Vacuum Bubble vs. Word of Power

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ScarletShepherd24MSS, Jun 2, 2016.

1. ScarletShepherd24MSS Active Player

so from personal experience what do you guys find more useful in terms of these two powers. Mostly cause they both seem to fill the same role of restoring power to the group and stunning enemies in the proximity, and both eat up half the supercharge meter.
  2. BumblingB I got better.

One is a power point the other is a skill point cost. Your choice. Usually the skill point is easier to utilize.
    • Like x 4
  3. Veritasum Loyal Player

Since they both are essentially the same, word of power is the more practical choice since it's a power point.

But curious, what is your power and what is your idea for this in your loadout?
    • Like x 1
  4. ScarletShepherd24MSS Active Player

I already have vacuum bubble on, mostly just wondering if word of power had any extra benefits. Otherwise, they would both just serve as a power output to help a controller/healer in a pinch as one of my dps celestial builds

[IMG]
    [IMG]

ignore some of the items I have equipped, accidentally left them in the build
  5. Veritasum Loyal Player

Back in the day, controller SCs would not restore power so the go to power for most was Word of power. I would personally use WoP now if I wanted to have something like it in my loadout simply because I rather have more SP in the weapon tree rather than in movement. Most powers can spare the power point these days with AMs, but don't know anything about celestial. So I think you're good either way.
  6. kingmasternova Loyal Player

I know don't if VB heal you but pow do.
  7. BumblingB I got better.

Oh come on man, you can't be hurting for SP. :p

I prefer Battle Drone anyways. He's cute! :)
    • Like x 1
  8. SrirachaMayn Well-Known Player

i cant confirm this but i believe word lf power slightly edges out VB in overall power out. wop also refunds the power much faster. however, i find the movement mode power sc's more useful because not only will they power the whole group but they will power the pets of pet users as well. further making the supercharge more benificial to the team.
    • Like x 1
  9. BumblingB I got better.

I thought WoP actually was a slower start though. Where the movement powers start instantly feeding power back. The return was negligible. WoP does give a slight shielding and health back, but man, that is so low that you don't even notice that. All in all, I think if you are hurting on power points, go with the movement one. As a DPS though, you aren't going to give a whole lot of power return to the group.

Also note, they all do damage, but the movement ones do more damage than WoP. They got nerfed in damage back when power was added to them though. So in the end, not as necessary, just something to hit if you have the room on your loadout.
  10. Black Jaq Devoted Player

As an Earth tank, I use WoP as it should stun adds and also heal. As an Earth DPS, Vacuum Bubble.
  11. SrirachaMayn Well-Known Player

Wop gives 5/sec total ticks and movement sc's give 6/sec if i recall correctly. Wop bein the winner in overall power out but as you mentioned, the difference was negligible. which is why, again, i run the movement sc's instead of wop. all my toons are floating around 250sp so the sp spent grabbing the sc, along with the cc preventative innates doesnt hurt me as much as i would gain.

i havnt tested the sc's in dps stance but in healer role, vit may vary, both sc's provice enough power back for other support roles to cast roughly 3-4 powers. thses sc's are real clutch in moments when the troll goes down and the team was already low on power.