What Weapons Would You want To See In Game?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Rockhound665, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

It's no secret that new weapons are behind the new power curve by a ratio of 8:1. Since launch we've gotten:

Light
    Earth
    Electricity
    Celestial
    Rage
    Quantum
    Munitions
    Atomic

And the only new weapon we got was shield. So, with that said, what is on your wish list for new weapons? Mine are:

Boxing-We have Brawling which is basically a series of haymakers. I'd like to see a more technical fighting style like a boxing style with jabs, combos, etc. If'n that isn't enough, then throw some kicks in and make a kickboxing style.

1 Handed Firearm-We have 1 handed and duel swords/melee type so why not a 1 handed firearm style? Wouldn't have to change much. Styles and actions can be similar but throw in tazer(perfect for stun/pull) and have styles like Mac 10, .44 magnum/.357 magnum, The Judge(for those unfamiliar, take a look at the pic below. It shoots .45 long colt and .410 shotgun shells), etc.
    [IMG]

Whip-This is already in game with Catwoman. Why this isn't a weapon I've no idea.

Judo-This might be easier said than done as grappling moves are hard to program. Even in wrestling games can this by shoddy.

Crossbow-With the popularity of this weapon on The Walking Dead you'd think they would have incorporated this.

These are just a few. Any other ideas?

*Mods, if you want to move this to Powers, Weapons, & Movement you may. I should have posted this there in the first place.
    • Like x 2
  2. it_was_Friday Dedicated Player

I think it's hard to come up with new weapons for the game. After all, they are not weapons, they are fighting styles. Sword... axe... both are one handed. Or maybe dual wield or two handed.

I think whip and crossbow are good ideas. I don't think they would try to add and make different boxing (brawling) or judo (martial arts). Single pistol s a novel idea, but why have 1 when you can have 2? That's rhetorical... it's just they won't develop something not called for. Stuff is similar already.

With fighting styles offered, it is hard to think of any new ideas.
  3. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

You have been around long enough to have known the answers to this before even writing it.

Weapons are one of the most complicated things to make, it is far more encompassing than just making the basic weapon.

They have said over and over and over and etc., that it is not possible (for various reasons) for them to work out whips (or similar swinging type weapons). An NPC doing a basic few moves on a set pattern is far different from multiple moves for and non pattern actions of players.

Someday they may do another weapon but the last official word was its not in any kind of planning stage.
    • Like x 3
  4. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

I know that but we can dream can't we?
  5. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

Beyond these weapons being in things like hit TV shows...they are in DC comics...The Huntress uses crossbows...yes??
  6. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

Since whips are iconic, they'd be first choice. However, allowing shields to be finally combined with one handed melee and ranged weaponry would be great - no matter if they make that a complete new type of fighting or find a way to combine one handed and pistol with shield in weapon mastery in a much better way than weapon mastery is done now.

And of course there is the kusarigama....

But for starters, I'd be fine with finally getting TEC-9 style dual pistols into the game. And the scaling to be fixed on lots of the existing weapons....
    • Like x 1
  7. DeadSteel Active Player

I'd love whips/kunai and chain it could have capture mechanics making it perfect for tanks and even better for every scorpion player.

We need nunchucku be cause we just do

I love the idea of boxing/kick boxing it could be a nice cross up of brawling and martial arts, I feel like we need more cross styles like a sword and shield or sword and gun style as for cross bows all we need are crossbow skins for rifles and dual pistols
  8. AlienNomad Well-Known Player

Because Dual Wield is 1H x2, so why not a single pistol? It would be welcomed with open arms. (It's kind of odd that they haven't added laser guns and rifles, one of your combos turns your rifle into a flamethrower but the laser thing is another subject altogether.)
    I also like the idea of the crossbow and the whip. The whip style could be chains, vines, all kinds of neat stuff once you stop and think about it. Adding another weapon tree is inevitable since one day we'll max out on skill points slots.
  9. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

With the train of thought that we can dream ...
    • Whips and chains
      Lashina, Catwoman/Donna Troy/Wonder Woman/etc, Rage/Atrocitus, and more all have animations and weapons
    • Single pistol GCPD and some Kryptonians have them ... I haven't looked closely to see if Lois Lane is using a single pistol or a rifle animation ... the animation seems to be tied closely to the Wand weapon, used by various Sentinels of Magic and related

Chris Cao is no longer a dev:
    There is so much involved in a weapon. I'm sure this stuff I can think of off the top of my head just barely scratches the surface ...
    • character animations
      • avoiding model clipping
      • new or repurposed motions
      • trail between character and target
      • at rest holding weapon
      • target hit animation against all the various models, with all the various different power types
      • etc
    • designing weapon styles
    • adding to loot tables and database
    • buidling the trees
      • determining mechanics
      • setting base damages
      • integrating with other weapons for WM
      • etc
    • Like x 1
  10. it_was_Friday Dedicated Player

I just have a hard time imagining how different single pistol would be from dual pistol on a skill tree. The same, with different animations...? We do see cops and robbers using one pistol, as well as the Joker himself. The baseline forms for single pistol animation likely do exist already. Just put a pc toon skin on it rather than an npc toon skin. But how the skill tree is built, and different from dual pistol, and fits into the WM overall scheme... I don't think it is conceivable. Possible to do, most likely. Probable to do, mostly not.
  11. Jak-Man Committed Player

This game needs to be given to someone else to handle if we want to see any of these weapons in the game. But I'm never going to get my nunchucks.
  12. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

She does but they're basically DP with arrows and a different sound.
  13. JohnDC New Player

Whips and chains
    Lashina, Catwoman/Donna Troy/Wonder Woman/etc, Rage/Atrocitus, and more all have animations and weapons
  14. BigAl Devoted Player

Sorry, that part made me giggle a little.

Jeff Jarrett's guitar
  15. Crimson Crossfyre Well-Known Player

I would like to see the Huntress' crossbows added as a style for Dual Pistol users.

Of course, I would also like to see different animations for all of the various projectile weapons in the game, like plasma bolts from the plasma pistols instead of the same bullets and ejected cartridges as the pistols.
  16. Corsair X Well-Known Player

Whip was tried in the past by devs and never released. Due to PS3 animation glitches we will not see it. I would love to see whips and chains, lol but until PS3 phased out it won't happen.
  17. tukuan Devoted Player

I believe it was stated that this was mostly developed at one time but not completed. Harvey in the Ivy instance uses it.

I think the other one that came up a couple of times as mostly developed was the wand attack that the SoM use.
  18. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

If I remember correctly, one handed firearm was put in the game in the BETA, but they removed it cuz reasons (?)

We already have Whip in the game, but it not hardcoded yet to live.
  19. BrokenEssence Level 30

I'm just glad I'm not the only one who wants a whip and crossbow... or nunchucks. I really want nunchucks! Come on, devs! Please?
  20. recoil Committed Player

what about like dual wield scythes like the scythe staff style? also something i'd love to see two handed and dual wield versions of would be keith's solid light swords from voltron force. also a nice weapon to add to the game would be fantasy chakrams like axel's from kingdom hearts. kinda like martial arts but with more thrown stuff.
    • Like x 1