Dev Discussion Jack Emmert Q&A

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Jackster, Jun 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guy Streakerson Level 30

Welcome Jack!

My primairy suggestion = Can we get a seperate game client for the pc (not the copied one we have now), one with more graphic customization, if this can be done by the client alone that is ( i can't see why this can't be done, tbh), otherwise a graphic update would go a long way for a lot of players, even if it is for pc only, because the game can look sooooo much better!

Secondary = Bug fixes and game(server)/network stability!!

Third and final suggestion: The Central City map can use a retouch/update like full map use and the Smallville map should be made like the Central City(CC) map and accessed via a teleporter in the watchtower!

Thank you for taking the time to read all this and i hope you have a wonderfull time with the new job and hopefully we as the playerbase are looking forward to what's to come!
    • Like x 1
  2. spookyboo Well-Known Player

Welcome to the game!

I would like to suggest looking at the replay badge system and how its implemented - Properly worth putting a daily cap on the amount used.
  3. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Hello. I have been playing since Beta in November 2010; and though the game has had its ups and downs through many changes, I have enjoyed and loved the game through it all. I play mostly during the two weeks of the month that I work night shifts. I barely play at all the other two weeks of the month, but I try to logs in an hour or two every day.

Under the current system of new content every month, I don't have much to do; but it's worked for me. Usually I spend the first week gearing up through vendor gear and the normal raid drop gear; then the second week working on gear from the elite raid. Then I'm ready for the new month's episode in my two week window; I use the rest of the month to play at leisure and help other people. I spend a lot of replay badges; and overall I spend a lot of money on the game (usually $800 plus a year).

My problem and question relates to the newest episode and the Darkseid raid and the change your team has made. In my opinion, the normal raid is now elite difficulty and the elite version is ultra-elite. In effect, most pug groups I join cannot even finish the first boss. No progression. Nothing to replay. No money spent.

Your team's response is that I need to gear up, but I already have the top elite gear from previous episodes (including R&D gear); and I have purchased all vendor gear with top mods. There is nothing else for me to get unless I wait for next month. And if this new trend continues, I'll have to sit things out often. After one month without new content due to XBox release and now another month with little I can play, how long do I sit things out before I just don't come back. I feel like I am being forced out.

My question to you - do you want me stay? Do you want money? I want to give it to you; I have given it to this game; but now it's being indicated that the company doesn't want it. I'm not good enough.

I would have something to do if the new normal raids were tuned so that the normal pug could at least beat the first boss with all top vendor gear and top previous episode gear. I would be happy with that. Your teams tells me no. I need to sit this one out.

I stopped playing over a week ago. Tell me - why should I come back?
    • Like x 2
  4. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Seeing the post above, let me say to you Mr. Jack that not all the people thinks that the newest Raid its a mistake.
    Some of us think that its a step on the right direction to recover the game that has become too easy, that you only have to mindlessly push buttons to get your loot and call it a day.

Just a heads up, there are two sides of the coin in this community.
  5. Phil Osyfee New Player

Hey Jack, I was curious how you felt about the current state of the Mentor system and the initial tutorial the game starts with. I feel both are lacking a bit and could be utilized better given it's possible for your team to do something.

While the tutorial teaches the basic games mechanics, not much of the game teaches you about your role or your power.

As for the mentors, once you get through the initial 30 levels, they are almost absent throughout the rest of your journey as a hero. I am not looking for Batman to hold my hand, but I do hope to see them call for my aid when needed, or give me a specific mission only accessible by them.

Overall I love the game and have been a player since Beta. I would like for the game to go as long as it possibly can, but I feel without some small tweaks to the game, we are just running the hamster wheel for loot.
    If you manage to answer thank you and congrats on your current position.
  6. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Welcome to the team, I'm looking forward to seeing what you bring to the table :D
  7. VV Dedicated Player

Welcome! DCUO is the only MMORPG I play and one of the few games that I replay a lot. I've lost a lot of friends over time due to the "Random" number generator system. Micro-transactions are fine by people but upto what extent? Are you planning on checking the marketing style of this game? Some say that they're fine but most say that the transactions just try to rip you off. This game has a lot of potential and what we want to buy is something related to the IP of Detective comics not "Total recovery kits_4-pack". By that I don't mean "Batman exo-recovery kits", more like usable batarangs U_U
    I'm a victim to the replay system and the micro-transactions. They're far too compelling and unethical. It's a lot like gambling with this game and my character had 6 gear items from the Tier 7 omnipotence gear drops ( As in, I'm totally fine and happy because my character is strong but sad since my friends that I play with aren't because of some random factor ). I am voicing out a collective "opinion", the reward system should be changed alongside the progression system. The ones that are in now made this game notorious. I can't get my best friend to play this game because of this system. Would you be willing to change it, atleast as an experiment if people sign up as backers? Incase the new system isn't as efficient as the old one in getting the company profits. ( "New system" can be almost everything suggested by many users throughout the forums, they've thought out well and the community polished their ideas. You can have a read about the "Current system" from the three to four posts that some quitters make on forums every day. )
    Welcome and Hi :)
  8. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Hello.

Welcome aboard, Captain.

I would like to be able to buy Episodes with Daybreak Cash again, either in game or through the website with DB cards.
  9. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Which we could note is why there are two versions of the raid - normal and elite. But that's not enough for one side of the coin.
    • Like x 2
  10. Heart Well-Known Player

Welcome!

I would like to see the features that were announced long ago added to the game :
    - Announced 2014 on SOE Live DC Universe Online Keynote event:
    · New UI (Althrough has been later announced to be put on hold for now.)
    · Sidekick Customization
    · PvP Leaderboards
    · Scoreboard revamp
    · League Content
    · Movement Mode Appearances (Like you could change the electric effect from super speed to fire effect via style menu to make it fit better for fire character for example. I was very exited before for that...)
    · Multi-mode arena types
    - Announced 2016 on DC Universe Online's 5th Anniversary Celebration Stream:
    · 4th Color Palette option
    · Style Unlocking (similar to feat unlocking for alternative characters)
    · League Recruitment Tool
    Those features haven't been added to the game yet.

Also to help with cathing up: The current announced work in progress features should include:
    - Powerset Midrange balance (Next phase is to balance weapons.)
    - Water powerset
    - Gorilla Grodd Legends PvP character
    - New Progression system (Hasn't been detailed yet.)
    - Removing CR Differential (Making stats matter!)
    - Meelee Combat and Counters update
    Those are currently being worked on.

Additionally awaiting work in progress features include:
    - Adding League Hall Themes
    - Adding Movement Mode Variants (Such as Skimming)
    - New PvP Season
    - PvP balance
    Those are features of the game that aren't being expanded because of the lack of resources to work on them.

Personally I think that the transition to monthly content releases was a failure on many ways... The community failed to perceive that there were intended to be 6 pieces of content that would last for 3 months but the CR Differential and other things had an effect on that and now the game has turned to a monthly race where you only do 2 pieces of content throughout the whole month until next 2 pieces of content releases.
    CR differential's part on that is that because your cr will raise a lot above the 1 month and 2 month old pices of content those contents dont soon have any challenge anymore and because you got all the gear from there already you have very little reasons to continue doing them throughout the 3 months.
    Another problem adding on that is that to have best chances on getting rare drops from the newest 2 pieces of content you have to refrain from doing the older pieces of content to avoid reseting the bad luck limiter (or whatever it is called) where you will be guaranteed a rare drop after not receiving rare drop from 10 bosses. Everytime you receive a rare drop even from nonrelevant content your counter resets and your bad luck has bigger chance to continue on newest content.
    Other reasons are that the monthly releases were supposed to give Premium members options on choosing what they like but the episodes don't have any certain themes so someone who would like only Lantern and Green Arrow content wouldn't have an option to buy just those and they would have to buy a lot of content they don't like in addition. Also I feel like the monthly releases have put down the quality of the episodes. We are no longer getting new backgrounds for log in screen and no new Legends characters regularly along with the DLC and no new open world areas.
    I just wanted to bring it to your attention as doing 2 pieces of content monthly is what killed DC Universe Online to me. :(

I dont have anything to ask as others have asked a lot of questions already or have explained about your background. I'm sure you'll enjoy the new working environment and good luck with your duties! :)
  11. KR0N0SBG New Player

So hello to the new CEO of Daybreak. I am player for I while, but there are few thinks that must be improved I have now Ultimate edition from Amazon.com, bu I was realy whanted to get full access or episodes, but when I tryed to pay with Steam it wanted me credit card.
    I think you should bring DCUO to Steam in Europe, so we tha players can buy stuff from Steam without credit or debit cards.
    Also it will be cool if you let people go to Mogo or made red lanterns, or at least you should make a way the people who didn`t bought episode to have chance to buy styles for theyre characters, for example I can`t get any of Lantern corps logo siutes (I want green lantern one).
    Theese are my suggestions to you hope you`ll read it and do something from them.
    Greatings and have a good luck on this positions!
    :)
  12. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Few Qs to add...lmao

Q. Will we get sub powers, that takes a smaller portion of the memory
    Q.Same with movements, will we get sub movements.
    Q.will we get more marketplace attention
    Q.will we get more open world activity
  13. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

Welcome to the Team buddy !! Hope you will like it here :)

I do have two question/request

1) can you try and talk to the other devs to put back the three month cycle dlc instead of month to month ?

2) can you fix underrated powers such as ( nature , electricity , HardLight, Rage )???

If you can do this , that would be VERY VERY helpful !
  14. HEALER35 Well-Known Player

Welcome Jackster and congratulations on your new role as CEO and welcome to our world here at DCUO were the community and the DCUO team make it possible to keep the worlds best MMO alive competitive to other MMO games, again welcome!

Playing this game over the past four years I must tell you it has been and still is a wonderful experience that I must say I'm really glad to be apart of. However, as you see and will soon to learn that everyone here you will not be able to make happy or keep happy but through soul of DCUO their are millions of us that love this game and what our team is doing and has done to keep this game fun, enjoyable and exciting.

Now here are some questions for you Jackster and some of these may have been asked already so just bare with me please, ok here we go.
    Questions for Jackster

1. Why did you except this position?
    2. What are your intentions for this game?
    3. Do you play DCUO and are you an active player as we speak?
    4. What do you like and dislike about this game?
    5. If you had to change one thing in this game to today what would it be?
    6. I am the CEO of my companies which basically means to me I'm the face of the company, but I'm involved in my company very much and with my customers. so the question I'm asking is, will you be just the face of the company or will also continue to engage in conversation with as you did here with us and really listen to our voices?
    7. were do you see DCUO in five years from now on your watch?
    8. How or when did you hear about DCUO?
    9. How can we expand the game or take DCUO to the next level of MMO gaming?
    10. Last question for you jack, I'm very jealous of your position at DCUO because working for DCUO would be a dream come true for me so my question is, can I have a job? lol

Here will give some of my suggestions on what I would like to see in the future Jackster.

1. I would like to see DCUO take the next step in MMO gaming, instead of making content for next month, lets make content next month that should not be out for another 5-10 years. Lets be the Apple of MMO gaming and up grade DCUO to level no one would ever think a game like this could ever be.

2. I would like to see better graphics and better interactions with our characters for an example being able to sit down, walk thru a door or have missions in space were we fight in the air or something. Some of our interactions are really out dated need to be updated to 21st century technology.

3. I believe the game can be more realistic such as more detail in our characters and better face gear graphics. Better bases or upgraded bases to make it feel more at home.

4. I would like to see wider engagement in combat for an example, Mepps sometimes comes in the game as one of the bosses and everyone or everyone that knows he on go fight him. He done came out as Trigon and Nekron and more which is really fun to engage in combat with hundreds of people. I would like to see more of this atleast once a month and also have it were heros and villans can invade each other headquarters like the watch tower and hall of doom in open world no que ups.

5. lastly because I can go on and on but I would like to see more open world content, bounties (like CC and Lantern bounties in open world) league hall updates because its really unacceptable when you can repair and do other things in your base but you are unable to repair in your league hall. This is like your leagues watchtower and you cant even repair, needs to be changed and have more upgrades because no one really uses their halls except for extra stats.

But that was just some of my ideas I wanted to share but I want to say again welcome to DCUO and you are working with a really dedicated team, Mepps is a really fair guy and he takes all the heat from all of us and I don't know how he deals with it sometimes but he does. The DEVS do their best to keep our world functional and moving forward with fixing bugs and doing their best to get content out on time. Shout out to Nerd of prey and the rest of the DCUO team for doing your best to for the community and the game.

Jackster I hope you have a smooth transition in to the world of DCUO and with the DCUO family and I just wanna wish you good luck and hope to hear more input from you and from the team, Good luck Jackster.
  15. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

Hello there,

I'm a former player who left the game due to the way the game has progressed. In that, I see this monthly content as rehashing old maps, to throw in some new adds and bosses. It became very repetitive. While I have seen some maps new before I left ( Stop playing in FEB, SUB ran out in April). I prefer the old DLC content that took the DEVS time to create, it had a story to it and felt like it was well put together. As I don't see the game going back to its old DLC (3 month cycles).

How would you attract a former player like myself to come back to the game?

Thanks
    WeizenBock PS4
  16. SnowStar Committed Player

Hello and welcome. Apologies if it is already asked but can we have an update on the hopeful return of the BVS/swag/logos to the marketplace, please?
    • Like x 1
  17. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

Jack skims through 6 pages of questions and issues put forth from the player base....stands up...puts on his coat, hat, and quietly slips out the door never to be seen or heard from again...

:D

Welcome to the circus Jack!
    • Like x 2
  18. Jackster Developer

Hey guys - my plan is to sort through ALL these questions - start writing up answers this weekend and then post early next week a bunch of responses.
    • Like x 19
  19. ChillCat Loyal Player

Thanks for the update! Much appreciated!
  20. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

When is quantum gonna hit harder then mental? And when is the damage cap gonna be removed?

Oh yeah, when is rage crashing in bn battery gonna be fixed!!?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.