Yay or nay? Safehouse guards should be boosted to CR 564 billion.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by it_was_Friday, Jul 7, 2016.

1. it_was_Friday Dedicated Player

...or some rather high number like 216. That sounds good.

Pros:
    Would be a simple change.
    Stops the madness, restores sanity.

Cons:
    Definitely invincible rather than nearly invincible.
    Ruins the so called fun some delta bravos.

I am in favor.
    • Like x 3
  2. Hecate New Player

The problem with safehouses is teamwork, not NPC CR.
  3. SnowStar Committed Player

Yeah when high crs can decimate the guards in turn ganking low levels standing at the door right next to the guards that just doesn't sit right. No badguy I'm not whining it's just that it is the 'safehouse'.
    • Like x 4
  4. Frank Zarjaz Committed Player

To take this a step further, they should delete the PvE phase and remove the phase shifter, then introduce safe zones for leveling content guarded by these new superguards.

Thanks in advance devs.
    • Like x 1
  5. it_was_Friday Dedicated Player

The Safehouses. The Police Departments for Heroes, and the Nightclubs for Villains.

You were thinking of the PVP Safehouse matches it seems.
    • Like x 2
  6. it_was_Friday Dedicated Player

Precisely. And to further stress this "not whining" point...
    It's never been a problem for an enemy faction to hang just nearby and wreak havok, and it isn't now, and wouldn't be after any proposed change.

But when you teleport out of a Safehouse and are KO'd before your screen even show your teleport finished to outside location, there is a problem. Try to rally, and you find the guards are downed repeatedly because of 6 enemy faction members on your radar. Maybe when you get lucky enough to have 1.2 seconds after spawning, you can try to shield yourself and flee. Maybe make it to teleport back in, and then... wait for other players to finish? ...teleport to where you don't want to be?

SAFE-house.
    • Like x 1
  7. it_was_Friday Dedicated Player

I sense sarcasm.

The sanctity of a Safehouse is not required in PVE, and is in PVP. It might be said that PVP phase open world is why Safehouse guards exist, due to necessity.

I prefer PVP phase because of the chance of getting jumped, because of that fun interaction of battle, but only on the lawn, not on the porch.
    • Like x 2
  8. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

Nay.
    • Like x 1
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Yea because whenever I'm in PvP phase, all I ever see is villains getting spawn camped outside the Little Bohemia Nightclub.
  10. Beefiest Cakes Committed Player

Nay.

I love the chaos.
    • Like x 1
  11. BumblingB I got better.

Um... I remember back in T3 days, it was possible to kill the bodyguards. They just respawn. Do they no longer respawn?

Oh and "Nay."
  12. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

I just wish they stop bouncing us over the place.
  13. GJGBlackDragon Dedicated Player

I'll leave it as it is but change the teleport behavior that once you step on it you get instantly teleported to the inside of the safehouse.

To avoid a glitch, change the location you get placed when you get out in order to avoid getting stuck inside the safehouse.

My 2 cents.
    • Like x 1
  14. bmce84 Loyal Player

Ins't there a "No Flight Zone" on those areas?
  15. bmce84 Loyal Player

Also NAY, in fact once a guard is killed in either safehouse the players should be able to enter just destroy said safehouse and after 1 minute be kicked back outside and not be allowed back in for a day.
  16. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

They do respawn, but with our current CR they are easily killed in one hit, one of the things i used to do when bored was to do a halo jump right behind the guards and land with my AM was on full speed, once killed i could just stand next to the door and everything spawning there would die as soon as it spawned, villain or bodyguard. :D
  17. BigAl Devoted Player

Oh, I'm game for that. :D
  18. Beefiest Cakes Committed Player

If enough people drop in at once and attack you can overtake them.

Once you do that you drop your workstation on top of the entrance, no one can get it.

Pretty damn fun.
    • Like x 1
  19. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

Split decision. In PvP phase, allow players to kill them bouncers and have them bouncers "grow" with the current set of PvP armors in CR.

In PvE phase however, the "safe" house should be stressed against any form of griefers. Bump them to invincible there and allow them knock-out players who attack them instad of just trying to bouncing them. Also, give their weapons and powers higher range than players. (But just in PvE phase!)
    • Like x 3
  20. Lantern Azure Black Committed Player

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!
    • Like x 1