Devs, Serious Issue/Suggestion Regarding Exobit Node Obsoletion & Feats

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ACEMcFly101, Jun 5, 2016.

1. ACEMcFly101 Well-Known Player

This may be a small issue in the grand scheme of things, but it's driven me crazy for a while.

PROBLEM: The feats for gathering exobit nodes require an UNGODLY amount of tedious farming and I'm pretty sure that when those feats were created, they were intended to be obtainable through the natural accumulation of bits. However, since that time, exobit nodes have become obsolete and really only appear in metropolis and Gotham. Yes, I know there are a few old mini-open-world maps that have them, but even the newer ones like New Genesis completely gave up on the nodes.

Well, this would be fine... but what about the feats? Are we really expected to log hundreds upon hundreds of hours circling the old cities?

SUGGESTION: Make the Exobit Clusters which we gain from On Duty instance rewards count as gathered exobits. Preferably each counting for 3 bits, since they yeild 3. Even at that, the feats would still take foreverrrrrrr and require tedious farming. It's probably impossible to make a feat like that be retroactive upon release, which is fine. But it is my very strong opinion that the current state of affairs has drifted far away from the original intention from the inception of those feats and I don't think this solution is very farfetched at all. It seems like a small adjustment and it certainly wouldn't make things easy; just slightly less unthinkable.

What do you guys think about this idea?
    • Like x 7
  2. redwolfyogi Well-Known Player

Yes!!!!!! even if it is one and not three... yes. I've played this game longer than some and i still havent hit the 10000 bits feat. (im somewhere in the 7-8 thousands area.) but i 100% agree.
    • Like x 1
  3. Jumpnit Dedicated Player

I disagree the grind for this feat has not about wether the bits are important or not it is all about the time it takes to do them. For example should you be awarded the 250 battle for earth duo feat after your CR is above T2 simply because doing those duos is not longer important to you?
    • Like x 7
  4. ACEMcFly101 Well-Known Player

I think you're misunderstanding me. I didn't say exobits are no longer important. In fact, the higher CR you are, the more important they are and you need more and more per mod. What I'm saying is, exobit nodes are no longer created by the devs and they are not in any remotely recent content. The game shifted from nodes to clusters after that feat was created and it's clear that the intention was that nodes would continue to be relevant when that feat was created. I am simply suggested that clusters, which yield bits for T1+, be treated as nodes, which yielded bits for 1-30.

In terms of efficiency, it would be better to do every single feat in the game before that one. It's the most lopsided feat in terms of work/reward and it's only like that because the method of obtaining exobits was altered post-feat but the feat was never adjusted.
    • Like x 2
  5. hoaxone Committed Player

If anyone didn't know.the pvp wins on the original maps use to go to 250.they lowered all the feats associated with those.I don't see why they can't lower these the same way.especially when the pvp ques were absolutely terrible for hero's that farmed all the feats before the nerf to the feats
    • Like x 2
  6. HideTheBodies Loyal Player

What about the people that did in fact "log hundreds upon hundreds of hours circling the old cities?" This feat is no more far-fetched now then it was when it was introduced. What has changed?
    • Like x 15
  7. Malachyte Devoted Player

I do like the idea to include the exobit clusters you get from running non-relevant content towards the gathering feat. I also would like to see an increase with the amount of multiple bits you get from gathering an exo in open world.

I'm about 600 away from getting to 20,000 and I have come to the conclusion that I'll never get to 25,000 at this current rate...
  8. Ekart Committed Player

I'm almost finished with the 25k feat (after 4,5 years of playing DCUO) and think that including the clusters in the gathering summary is a nice idea. But it should only count as 1 node, because the nodes where you get more than 1 exo out of them are also counted as 1.

Lowering the number of nodes gathered to get the feats would be a fail.
    • Like x 1
  9. Pathosgrim Dedicated Player

You're just lazy.
    I wonder where your SP is at?
    Players want everything handed to them and yes, asking for feat nerfs because it happened to PvP feats counts as asking for a hand out.
    • Like x 7
  10. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

They could count towards feat but it was said that they are incompatible as an exobit is a 'harvest' and the cluster is just another box you open. But I finished the feat just fine, just get a route, farm it till you complete and etc. oh, talk to someone as you do it, so you don't go insane.
    • Like x 4
  11. VariableFire Loyal Player

This isn't one of those feats you can grind out in a week nor should it be. You want it, you work for it. Besides, in the time it takes to run some content to gain those clusters you could have gained anywhere from 20-50 easily.
    • Like x 8
  12. it_was_Friday Dedicated Player

It is unfair to those having worked already.

I would suggest we work on your farming skills. You mentioned it is tedious. Perhaps, but think of it as no more a grind than the rest of the game.

One thing I do that helps me accomplish all the things thegame has to offer is I do all the things the game has to offer... at the same time.

I am a Gothamer, and so will be there. It is less busy, slightly darker, and quieter - all things which aide in finding things to farm. I also know the terrain, so homefield advantage is suggested. I roam Gotham with Arenas in my queue, spending time not just waiting. I have a Hero Bounty mission in my pocket, and one for cultists from Brother Blood too. I am going to go by Amusement Mile and knock out Full House again. So I am accomplishing 3 missions while I travel, and I farm the way. Don't go fast, patrol the neighborhoods. Acrobatics certainly helps. Up, down, all around... get lost a little. Find your way, find stuff. Stuff... not just exobits. Collections, maybe even Investigations and Briefings you have yet to find. Stuff to sell on the Broker if you don't need it.

I am doing like 5 different things at once, and all I have to do is look around and not rush things.

Tortoise and the hare, mate.
    • Like x 6
  13. ChillCat Loyal Player

No thanks. Some feats that are pure grind are meant to be completed over time; years in some cases. It's attainable if you're willing to put in the time. Just do it!

[IMG]
    • Like x 9
  14. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I made a point of picking up the bounties from the east end, & the cultists from Zatanna, then mapped out an exo route that takes them all in. works every time. without fail, 30 - 40 exos a trip, at the least. takes about an half hour, tops. if you can't be bothered to work out a route, skank one off youtube, they got loads.
    • Like x 4
  15. Irvynnge Loyal Player

16. Impulsively Committed Player

What would make this feat considerably less painful is if the animation for collecting the exobit was shortened. It's around 4-Mississippi seconds long now. If it were an instant interaction, I wouldn't mind farming them at all.
    • Like x 1
  17. AlphaOrion Dedicated Player

It's a few feats out of a 1300+ feats in the game why should it be made easier to achieve especially when skill points don't mean squat anyway, if your done all the other feats in the game except these gathering feats then you better get out there and start farming them.
    I have all the gathering feats and sorry to say I want all the people that still need them to suffer just as much as I did farming them all, already had a bunch of pvp feats lowered to 50 wins after I and many others achieved them when they were 250 wins don't need more feats lowered because a few minority want the feats faster, in fact I think many feats such as tokens of merit, solos, duos, alerts, and yes exos, etc... should be increased for the people that have them all.
    • Like x 3
  18. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Your suggestion was originally considered when Exobit Clusters were added to the game. However the reason the change was not implemented was because it was not possible to implement.
  19. JohnDC New Player

To keep you busy my son.
  20. light FX Steadfast Player

How have exobits become obsolete? I still farm em. I still sell em. And some of us still mod with the best mods. Just because u choose not to do those things does not mean your choice makes them obsolete. And my vote would be no. Go farm like the people who have the feat had to. Im at 22k currently and obviously close to finishing the feat. But ive been stuck at that # for about 6 months because i dont play as often and i farm on other toons sometimes. If i wanted i could be done in a few days. I know people who finished it in 2 months starting from 0. So many things w/in the game have been made easier. Stop trying to make feats easier now too.
    • Like x 4