Pets in new raid

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by pitbullb3, May 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BumblingB I got better.

In a Pet class DPS defense, it's not like you lose your rotation if your pet dies. You have to resummon it, which costs power and time, while other classes that bump their rotation can breakout or just start over. The resummoning can also lag and/or ge interrupted which you have to wait for the cooldown to retry it again.
  2. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Why is it wrong to want to get the most out of your power? If the OP has a pet mechanic then he should have the right to worry if the pet is dying easier than normal.
    Since mostly every single power in the game has one way to use it to get the most, this is a legitimate concern. Would you rather an Earf DPS be sitting there Jackhammering all raid long since his crystal is squish? Didn't think so.
    • Like x 3
  3. Kreachure Committed Player

4. Beefiest Cakes Committed Player

Now this is what's wrong with the community right here. OP comes to the forums to ask a specific question and people like you try to shame him. He's obviously beaten the raid and teamwork isn't an issue. Have you two beaten the raid? I'm gonna go with a no.

Maybe you guys should chill with DPS hate and move along if you have nothing relevant to say.
    • Like x 2
  5. Beefiest Cakes Committed Player

It's because they're the cancer of the forum.
  6. Rekn Well-Known Player

Pet Control Learn It!!!!

You can get your pet to move you just have to know how, which I thought was common knowledge.

Several fights where I need to get my pet out of trouble I untarget and move and wa la your pet will follow right behind....but if you keep a target then the pet will keep attacking.
    • Like x 1
  7. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

A Healer who overheals to try to look good on the scoreboard will hurt the team.
    They will burn/waste power just to try to look good on the scoreboard.

The job of the Healer is not to be top of the scoreboard in healing out.

It is to keep the group alive.

A Healer that overheals may end up killing the group if they make the Troll run out of power.

Yes... one of the DPS job is to put out damage.
    But at the end of the day... the REAL job of the DPS (or anyone else in the group for that matter) is to help the group complete the mission.
    So for a DPS.... yes it may mean doing TOP damage.
    But it might also mean doing less damage if it means picking up his fallen teammates.
    It may mean less damage if it means picking up a healing barrel.
    It may mean less damage if it means activating consoles and all that good stuff.

Sadly...... in DCUO too many players are scoreboard chasers that end up hurting the group in the end.
    In another thread the subject of DCUO players not being team players came uo.
    Scoreboard chasers are pretty much the text book definition of players who are NOT team players.

At the end of the day.... the numbers on the scoreboard don't matter.
    What really SHOULD matter is whether the group can complete the mission.
  8. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Lol, trolls.
  9. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Actually it is only about 50%. The other 50% is from flip slash.
    • Like x 2
  10. Captin Raptor Well-Known Player

thats all well and good, but none of that is even close to anything the op said.
  11. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Just asking, but did you quickly respawn the pet or stand back and have it actually come out. Don't target while you respawn your pet. Sometimes, and this happens with robot sidekick, it will spawn and go up to a boss and die. Something about the button being pressed to quickly or something.
  12. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Quickly respawned pet. The biggest problem i have is not noticing the pet died until after i cast the power back mechanic. As a healer it's worse, because i will cast offering, and expect to see big group heals, and watch as players hp bars barely move, because watcher has died
  13. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

You brought up the "healer" argument. I was answering YOU. :confused:
  14. inferno Loyal Player

That doesn't always work. There are several instances where I would deliberately switch targets (and attack) to prioritize and realize that fury or crystal is still at the earlier target. It takes a while for him to move over and in these raids that time could be enough to get him killed.
  15. inferno Loyal Player

The worst scenario is when the pet's bar doesn't appear with him and you have no idea if he's still alive in that whole ruckus. The only way to find out is to move out of the immediate area and see if anything is following you, which of course takes time (where things could go wrong very badly).
    • Like x 1
  16. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

This is just more proof the pet idea was a bad idea.. And that they should have listened to people like me lacedog dogico and pretty much the majority of the earth guys on this forum. Who originally wanted an aftershock advanced mechanic.. Over the pet.... You aren't in control of your pet but you are in control of your own damage out... Aftershocks would have been and still would be better... Plus you wouldn't have the duo alert and add wave dps upset they are losing on the scoreboard cause your advanced mechanic (the pet) is front loaded and melts everything before other people advanced mechanics have time to shine....

Sadly they listened to the few people on here that were earth that wanted pets more viable for dps... ...and now this is what we got
  17. Tsigalko Well-Known Player

the thing is, pet-base dps has always been at an advantage. they can block to anticipate big hits from bosses while the pet still deal damage. they can do switches while their pet deal dmg. they can revive fallen teamates while their pet deal damage. basically they can do all these "other stuffs" to help with the raid mechanic without sacrificing too much dmg output, while other powers (except maybe ice) will have to totally re-do their AM rotation. so even if ur pet died and u have to re-cast it few time it shouldn't be much of an issue asuming u have a good troll in the group.

as for healers :

haven't played sorc healer in pve in a while, but cmiiw, u shouldn't use offering to give power to your watcher. afaik, ritualistic word works exactly the same like offering as in it give pot to ur pet, but it also a 3-man moderate instant group heal. u should use that for powering ur watcher, not offering. unless they changed this in these past month.. and sorc actually can perform quite well without watcher. circle is pretty nice for HoT, bad karma is a very good for passive healing, boon is a good group shield, and it has few good instant heal powers. yes watcher helps healing a bit easier, but losing ur watcher for a few seconds won't hurt ur team too much if u play it right. if ur group died, im sure its not because the absence of ur watcher. they probably get 1-shotted which u can't do anything about it anyway.
    • Like x 1
  18. Captin Raptor Well-Known Player

yeah but i brought it up under the context of the conversation we were having about the op's statements. I just kind of assumed that your response would have something to do with that.
  19. Tikkun Loyal Player

Tell your pets not to stand in the fire!
    • Like x 2
  20. Stamen Dedicated Player

To answer your question, I am having a harder time keeping pets healed. I think the rooms are small the AOE's from bosses wide and painful, and of course the pets are stupid. So there's that.....

If your pet is dying a lot ask your healer if she's throwing good AOE heals on it. Because I doubt seriously too many players can keep them up without help in there.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.