Man in the mask - The Flash

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Multiverse Wanderer, May 12, 2016.

1. DarkLadyAthena Dedicated Player

Details. We're talking a show where time travel and travelling to other dimensions happens all the time. Besides, we haven't actually seen Atlantis yet, or the Earth-2 Papa Allen. Why should we believe he has ever been to Atlantis? It could simply be a trick to make us stop guessing it's him.

Could be, but I hope not. I think a big reveal would only work if we get hints early on, so we have a slight chance of guessing who it is. But we also need fake hints to throw us off the track. We have gotten those hints already leaning towards Hal Jordan, but there hasn't been any hints towards any other Green Lanterns. So if it's a GL and not Hal, it could be anyone. Superman? Batman? Metallo? Earth-5 Cisco? It would just be a pointless reveal for shock value, not something they've built up to.
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Totally called it
  3. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Kinda, different Jay (shipp from E3), is not the same as the first (yes raining on ur parade :p)
    Are we going to have flashpoint paradox for season 3 now?:D
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Well I still said Henrys earth 2 doppelganger so ha lol
  5. The Quickster Well-Known Player

OMFG that season finale, they actually did it, theyre gonna do a version of Flashpoint. So. MUCH. HYPE!!!
  6. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

He's E3
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

And you ruined it again. In my defense I didn't actually watch it I just saw spoilers on fb. I'll see it tomorrow on Hulu.
  8. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

Case closed can this thread die now please?
  9. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

U shouldn't have posted till u seen it then trouble maker :p
  10. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

There is no way they would have had the 'original' Flush without him being a version of the Flush at some point (only problem is, they showed him in the 'proper' Flush's costume during that Dimensional Tunnel Vision scene, wonder if they will go back and do a 'George Lucas' and change it showing him in this new outfit)
  11. Ashrode Well-Known Player

But that's an alternate Barry Allen, as that's another universe entirely.

They made a comment a while back that they were not going to name Supergirl's universe "Earth-3" because every universe has a specific designation in the comics and they wanted to be consistent. Wouldn't surprise me at all if we soon end up with a retcon switching the numbering, so Jay's universe is Earth-2 and the "mirror universe" (I'm blaming Black Siren for that one) is Earth-3. Now, if only they can get the Legends over to "Earth-3"...
  12. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

No, that wasn't an alternate Barry Allen, that was the real Jay Garrick

How would they retcon Earth-2 into Earth-3? Go back and have every mention of it re-dubbed? And why? Because Hunter travelled to Jay's world before he found Earth-1?
  13. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Did you 'shiny-up' Jay's helmet in your sig? Watched the episode and was waiting for it to get a polish but even when he zipped back to E-2 it was still a dull silver, and not a shiny copper
  14. Ashrode Well-Known Player

No, Jay Garrick is the man in the iron mask and the Flash of Earth-3, the man we saw in the dimensional breach in episode 13 (I assume that's what you were talking about with the George Lucas costume replacement comment) was the Barry Allen of the 90s TV show and from another universe entirely. There's nothing wrong with what was depicted, what you were seeing was Earth-4, or Earth-5, or whatever they called it. Two different Flashes, no need for a costume change.

And no, you don't redub it, you just change the system. If you retcon something in the comics you don't go back and republish every comic ever made. Just have Jay Garrick redefine the system in Season 3 (or hopefully have the Legends and the JSA do some universe hopping and come up with the system themselves and confuse everyone, have Jay cameo and note the complications and decide on the new system).
  15. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Not to derail but, isn't Supergirl earth 3?
  16. Ashrode Well-Known Player

No, they very deliberately didn't attach a number to it. As I mentioned above they've said they are being very particular over what they name each universe to make sure they vaguely correspond to the comics numbering, which is why I wonder if they'll flip their Earth-2/3 choice because they've seemingly got them the wrong way round thanks to their plot twist.
  17. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Yes, but they were played by the same guy

What? They have been calling Zoom's earth, Earth-2 from the beginning (as in, as soon as they discovered it), are they going to tell Hairy "Sorry, but we have decided to rename your world 'Earth -3', you're cool with that, right?"
  18. Ashrode Well-Known Player

So is Henry Allen, doesn't mean they are all the same person. Doppelgangers across the multiverse certainly, but not the same person or universe.

As for renaming, they almost certainly could if they wanted to. Harry has already pointed out it is a fairly pointless system as "your Earth-Two is my Earth-One". If anyone is going to know what sticks it will be somebody from the future post-crisis looking back knowing what was finally decided on... before it was all destroyed of course.
  19. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Well, duh! Of course they are not 'the same person', but at least two of them are: Bazza's dad (the one who died) said that his mother's maiden name was Garrick, which makes him a Garrick, and quite likely E-2 's Henry Allen is also a 'Garrick' (makes me wonder though, why didn't Hunter kill or do something naughty with his Henry Allen?)
  20. Lantern KnightFall Active Player

Im just waiting for season two to be on netflix. Shouldn't they make a Green Lantern version of the flash and arrow?