So, You Are Struggleing with Content?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Alrighty Then, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Then they shouldnt be wasting money on dc if they r struggling in real life
    • Like x 1
  2. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

That's my whole point.
    Some people just cannot spend $$$ on DCUO for whatever reason. But they can still play the F2P part of the game.
    So..... pretty silly to expect them to spend real $$$ just to have White Mods.

The $4 for a cup of coffee argument is crazy talk.
    As if everyone spends $4 for a cup of coffee.
    You can get a coffee for $1.29 at McDonalds for people who REALLY crave coffee. ;)
    • Like x 1
  3. JeffEllis Committed Player

My god it's so clear now. I should stop spending time with my wife and kids. I should stop all other hobbies. I should quit running things with no marks because they're fun. I should grind for l33t status! I mean sure, I have one CR 166 with white mods and vendor mods but you, you have lots of them. Forget having one toon with decent gear and mods when I can sacrifice all my free time to have lost of them!

Of course I've never actually encountered any groups struggling because of a lack of white mods but hey, it could one day happen and now I'll be prepared to show them my l33tness and tell them how much they should stop playing in a way that's fun and be l33t like me.

My path in life is clear now. I'll have to give up my job, family and free time but dang it, I think I can do it! You sir have gave me new direction in life! No more drunken parties. No more sexy time with the wife. My life is now DCUO and I am your disciple. Teach me master!
    • Like x 3
  4. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Lmao
    • Like x 2
  5. Controller Devoted Player

One of THESE threads, huh?

[IMG]

While it's too early for popcorn here on the East Coast U.S. right now I can certainly say that Darkseid's War Factory is STILL a struggle. Whether this is Mod-related or what can be discussed/debated on here Ad Infinitum.

Mods and SPs are simply TOOLS in your tool chest. The more tools the better. It can be debated that a MOD-LESS toon "CAN" be successful in content like DWF but I'd like to see it. I'm sure there are SOME players out there beating DWF without mods or high SPs but I'd venture a guess that it's not many.

I've been fortunate to beat DWF 3 times so far - twice with Pugs and once with known players. I solo Trolled it once, solo'd most of it a second time and ran dual Trollers a 3rd time. I didn't inspect anyone but looking at the scorecards in each raid I'd be shocked if there were ANY unmodded players. The scoreboard numbers were HIGH and the performance during the raid was crisp in each run.

The game RIGHT NOW is not conducive to modding in some respects. Exceptional kits are scarce and even the level VIII recovery kits you can purchase from the vendor don't always give you a good return on exos. It is downright EXPENSIVE to mod right now - even moreso at T8. You can purchase TRKs from the broker but that is a cost.

Mod cost CAN be alleviated with treating the Broker as a second game - within the game of DCUO. If you manage your in-game money well enough you can help finance your own mods but again this takes time and patience.

From the countless threads on Modding and SPs I've read and been involved in on here there will always be 2 camps for this. What I'd like to see happen is simply RESPECT for those who mod - AND those who don't. That doesn't always happen.

Some here will say - "MODDING is a crutch."

"Modding is for the WEAK."

"Modded players have NO skill."

I've actually been in threads where some have stated these things. It's simply DISRESPECTFUL.

Darkseid's War Factory is making this game come FULL CIRCLE, now. It is EASILY the hardest content - even the with NORMAL version. Extra tools in your tool chest certainly don't hurt ANYONE. DWF is IMO our NEW HAPPINESS HOME Elite.....our newToTD Elite. There are still some players out there going for Granny's Gold Star. I still don't have that feat nor the Hat Trick one. Both Feats take coordination and raid experience to complete - from ENTIRE raid party.

AGAIN - I'm sure that there are a few players out there beating DWF without mods but I'd guess not many.
  6. Malachyte Devoted Player

Anyone who pays $4 for a cup of coffee is just wasting money.....and anyone paying a bunch of money on replay badges to get gear that is invalid in 3 months is well....you see where I'm going here....lol
    • Like x 1
  7. Pathosgrim Dedicated Player

Pretty insane when you think about it.
    $4 dollars for a cup of coffee VS 5 dollars for 150 replay badges=1 raid reset.
    • Like x 1
  8. Hraesvelg Always Right

So I assume you also don't spec your SPs, wear gear, put any mods in, or use powers or weapons. The distinction between using one system of the game over the other is completely arbitrary. I mean, you don't need power steering or anti-lock brakes or even blinkers on your car, but I imagine you use them to make life easier.

There is a strong masochistic streak here on the forums.
    • Like x 1
  9. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

I agree. I have become increasingly abreast about what F2P can mean. DCUO's F2P model is a shadow of it. Going on steam and reviewing their F2P MMO lineup was a quick way for me to realize this.
    • Like x 1
  10. light FX Steadfast Player

Yea i didnt say that nor has anyone else. Welcome to ignore. And i dont believe for a second u have never seen people struggle because of no mods. No way. And if u only have 1 toon and cant even get white mods and/or betas/syns?
  11. light FX Steadfast Player

1st of all there are people who spend $4 for coffee all the time. Ever been to starbucks? And the coffee is irrelevant. The analogy was meant to show its cheap. $4 is cheap. Make no mistake there are premium players who spend a buncha $$$ on BBs and power respec tokens but then complain the price of legendary is too high. And f2p players w/out mods? In all the lower content most times there ends up a high cr person destroying the content. And just with drops alone u level so fast that u can be done with the f2p content in a week. So silly talking about f2p players with no white mods. Im talking about the people at end game that ask for nerfs all the time yet they dont use tools at their disposal to make content a lil easier. I also never said i expect anything from anyone. But spending $4 is not some crazy amount of $ and the mark cost is very low once u get past the initial cost. The upkeep cost is low, thats what i mean. So if u have access to the lair system but cant earn 21 marks? Cmon now.
  12. Tacca Well-Known Player

PZE or PZN? Blind queue or formed your own group?
  13. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Yes.... some people will spend $4 on a Coffee.
    But not EVERYONE will spend $4 on a coffee.

$4..... that may be cheap to YOU.
    Not everyone is YOU.
    For some people...... $4...... NOT cheap.
    So they may choose to spend that $4 on something other then White Mods...... like buying the newest Episode maybe??

So sadly..... YOU don't decide what is cheap for OTHER people.
    And OTHER people will decide how they spend their $4.

People who a "bunch of $$$ on BB".....
    You realise that NOT EVERYONE spends a bunch of $$$ on BB???

NOT everyone buys BB..... Respec Tokens...... Replays.... Etc.

And again...... you don't decide how OTHER people spend their $$$.
    They can very well decide to buy $4 worth of Replay instead of spending $4 on White Mods.

Again..... YOU think that a $4 is cheap. Good for you.
    Not everyone will think that.
    • Like x 1
  14. Exponentzeus825 Level 30

Mods abosultly assist with mechanics, the faster you burn the boss the less mechanics you have to deal with and the less chance there is someone will mess up. Take Braniacs for example the difference between a raid group with and without mods would be an entire rotation of pods. Having to deal with two less once shot mechanics is huge. Can you complete it either way? Yes, is it noticeably easier if everyone has proper mods and SP? Abosultly. Also the side kick is the difference in whether I can solo the new T8 duo or not. Another good example would be phantom zone, the last fight is literally a dps race.
  15. light FX Steadfast Player

I completely understand not everyone will go to starbucks and spend $4 on coffee. But for the majority of the population $4 is not a lot of money. I could understand if we were talking about $20. Cause for people on a budget and not making very much $ and having to pay bills and support a family then yes $20 can be a lot for some people. Also a lot of people spend some kind of $ on entertainment. Whether thats your internet, tv and cable or whatever its called these days, going out to dinner or with friends or a number of other things can be considered entertainment. $4 a month to be premium and keep getting episodes as they come out is very cheap when compared to other forms of entertainment. Someone just showed this last week when they did a thread and showed how much they spent on dinner/drinks and strip club. And that is just 1 night. I think if u asked most people if $4 a month for entertainment is a lot they would say nope thats pretty cheap. I mean compare it to going out and buying a brand new game for xbox1 and ps4. Those games are $60 usually if not a lil more. That is what i meant and maybe didnt communicate it the best way. See my point now?
  16. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

It was a blind queue for PZN. I found 2 dps and a tank trying to get past the 2nd boss. Inspected before we got started and sure 'nuf they couldn't stay alive. So I left after 1 fight.
  17. Derio 15000 Post Club

Well if they are F2P they dont need mods for any piece of content. Especially with all the high CR players running through t1-t4
    • Like x 1
  18. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

We may have to revise the definition of "majority".

About Half of the US population qualifies as poor or low income.

And even those who are above low income..... once the rent... the bills (phone... internet.... electric.... heat).... the groceries are paid for...... there may not be all that much $$$ left for entertainment.

So even if someone HAS $4 to spend on DCUO.
    Why would they spend it on White Mods??
    They could spend it on the next episode.
    The y could spend it on replays.
    Heck they could decide to spend it on the Batman Base Items.

Yes.... technically $4 is not a lot of money......
    But there are a billion+1 reasons why it could represent a lot of money for some people.

You say;
    "I think if u asked most people if $4 a month for entertainment is a lot they would say nope thats pretty cheap."

We are talking about $4 to buy White Mods.
    NOT for entertainment. You can get that playing F2P.
    We are talking JUST to buy the Mainframe Upgrade to get WHITE MODS.

Ask those same people if they think $4 JUST for White Mods is a good price.
    Pretty sure most would call you crazy for wanting to spend $4 just to have White Mods in your gear.

We are not talking $4 for a brand new game.
    We are not talking $4 for a new episode.
    We are not talking $4 for a months worth of entertainment.
    We are talking about $4 for WHITE MODS.

Not the same thing...... at all.

So very very very easy to see why some......
    heck according to threads such as this one.....
    why MANY do NOT have White Mods.

Many probably just cannot afford the Mainframe Upgrade..... even if it is "just" $4.
    And heck..... there might even be many would can afford it but decide not to spend their $$$ on this.

Hope this makes sense.
    And I hope I don't come off as too harsh.
    Don't meant to.
    And I do enjoy our little discussion. ;) ;)
  19. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

You don't even have to run end content to get Marks anymore. That is a blessing <3
  20. RE puIse New Player

Sure white mods can be seen as an option, but if you are CR 100 and up and don't have the white mods, that means that you've chosen to skip over content in a race to top tier. Again, your option. But don't be surprised or offended if we choose not to run content with you or put you on ignore. Again, our time is valuable as well, and if I cue in on my healer into Harley, and a minimum level DPS with no mods white or otherwise pop in, I usually give them the first few rooms. If after that time they're constantly running with no power, I'm spending most of mine just to keep them alive, and the scorecard is even, I put them on ignore and requeue. I've run with unmodded people and we've made it through, it took longer, but we succeeded. But I'm not spending 45 minutes in a 10 minute duo to help you when you won't take a few days to help yourself. Would I rather run with an unmodded player that knew their role than a modded out cowboy who wants to Leroy Jenkins his way through everything? Yes. But mods can definitely make a difference, and help bridge the gap.