Devs, Serious Issue/Suggestion Regarding Exobit Node Obsoletion & Feats

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ACEMcFly101, Jun 5, 2016.

1. ACEMcFly101 Well-Known Player

My SP is higher than yours guaranteed. And My CR is way lower guaranteed. Oh **** :eek:
  2. Derio 15000 Post Club

Yea lets not nerf this feat. If anything I would like them to increase exobit yield from each node.
  3. ACEMcFly101 Well-Known Player

30 exos in 30 minutes. 1 exo per minute for 25,000 minutes. You will complete that feat after farming for 417 hours if your stated times are accurate.

I know that some feats are meant to be done over time (as someone else stated). Believe me, I have the BoE duo feats, the Origin Crisis solo feats, the Home Turf daily feats, ect, but this feat is on a whole different level. While farming exobits, it is impossible to get anything else productive done... for 417 hours at best.

I knew ahead of time that people who put in the hours would get sour over it, but welcome to the real world people. This kind of thing happens in business every day. How did the people who paid $60 for a DCUO disc react when it went free to download? Sorry, but you guys had no business logging that kind of time for a 50 pt feat. As I said before, the only reason anyone should seriously attempt that feat is if they have all other 200-some-odd SP and it's the only thing left.

Someone asked what changed. -- My reason for wanting it adjusted (and nerfing the requirements wasn't my idea. Mine was to count clusters as nodes.) is because the method of accuring exobits has changed since the feat was designed. Plain and simple. But the feat wasn't changed alongside it. It's an oversight. If remotely relative content had exobit nodes, I wouldn't have suggested such a thing. None of us have any business in Gotham or Metro rn.

Btw, no offense to the people pointing out tips to complete it. I agree with you all - that is how I would do it. And I'm not a noob or slacker. I had 190 SP at CR 116. I've been gathering nodes for over a year and a half. The ways you are suggesting is the least nauseating way to do it, but you all do realize.... even if clusters counted, it would still take hundreds of hours of farming, right???
  4. ACEMcFly101 Well-Known Player

I agree with this too. And again, I didn't say nerf the feat. I said count clusters as gathering bits.

The bottom line is:
    When the feat was implemented, people were spending a lot of time in Gotham and Metro. Now we spend zero. Nodes are no longer created in content like they were back in the day (CC, ect), and clusters didn't exist back then. Things have changed. It should be reflected. Get with the times, devs :p
  5. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i get your logic. what burns me is before we had feat sharing i made it a point to get all my other alts up to at least a thousand just for the extra feats.if i knew feat unlocking was coming i would have just focused on my main, would have been almost done with it by now and I would have just unlocked them on my alts.

i think opening an exo cluster should count as 1 towards the feat...and i actually dont mind bit faming. Put in about an hour over the past few days. its relaxing. mostly it would help make running older instances just a little bit more beneficial one bit custer at a time.
    • Like x 1
  6. Pathosgrim Dedicated Player

You're over 263 SP but have nothing to show for it save for you spending more time spamming LPVE? :oops:
    At least im beating DWF reg and DWF elite before the next dlc drops :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  7. HideTheBodies Loyal Player

If it takes you 30 minutes to get 30 exos, then you're doing it wrong.

Should it also be changed to count exobits purchased from the broker?

And you do have business in Gotham or Metro - gathering exobits.
    • Like x 1
  8. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

No I think YOU don't understand. There are way too many feats associated with this game that are totally ridiculous to achieve. While a FUN day for you may be wandering around in Gotham (which I prefer for exobit hunting since they show up better in the dark) or Metropolis but the vast majority of players in this game actually want to do missions where they get to use powers and attack things.

Let's look at some of the absurd feats out there.

Okay you mentioned a good one. Those T2 Battle for Earth alert.... without shelling out a small fortune on Replay badges a player can do three a day.. To reach 99 that means that players needs to do those missions 33 days straight. I'm not sure about you but ME.. I have taken a brand new ALT fresh off Brainiac ship from level 3 to CR 150 in less time than that because instead of wasting HUGE amounts of time running missions that reward me with an ALTERNATE REWARD BOX I was actually running content that dropped armor I could use and gave me marks not 100 tokens of Merit.

The Rogue bounties in CC are another great example... 9 bounties available a day and on this one for some unknown reason they never set up using replay badges at all so to get to 500 takes 56 straight days of logging on and spending about an hour (or more) locating and defeating them. Now since trying to FIND a team of 5-8 players willing to track down the Rogues that are all within the right CR to get those 9 marks a day (because that is ALL anyone gets from them aside from the feats).. in most cases these feats get accomplished by players ranging from around CR 120 and up (ones that can solo the bounties). Also even if you could build a team.. In the same amount of time (or less) it takes to get all 9 bounties that same team could complete 2 alerts and earn at least 1 more mark plus get armor drops they can use to increase CR.

How about the feats for completing all the daily missions at Ace Chemical and Strykers Island (worth 10 feat points each) I have a CR 150 tank still trying to get one last mission of the ten available from the contact at Strykers and I forget exactly when but I finally got the last of ten at ACE when that same tank was around CR 130. Oh and I am STILL not done .. I need 4 more of the Solo challenges at Strykers for the feat for doing that 10 times and 2 more at ACE for the armor style feat that drops in THAT style solo. And lets add in needing one more piece of armor to drop from the Siege bot in Metropolis before I can complete that Style feat. That's 4 different feats I am still trying to finish that I gained access to at CR 70 and I am 80 CR higher than that now.

Exact same 150 tank is still hitting Gotham under Siege every day because I have yet to be assigned and defeated Catwoman and need 4 more pieces of the armor that drops from defeating those BOUNTIES.

Then we head over to the Metropolis Battle ground and I still need to defeat Doc Lite 7 more times and still have to rescue about 13 more green lanterns from the affects of the various mists.

Last but no least I am so high I don't even get marks anymore for doing the daily mission in New Genesis but still stop there daily because I need to run it 8 more times to get to 24 for THAT feat.

I log on and do a vault mission and then around 90 minutes later I MAY be done earning nothing but alt reward boxes and can concentrate on actually doing some missions that MAY drop some armor I can actually use to improve my alt.

Oh and lets talk style feats.. Now fortunately I had one alt that got most of the lower styles bought before the mark system changes and I simply buy those feat points with replay badges because if ANYONE thinks I am going to waste marks buying gear I don't even need instead of the best stuff available at my CR their are insane. And you know what.. I have taken alts from CR 31 to CR 100 and spent almost NO marks at all on armor just getting higher from drops in duos, alerts and raids.. Spent my marks opening all my lair powers to tier three and keeping them active.

The whole system needs to be reviewed and fixed because aside from those few elitists than think you should leave every mission totally exhausted and with your fingers bleeding the rest of us want to have fun and beat up the bad guys .. not waste 2-3 hours doing CRAP
    • Like x 2
  9. Protecktor MKV Committed Player

I would just point out that you do not need replay badges to complete the BFE duos. You can run them any number of times per day loot locked and they still count toward completing it x amount of times.
    • Like x 1
  10. Irvynnge Loyal Player

they do???? aw, for pete's sake!!

by the way, op - wasn't trying to be sarky, or nothing. just a suggestion was all. I honestly don't mind, either way.
  11. ACEMcFly101 Well-Known Player

And that's a good thing that you feel is brag-worthy? To each his own man. I could be max CR tonight if I wanted. I choose to savor the game. As for what I have to show for it, my track record in pvp (for one) keeps me humble. You do you and I'll do me, thank you. :D
  12. ACEMcFly101 Well-Known Player

I hear you man; That sucks about the alt thing. I feel your pain.

And yeah, I agree about the benefit to running old content. You could smash out quick solos and stuff and maybe get others base items or styles while you're there. Obviously, it would be way more time consuming than open-world farming, but that's the point. It's not supposed to be an easy way out or nerf; Just an adjustment to make the feat relevant as opposed to the obscure objective it's become. I'd be fine if the clustered counted as only one harvest. I said "maybe even count as 3" because I figured they'd go with one. 1 harvest per cluster is like what? - 100 a month? Less? It won't nerf this feat like some people are saying. We need 25,000.
  13. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Okay Nice to know information NOW how long will it take me to run 99 duos in one day and get exactly 3 altenate reward boxes for my efforts along with I forget if its 10 or 25 feat points. Sorry the majority of the player base would prefer to run missions that a actually REAWARD you with something... Because I accidently did what you said once and YES it allowed me to complete the mission BUT not only didn't I get a reward box.. no armor dropped either. Basically you get absolutely no reard JUST get a little closer to that magical 99 required for the feat. I'LL PASS
  14. ACEMcFly101 Well-Known Player

I Chopped up your post, shortened it and inserted notes. It was long but you made some good points. Hopefully people read it but I will say that I agree with other people about some of those feats. I think it is okay for there to be feats that take a quick daily task for a month or so while you're doing ones that give instant rewards. Those are made intentionally to give long-term goals for players and keep them with goals in mind while they subscribe over a long period of time. It's all planned out. I can't ask for nerfs to those feats. I know it would just add fuel to the fire for the naysayers and I honestly believe most of those are okay. The worst one you mentioned was the CC bounties. That one's a bltch.

HOWEVER, if you are appalled by some of those feats you mentioned, then I know you must be physically sickened by this gathering feat. It is my strong opinion that this single feat is 50 times worst than any you mentioned. It's why I singled it out and offered a solution. I find it totally acceptable to multi-task and chip away at long-term goals while doing short-term activities. What I find unacceptable is putting ALL ACTIVITIES on hold while you preform a tedious, daunting task for 417+ hours that will reward you with half of what you need for a skill point. Oh my god.... saying it out loud makes my head hurt. *barfs*

When we were doing stuff in Gotham, Metro, CC, ect, I would back this feat up all day, but now that we have moved on to areas that don't have exobits, the method for acquiring that feat has "obsolete" in a way and I believe it should be adjusted to the new way we get our exobits. I think it's only fair, and I certainly don't consider it a "nerf." I think it's perfectly logical, common sense. I believe the devs would have done it before if they thought of it. When that feat was created, it made sense. Things have changed.

EDIT:Like... It's an MMO so they want people subscribed for a year, years, ect. So some feats being intended to be chipped away at over long periods of time is fine with me. In those cases, you can't look at it like "work vs. reward" but rather as bonus reward after you earn a million other rewards. But that's just it... things changed and there's nothing we can do now while chipping this feat down like we used to be able to. It's even worse than running the same duo 250x because... it's just harvesting a node... over n over n over n over with no other activities to break the monotony. (If I typed "Over &" 25,000 times, would It piss you off? I think it would. :D Luckily for you, Hitting Ctrl-V 25,000x would be too MONOTONOUS for me ;) ) -- Sorry if that edit was just redundant it added nothing new. :)
  15. BumblingB I got better.

• Like x 1
  16. MacFuego Active Player

In fact the walkins count too, you can do that as many times as you want in a day, no marks or loot but it counts towards the feat.

Also it is possible to accelerate your exobit count by grouping with other farmers, I'm not sure what the proximity is and it is a tad glitchy but its also very effective if your close to one of the feats.

The exobits came out right before the CC bounties people were farming together at that time, as with all the content the newest set of feats are easiest to finish because there are so many more players going after the feats, it was easier to finish the CC feats everyone in your league needed them every day and dlcs came out every 3 months.

I would just suggest trying to find a group through lfg for the exobit feat. you can knock out a 1000 with 7 other people pretty quickly.
  17. bmce84 Loyal Player

Those large feats are ridiculous, it makes no sense to make you gather so many exobits, only to release total recovery kits which save you the trouble of having to gather exos. If the feats where global then ok, but I would have to gather them on one character which means less time to use my alts.
    • Like x 1
  18. WildcatHunter Committed Player

Retired my PC account with the feat and now I started all over again on ps4 but gathering is something I do everyday exos are the backbone of DC economy. All that said I wouldn't mind seeing clusters supplement that number but never want to see the number lowered for the feat.
    • Like x 1
  19. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

+1 OP.

I have always hated farming. But I do it. I agree though that with the lack of relevant content in the two major cities it makes it harder than it used to be. I'm all for having the bit clusters count toward the feat.
    • Like x 1
  20. ACEMcFly101 Well-Known Player

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW MANNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!

No, no, nooooo......... *faints*

So it was actually confirmed that this is not possible? Nooooo!
    Well, it's been over a year since you posted that. I really hope they look into it more thoroughly and find a way to do SOMETHING about this dang feat. As I've stated multiple times now, the issue here is that the game has changed a lot in ways that affect that feat since it was implemented. Changes have made it way more irrelevant and monotonous than it was at it's inception. I really *wish* a dev would comment on this post and shed some light. ;) Maybe my suggestion wouldn't work in just altering the feat mechanics (though I am surprised that's impossible. It wouldn't need to be retro-active or anything) but maybe they could come up with SOME way to make the feat less.... suicide-inducing.
    Their implication is that the design couldn't be changed without people losing their place in the count. But idk. Man...

I'm still holding out hope. I hope they can just do something about this. Clusters seemed the perfect solution.