling secondary leader to the Suicide Squad.

The leader of Task Force X Amanda Waller played by Viola Davis does a phenomenal job. She is charismatic, cunning and creepy. She has no qualms with killing anyone if it furthers her goals and she can handle a gun like a seasoned vet. She seems to have a contingency plan for almost anything and she treats others as puppets. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if she knew Batman's secret identity.

The most complex character was perhaps EL Diablo. He has a secret code of honor and ethics. He turns out to be so much more than what he appears to be on the surface. He becomes attached to his team mates and proves to be a powerful and detrimental to the sucess of the mission.

Finally Deadshot was what everyone expected him to be, awesome. Will Smith always brings something interesting to every character he plays and he's still got the chops to pull off a character such as this. In the movie we find out his motives go further than just money and a disdain for Batman.
    • Like x 1
  9. MidKnight Masquerade Dedicated Player

I doubt Ledger would have gotten the role again. It would have confused the viewers thinking that the current and upcoming DC movies are connected to the Christopher Nolan trilogy.
    Tho I guess he might have had a small side story in the 3rd movie.

And ohhhhhh my gaawd! I would have never of thought about Murphy playing Harley Quinn, but now that I have it feels like she would have been the only choice for the role. Would have been amazing.
    Good call.

lol now I want to go watch Girl, Interrupted.
    • Like x 1
  10. ChillCat Loyal Player

I had a chance to see it and I'm definitely mixed.

First, it was more entertaining than BvS, but that's probably not a monumental feat cosidering how BvS turned out.

Leto as Joker was an intersting take. If anyone was wondering, you could tell in the first few scenes with him that Leto struggled with his lines because the grill got in the way. It was like listening to a kid on Halloween who refuses to take out those cheap, plastic vampire teeth. Looks weird, functionally dumb.

Harley was fine. Some of her jokes worked, others fell flat for me.

Deadshot was the main character to carry the movie.

Katana was under used. Croc and Boomerang were funny/cool but hardly had any lines. I liked Enchantress but she was not utilized properly.

The story was a disjointed mess, the editing was the worst I've ever seen in a major studio film, and the soundtrack was very uneven.

Lots of controversy about the Rotten Tomatoes score being so low but I believe it's justified. Most mainstream critics are not comics fans so they won't have an understanding or appreciation for these characters; they're just lookng at it as a film on its own merits. If you're a regular movie goer without any knowledge of these characters, this film is a failure...it just doesn't hold up on its own. Worth a 3/10 for a non comic fan. Comic fans like myself have a better time because we get to see these characters for the first time and we understand their motivations so we can fill in on our own what the movie failed to deliver. For comics fans that know and love these characters 6.3/10.

It's a fim made for the fans and only the fans. For a struggling DCEU, that's not a good thing.
    • Like x 1