Dual Spec

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tindival, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Tindival New Player

I saw something while looking at the dcuobloguide and it got me wondering ... can you dual spec?

I know that to be a tank you take certain skills and to be dps you take different (same for troll / heals).

But is it possible with 2 armories to have 2 different builds (2 sets of gear etc..)? My assumption to that is yes... then my question is does it switch with the armor loadouts or do I have to respec each time to switch?
  2. Harlequin Devoted Player

This is precisely what armories are for. You can have different styles, titles, specs and gear saved to each one and switch all of it at the click of a button.
    • Like x 1
  3. Tindival New Player

Sorry still a newb (only played for the 1st couple of months when game came out on ps3 before the hack so this is all new to me) when it comes to the armories thing.... just to clarify...

I can go set my charc up with the powers and weapon skills I want for dps and store in armory 1

then pay the $500 to respec

setup up a 2nd loadout in 2nd armory with powers and weapon skills I want for role (tank / heal / troll depending on power)

Now anytime I want to switch I can and never have to pay the $$ to switch my powers / weapon skills?
  4. Tacca Well-Known Player

Armouries can only be used for the power you have chosen, you cannot switch between powers, its just an easy way of switching between dps and support role. If you change power then the armoury becomes invalid until you imprint again or switch powers.
    • Like x 1
  5. Delta796th Loyal Player

http://dcuniverseonline.wikia.com/wiki/Armory

You can only set up armories in the current power. You get 1 armory free, but need (2) to make it work
    Once you have imprinted the styles, skill points, power points etc...they stay in that armory and you can switch back and forth without additional in game cash.

Example would be my Light toon:
    Armory #1 Is full DPS
    Armory #2 Is Troller (full troll gear, but spec'd to do more damage with SP and mods)
    Armory #3 Is PVP troller
    • Like x 1
  6. Drathmor Unwavering Player

you can spec your toon however you wish and many of us have a armory for a battle role spec and they are usefull in any thing but end game raids in them you should really be speced for the role you are preforming
    • Like x 2
  7. bmce84 Loyal Player

You can set up to 4 armories, you can have any type of build you like as long as it's of the same power, so you can't have a Sorcery DPS in one armory and a Light troll in the other. Armories can also save styles for each build, so you can change your looks for each one. The things you need to keep in mind are:
    1-You must update the armory every time you make any changes to a build, so if you find a new piece of gear then you must save it in the armory or when you change then the new piece will be sent to the bank.
    2-If you change powers then you can't use an armory until it's updated with the new power.
    3-You can't have more than 10 unused SP in your toon or else the armory wont work until it's updated.
    4-Armories are independent to base generators, so you don't need to keep it powered for them to work.
    • Like x 1
  8. Tindival New Player

Thanks everyone!!! I apologize for the wording of my question... I knew you couldn't switch power with respec (have to get the full power switch)... when I said powers I just meant the abilities within your chosen power!!!

This is great news, it was the 1 thing that the group I play with was saying this game lacked!