Pugging getting worse

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Morsy808, May 18, 2016.

1. Morsy808 Committed Player

General pick up groups. I LFG'd myself as available by posting my cr/sp and was invited to a group. Recognised one guy so figured it couldn't be so bad. How wrong I was. XD
  2. Morsy808 Committed Player

Thats the thing, me and one other were posting in the chatpad to roll/block and to hit pods. Even went as far as to arrange dps to target specific pods. We practically spoonfed them but they never listened/weren't concentrating, being arrogant and abusive. Was horrific.

I'd say you are pretty fortunate with that fail rate. My experience with pugging lately has been a horror show in many instances.
  3. DEMONIZER1 Loyal Player

Just coming back from a long time away from game and for the first time the pugs that I've been in have all been really good...

First time I've ever said this in 5 years!

IA ARMY
  4. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Sometimes you or someone in the group have to quarterback the instance. Have to get on the mic sometimes. I hardly fail any raids man, i think most times players try to run like they do with their leagues
  5. Morsy808 Committed Player

Tried that, but my deep voice makes it hard for people to understand me on my crappy turtle beach. Need a better headset.
    • Like x 1
  6. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

Raids have got so bad. You can't even do feats in easy raids any more. OP dps trying to kill everything to get to the top without even caring about a feat.
  7. ApacheTribe Well-Known Player

I'm glad you've had this experience. The only thing I'll say is that sometimes because players are over geared for the content it can mask the issues of incompetence, inattentiveness or inexperience that may be going on. And I don't mean the over geared-ness of the "bad" player. I mean the over geared/skilled ability of the good players.

For instance a high resto, skilled healer saving the lives of dps that wont block or want to melee bosses or be first to the next set of adds scoreboard chasing.

The real test of PuGs is in content where they AREN'T significantly overgeared and have to rely on teamwork, etc.
    • Like x 1
  8. Entrust Committed Player

In my experience the pug/lfg players are getting better. I almost exclusively pug, & I have a fairly high success/completion rate.

I do NOT use on-duty menu to que into end-game, heavy mechanic (UMr), or elite alerts/raids.

Use of the lfg channel is a good way to filter out many of the inexperienced players. The better the lfg message is written "usually" means a better group.
  9. Joybird Committed Player

I also find the opposite is true. People who ask questions get as much abuse as people who give suggestions. One of the reasons so many puggers can't handle complex mechanics is that they're not allowed to ask any questions.

I'll often just throw out a few tips for a fight before each boss, so that people don't feel like they're being singled out if I say so after. If someone starts behaving like a jerk, I look at it as an opportunity to improve my /ignore list.
  10. ObsceneBoy Committed Player

I'm so thankful I got to experience the game the right way, only just tho. I started just before origin crisis hit, and as many say, thats when things began to change. As a new player I scratched and clawed my way up to t4 before joining my league, back when pugging wasn't so bad, and you could actually learn from the vets. Of course there were bad eggs back then too, but it's nothing compared to today's pugs.

I feel sorry for them honestly. I mean I know it's just a game at the end of the day, but to most of us it's a hobby that we've put so much time and money into, and I like to feel proud of what I've built up over the years. This new generation are missing out.
    • Like x 1
  11. Morsy808 Committed Player

To be fair, I have been guilty of this, steamrolling early content for styles. I ask before raid if anyone needs feats, but if nobody types in the box, its a simple case of "don't ask, don't get". As you can no doubt appreciate, more experienced players would have spent hours in this older content, so would rather not hang around longer than necessary.

One solution to this... walk in tps for content outside of relevancy. Even better if they appeared in base tp list.
  12. Morsy808 Committed Player

So am I. Around the same time as me I believe. I believe I started just after origin crisis hit. Its vital to claw your way up. It makes me appreciate being as strong as I am now. Also means I have a good handle on mechanics and boss tells. Being able to read a bosses tells was vital for me being a tank before starting a troll toon.
  13. JohnDC New Player

Hate to say it but a lot of times when I pug people in a group seem to be from Brazil just stand around, can't speak to them, completely lost after 3 wipes I leave, no sense in staying.

I try to be fair, but they just don't understand, they aren't even playing so why did they que up?

14. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

I was helping a friend in Love&War. Everybody was on instant chat. Me and my friends explain the feat. But nope elitest noobs just didn't care
  15. Morsy808 Committed Player

Been there. Was helping a bud get one piece the other day on his alt to save buying it across. Explained at start it was 50 pointer and the players didn't have it.

One said "cba" and another said "just kill". We bailed and got a league run instead. I don't want to contribute to carrying such players for them to end up in end game content not knowing what they are doing, stinking up the place with their lack of experience, which shouldn't exist in t7.

By the time players get to t7, nobody should need basic mechanics explained to them. L&W was one of the first raids to feature one shot skull moves. Its a vital learning exercise, which should not be skipped with o.p groups.
    • Like x 1
  16. PhantomFox New Player

Wait, Brazilians play PVE content now?- :p
    ~

I'm honestly not surprised at the seeming influx of clueless high-level players Been leveling a new toon almost exclusively through PUGs and can only think of a single T6 alert where we were all at-level rather than vastly OP. Those who stick to pugging are probably so used to being carried that they might not even realize that instances require mechanics other than "open the door to stay ahead of the group" lol. The Leeroy Jenkins mentality is strong these days.

(not complaining about high-levels running lower content btw, just making an observation)
  17. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

T8 will be a field day when it comes to pugs
  18. TheArmorsmith Dedicated Player

I agree its really isn't that bad...I prefer PUGS since for me they usually get done. I've seen LFG just as bad or worst than what people describe in PUG's the best solution is to run with your league. At lease people will know who is capable of what.
    • Like x 1
  19. AverageJoe Dedicated Player

Yeah pugging gets a bad wrap. But when its bad its bad...and when its good they are really good. I think people might be lucky running pugs while others aren't. I at times would go weeks with pugs that are bad a$$es while then the following week I'll run into a few terrible groups. Usually the pugs sort itself out with people leaving or being kicked. By it based off performance which I'm glad the scoreboard is there or CR which people will and have start kicking about.