Truth about Weapon Mastery

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ComicsKid, May 30, 2016.

1. HideTheBodies Loyal Player

I think WM is nerfed in arenas.

Edit: According to Talve:

2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

So I've been cutting myself short this whole time ( I have WM specced on bow for giggles).

Interesting.

To the respec station!
  3. it_was_Friday Dedicated Player

I see. I understand. I am familiar with Gadgets power back AM. Even so, I suggest a weapon. But is it the case that a Celestial can power rotate infinitely if done correctly?
  4. Derio 15000 Post Club

As long as they have PoT from the controller in a raid setting yes. Or in a duo or solo as long as enemies are dying.
  5. it_was_Friday Dedicated Player

Just like when I DPS with Gadgets. So then there are times a weapon is useful or required, and it is best not to put all your eggs in one basket... unless you have multiple baskets you keep switching your eggs to. (Armory loadouts)
  6. Kroye Loyal Player

Chuck Norris doesnt unlock WM.

Just saying....
    • Like x 1
  7. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

As I said earlier in this thread, if you unlock WM you get 20% weapon crit damage on any weapon so that's fine. You only get the 5% when using the combo AM without WM unlocked, and you need to use a melee weapon with it to get the additional 15% for a total of 20%. If you want to use Bow, unlock WM to get the full 20% or you are stuck at 5%.

It's the same for Rage and Light.
  8. ComicsKid Committed Player

so much back and forth but still no clear answer as to whether or not I should DPS with weapon mastery or if I'll do more damage without it unlocked and just using my powers and hand blasters
  9. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Your AM will do more damage than Weapon Mastery. Since you are Celestial, do NOT unlock Weapon Mastery. I hope that helps and is clear. :)
  10. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I dunno with everyone saying the same thing as you ..sounds like hocus pocus to me
  11. megamanzero Loyal Player

no. not at all
  12. megamanzero Loyal Player

it doesn't matter. the bonuses add up to be the same
  13. HideTheBodies Loyal Player

If only there were some way to test different specs and rotations...
  14. Impulsively Committed Player

• Like x 1
  15. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Here is the best explanation I've seen:
    So, make sure you have a "melee weapon" equipped and don't bother with the WM SP. Not certain which weapons are considered melee, but I know for sure that 2H and Brawling are included in the list. I think 1H, DW and MA are, too, but they have higher hitcount thresholds, so maybe not.
  16. Absolix Loyal Player

Hand Blasters, Rifle, Dual Pistols, and Bow are the only ranged weapons. Everything else is considered a melee weapon.
    • Like x 1
  17. Backseid Devoted Player

There is no reason for ANY DPS, regardless of Powerset, to use Weapon Mastery anymore.

All Weapon combos, (non WM) were buffed a while ago.

WM is now only useful for Support Stance.
  18. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

years ago you could wear precision based PvP gear in PvE...you had no def but your life and precision was raised by insane amounts...red precision mods plus relentless precision mod in your necklace..."Explosive Shot" does not even begin to describe the slaughter you could do...
  19. it_was_Friday Dedicated Player

Okay... I got you.

No one answering you is wrong. However, how numbers are intepretted matters. The most important thing about these stats is how they are applied.

Numbers are provide a theoretical projection. It depends how you play, and what you play. Some answers above do state this already.

You may not have mastered the Celestial AM patterns, and if not done right, you do not get the max benefit most people are talking about. If you have your own Power source, a Controller in the group, get Power back from enemies (in the world, solos, and duos)... as a Celestial DPS you need not worry about using your weapon. And if using a weapon you do less damage per second, if you have a superpower rotation mastered.

But if you don't have a supply of Power, you will want a weapon.

And then most likely Weapon Mastery. Even if you don't WM combo, but get the 21st point in to get other benefits. (Like inherent stat increases at the bottom of the tree.)

So I do agree that any answer telling you to skip WM altogether is a bit fishy, and I wish you the best of luck.
  20. ComicsKid Committed Player

So i ran a solo with and without WM. It was the Science Sphere solo instance. I did about 1.7mil damage with WM and 1.6mil editor it. So i don't really see much of a difference considering i was a bit sloppy not being used to fighting without the WM.
    So i don't get the difference