Is There A Way We Can Make Generator Mods Account Bound?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Rockhound665, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Since we can't trade them or sell them in the broker(occasionally we can donate them for prestige in our league halls), can we at least make them account bound? I'm hating having to delete these 8+ mods because I don't need them(can't even sell them for ingame cash). So Devs, can we get this done?
    • Like x 7
  2. megamanzero Loyal Player

doesn't really make sense considering the bases are different buildings plus if you have multiple support roles then youd want specific boost for each toon.

instead they should make account bound gear/mods.
  3. BumblingB I got better.

I think he's not talking about the generator being account bound but the mods being account bound. Where he can put them in the shared folder of his bank.
    • Like x 2
  4. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

This. I got a Resto 8.3 on one toon where I have no use for but I can use it on another. Instead I have to delete it(haven't done this yet) because I can't even sell it to a vendor.
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I wish they were account bound. I also wish we can equip them like xbox people can :mad:
  6. Gimpy Loyal Player

I have a solution in my thread in powers movement and weapons.

Yes this is a shameless plug for my thread hehehehe.
  7. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I like the OP's idea and for just the reason you described. I have lost track of how often I have had a VIt mod drop that any of my trolls could use but I was playing one of my tanks or a Resto drop on a troll. Some are not so bad since Health, Power, Might and Precision can be used by any role but it still stings a little when you have an alt that already had 7.3 or now 8.3 in all those slots and another one drops and you can't hand it off to any of your other alts that may still be using 7.1 or LOWER.

Can we clarify something though? I haven't had any 8._ drop yet but I KNOW the 7._ allowed you to at least SELL them at a vender for in game cash...

7.1 and 7.3 mods could be sold at any vender including the soda machine in your base. 7.2 don't sell but can be donated to your league for prestige.. DON'T quote me but I believe the total on that was 15 prestige????

Pretty sure the 6._ and 5._ worked the same way so is this something new the DEVS did with the new 8._? If so its another example of them not even bothering to use the same criteria from one day to the next with anything they build.

So here's an idea DEVS ..

1) make the things sellable (why? well let's see they are supposedly a REWARD we get while playing. If its something I can't slot and use on the character that just had it drop and I can't SELL it or donate it. HOW exactly is that a reward? TRY making your customers HAPPY since they are the ones that give you REAL MONEY so you can keep your jobs).

2) As indicated here make the things account bound so if a player doesn't need the mod on one character he or she can send it to another of their alts to improve it (WHY? *see last line of number 1 when it refers to make customers happy)
    • Like x 1
  8. JohnDC New Player

I agree with this.

too often I get Might on a Precision toon in a drop.

Of course if we had mods that scale with our CR that would be better.

So if your Cr climbs the mods in generator will too. no more chasing them down.
  9. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I wish, I always seem to get the ones I need for a character on the opposite character :(
  10. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Thanks for all the input. Seriously, there isn't any reason why these things aren't account bound just as there's no reason why most blue drops can't be traded when a lot of purple drops can. As for mods, treat them like the old Prom box gold drops were. Those were account bound as long as they weren't modded(IIRC you could put them in your shared bank as long as you removed the mods but I might be wrong). I can dig not being able to sell them but to not have these account bound doesn't make sense.
  11. Derio 15000 Post Club

They need to just be tradeable thats all, that way if you get one you dont need for that toon you can trade it, or sell it on the broker.