When group leaders dip....

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Gam3r4Lif3, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Gam3r4Lif3 Dedicated Player

On there own group it confuses me. Why do you leave the instance if you started it? Wouldn't you think that they should be the last to leave? I was running BN and a 146 dps inv everyone but after 1 failed attempt on 1st boss he said he gave up and just left. People need to be more patient, all they want is 30 sec boss fight, gimme da goodies, replay, repeat.

How do you feel about this?
    • Like x 1
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Just because you form a group doesn't mean it's impossible for you to lose faith in the ability of the other players.

Forming the group is irrelevant in terms of whether you decide to abandon a run or not.
    • Like x 4
  3. SasquaT Dedicated Player

People are idiots thats all . I bet this guy who quit becouse of one wipe is same crying noob who crying about high CR in low content .
    In next week he/she gona cry about loot and day after he/she gona say "give me everything for free" .
    • Like x 1
  4. JohnDC New Player

I've seen people who leave before we even start because no one has a cr like theirs, thing is, its lower raids, its not a problem, but this player has become used to quitting if he's not in same cr company.

The guy leaves, and we continue with no problems, but guess he figured he would be carrying us.

The only time I get upset about carrying anyone is when they are higher CR and they just stand around.

why bother to que?
  5. BigAl Devoted Player

Totally thought this when I saw the title...
    • Like x 1
  6. light FX Steadfast Player

Whats even weirder is the guys who start to form a raid thru LFG and they invite 3 or 4 people then they leave the group with us all sitting there like wth just happened. They say nothing, dont pass lead, and are still online. Have had this happen a handful of times in last few months. Its really odd.
    • Like x 1
  7. X-zero Loyal Player

In BN case, the bosses get progressively harder. So unless you all had false start or something the group creator probably though you all stood no chance of finishing the raid if the first boss ended in a wipe.
  8. Delta796th Loyal Player

I have a pretty simple 3 and out rule (when in PuG groups) Sure from time to time I'll stay longer if it's close or somebody is just learning instance, but normally I'm sticking with it.
  9. DarkLadyAthena Dedicated Player

I play mainly for fun, and while I don't raid, I do play dungeons etc in many MMOs. I know PUGs are the worst way to form a group, and because of that, I have really low standards when it comes to the other players. Basically, I put them in one of three categories:

1. "My way or the highway." These are the typical players that are "experts", and know best. Every. Single. Time. When we're facing a boss, they are explaining the mechanics in detail first, and make absolutely sure everyone knows what to do. This might sound fine... except they get really mad when you don't do what they tell you to do. Which is understandable... but what do you do when there are two or more of these idiots in the team, and they have different strategies? There can be three of these in a team, all with their own strategy they insist we can use - yet, we end up with a complete mess, and STILL win.

2. Lone wolves. These idiots don't care about the team. Back in Lord of the Rings Online, there was a (censored) player at max level in a mid-level dungeon we were struggling with, and he refused to stay with the team. He kept explaining over and over that he could handle himself, yet he refused to understand that the rest of us didn't. He was essential for our survival, and with him running around on his own, we wiped over and over against regular enemies. Lone Wolves are often a pain in the rear end if you're a healer. I've lost count on how many times in how many games I've repeated over and over that I can't heal you if you don't stay close to me. Simple logic for most people. "So follow me!" Grrrrrrr.... NO. I am NOT abandoning the entire group just because you want to run off solo with your private healer slave following you around. I stay with the team. If you don't, you don't get healing. Deal with it.

3. Friendly newbies who wants to learn. These are by far my favorite. Many of these play the dungeon for the first time, and because of it, we often wipe a lot. Many don't even know how to play their class properly. Especially fun if they are the healer. :p But unlike the other two types, these people really want to learn the game and their class. Sure you wipe at the first boss, but in return, these people will learn from their mistake (most of the time). If you are patient with them, you'll end up having a great time. Sure you won't breeze through anything in seconds, and sure, you will die a lot. They might even grab your loot by mistake from time to time. But it's a PUG, so don't expect much. If you want a team of elite players, go with people you know are elite level. Preferably friends.