Lightning Strikes Bounties

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Kzinti, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Kzinti Committed Player

The Open World Bounties seem to have about a 2 min re-pawn time now.
    The 2 in Central City are still bad. They seem to be 10 min or more.
    The 2 in CC have always been the main issue with me.
    Right now the 2 in CC are just as bad in or worse now
    • Like x 1
  2. bagofboom Committed Player

I'd say 10 minutes is a massive improvement. I've hung out in CC for an hour before, literally, and haven't had a single spawn.
    I agree. If they can get it under 10 that'd be nice. But honestly, 10 minutes isn't bad.
  3. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I've just fully tested this out on the villains side.

The good news is that the open world bounties do indeed respawn within about 1-2 minutes. I checked each of them multiple times and the results were the same. The biggest issues were inaccurate spawn locations on player created guides, but that aside, they are working much, much faster now.

The bad news is that as Kzinti pointed out, the Flash/Black Lightning bounties in Central City themselves are still appalling. I have a video of me playing for about 30 minutes which I started when I found the first bounty. I only saw one respawn within those 30 minutes.

Feedback & Suggestions:

1) Whilst 2 minutes is definitely a huge improvement, it would be even more ideal if they respawned immediately or within like 1 second of the existing bounty being defeated. This is how the Mist-infused bounties work and it makes them much less soul destroying to do than the Central City bounties. I feel that given the time frame and how quick you can beat them and how big the areas are, you might end up chasing nothing, due to other players wiping them out before you can check other locations.

2) Central City based bounties aren't working like Gotham and Metropolis versions. They need to have their respawn timers reduced. Preferably to 0 or 1 second to ensure there's always a bounty on the map.

3) There are a LOT of red blimps on the map indicating enemies. At least that's what they're supposed to indicate, but most of the time it's just a titanic trenton or Civilian. This can make it hard to find the bounties. Especially in Central City. Could you change the Bounty's blimp on the map to the same one which Cerberus uses in the Halls of Hades map? This would make the bounties significantly easier to find.
    • Like x 6
  4. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

It would be nice if their dot did actually stand out. I mean your mini map shows enemies, it should also categorize them by level such as trash, bounty, dlc ads, etc. still we have to find them, but just a lil easier to see on the map.
    • Like x 1
  5. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

I usually have trouble finding the same ones. Boom, WW, CC, and the 2 Central City ones seem to be hard to find. Sometimes Heatwave.
    • Like x 1
  6. Kzinti Committed Player

WW, Boom and CC are in high traffic hero sections and so probably get attacked and get despawned often.
    Heatwave also, but HW also can spawn in across the river in Avatar area and can sometimes wonder way off his spawn location
  7. JimsArcade Well-Known Player

Faction: Villain
    Test: Record the time between a bounty being KO'd and when the respawned bounty is discovered
    Number of tests: 3 per bounty

Bounty: Test #1, Test #2, Test #3. Average
    Raven: 3:20, 1:41, 1:56. Average: 2:19
    Static: 2:03, 2:52, 2:21. Average: 2:25
    Nightwing: 3:28, 2:13, 1:59. Average: 2:33
    Starfire: 3:41, 4:23, 3:40. Average: 3:55
    Cyborg: 3:06, 2:11, 3:11. Average: 2:49
    Donna Troy: 2:19, 2:23, 1:52. Average: 2:11
    Kid Flash: 1:59, 1:50, 1:45. Average: 1:51
    Flash/Black Lightning: 6:29, 4:36, 17:14. Average: 9:26

In general, it appears all of the villain bounties are respawning in the 1:30-1:40 range, with the exception of the Central City bounties. Those bounties appear to be respawning at a widely random rate.

As expected: the larger the area of spawn points, the longer it took to find the respawned bounties. I expected Starfire, Cyborg and Nightwing to have the highest results, which they did. Again, the exception was Central City which has the smallest area of spawn points to cover, so theoretically they should've had the shortest times of all the tests.

Conclusion: The Central City bounties' respawn times are still completely random and broken: they require a significant adjustment. The Metropolis and Gotham Lightning Strikes bounties' respawn times have been improved noticeably and seem in-line with the original level-30 bounties.
    • Like x 1
  8. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

This is just a courtesy bump to ensure the feedback has been read.

I haven't seen any information in the patch notes about fixing the Central City Flash/Black Lightning/Abra Kadabra/Professor Zoom bounties, so just making sure that it was caught by the devs.

Would still recommend decreasing the spawn timers further to less than 10 seconds, too, to ensure that there isn't a backlog of players trying to find the same bounty as they are literally 1HK's now, thanks to CR differential, meaning you can visit each location and someone can one shot them before they have chance to visit all the spawn points.
    • Like x 1
  9. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Faction: Hero
    Test: Record the time between a bounty being KO'd and when the respawned bounty is discovered
    Number of tests: 2 per bounty

Bounty: Test #1
    Capt. Boomerang: Found and defeated at 3:14 AM EST Found and defeat at 3:15 AM EST (spawned in same location)

Pied Piper: Found and defeated at 3:18 AM EST Found and defeated at 3:22 AM EST (spawned in separate locations and had to locate to attack)

Trickster: Found and defeated at 3:24 AM EST Found and defeated at 3:26 AM EST (spawned in separate locations and had to locate to attack)

Heat Wave: Found and defeated at 3:27 AM EST (game shut down for maintenance and could not locate for second attack) LATER THAT MORNING WHEN SERVERS WERE BACK.. found and defeated at 11:07 AM EST found and defeated at 11:09 AM EST (spawned in separate locations and had to locate to attack)

Weather Wizard: Found and defeated at 11:13 AM EST found and defeated at 11:22AM ESY (spawned in separate locations and had to locate to attack. SPECIAL NOTE: Location of second defeat was not one that the Wizard normally spawns in)

The Top: Found and defeated at 11:25 AM EST found and defeated at 11:27 AM EST (spawned in separate locations and had to locate to attack)

Capt. Cold: found and defeated at 11:33 AM EST Found and defeated at 11:40 AM EST (spawned in separate locations and had to locate to attack)

Zoom: found and defeated at 11:45 AM EST found and defeated at 11:56 Am EST (spawned after Abra Kadabra spawned and was defeated)

Abra Kadabra: Located and defeated at 11:48 AM EST

Even with travel time from one spawn point to another and searching spawn zone, locating and defeating each Bounty in Metropolis and Gotham the spawn rates were significantly better than what I was used to while collecting 500 Bounties on 1 ALT, 250 Bounties on a second and current around 70 bounties on a third. Just using the figures in GOTHAM I was able to find and defeat a total of 7 bounties in 13 minutes and that included time to find the bounty, defeat it and travel to where the next could spawn. On numerous occasions on LIVE I have spend longer than that simply trying to locate a single bounty.

In Metropolis the rates were good as well. The lone bad spot being the 9 minutes between the first and second defeat of the Weather Wizard and as stated above I attribute that to him spawning in an area he normally does not spawn at. Captain Cold did take a little bit longer than I'd like ( 7 minutes) but overall I was able to locate and defeat 6 bounties in Metropolis in 23 minutes

Conclusion: Spawn rate seem much better in Gotham and Metropolis I was able to defeat each bounty at least 2 times (three with Heat Wave between the two log ins) Over all I spent a total of 40 minutes traveling, hunting, and defeating and I have spent MUCH longer than that just finishing up the bounties in one of those cities and I ONLY had to defeat each of them ONCE on live. I would like to see even faster respawn times similar to what we see with the wanted Poster Bounties. I have defeated Clayface near his spawning point and turned around to see him already up and available again. THAT sort of spawn rate would gaurentee players a much quicker time in finding and defeating each bounty.

Central City was another story however. i was very happy with the quick turn around between my first defeat of Zoom and finding Abra (3 minutes was outstanding) and even the 8 minute span between the defeat of Abra and the second defeat of Zoom was much better than I am used to dealing with. However at that point things went down hill. At 12:30 PM I still had no found either Zoom or Abra again and at one point I even tried the "trick" of going up onto the bridge and closing a portal. My LAST attempt to get another spawn was a trick I developed myself.. hit switch characters, wait a minute and log the exact same character back in.. AT times this will place you in another Phase and you can locate the bounty there.. NOTHING and I logged off to eat lunch and file this report.

Conclusion: Central City still needs work. I strongly suggest setting up a rotation so if ZOOM is defeated the next spawn is automatically Abra allowing players to get both WITHOUT the delays involved when one of them spawns two or even three times in a row.
    • Like x 1