Can we have new animations for nature powers please?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Shark Dental, May 13, 2016.

1. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Maybe it's just because spring is in the air, maybe it's the shiny new base decorations, but is it just me or do the animations for nature seem kind of outdated and unattractive? I get that they like to include thorns to talk about the damage aspects of the plants, but I think it would be a lot more fun to play if the vines were touched up a bit. A few more flowers or color maybe, some floating leaves in the air as they shoot out, a more jungle colored green, these are just a few ideas I think would work.

I understand that they can't include too many textures because of fpm, etc. but some additional details would be much appreciated. Custom colored vines would be even better, but probably not possible (you can't customize the colors of any of the other powers either, so that's understandable).
    • Like x 1
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

The animations are the main reason I refuse to try nature. It looks like you're throwing dead plants at people.
    • Like x 4
  3. Joybird Committed Player

At the very least, they could find alternatives for bug form. After all, they made ice armor not look horrible.
    • Like x 1
  4. JasonIsley Devoted Player

I would be happy if they replaced Insect Form with a Tree Form.
    • Like x 2
  5. Cyro Committed Player

Nature by far has the worst effects in the game
    • Like x 1
  6. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

While their at it they should do the following:

Make us able to produce a beam of light and fire it at folks, this could replace impaling thorns and they can call it photosynthesis
    They can replace thorn burst with a move where we swirl a bunch of petals around ourselves and call it petal rush.
    They can replace voracious plants and replace it with an attack where we throw a bunch of sharp leaves at our our foe, they can call this razor assault.
    They should replace vine lash and turn it into a more whip like attack and call it vine whip.
  7. Rammy Well-Known Player

I personally like the animations. They don't make it difficult for tanks to see what's going on or give people headaches unlike quantum.
  8. Pults Loyal Player

Don't expect anything more than an animation imrovements a subtle one at that.
    • Like x 1
  9. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

*sighs* but I wanted to be a pokemon.
  10. Shark Dental Devoted Player

They also don't make it difficult for you to want to throw up, lol. But, of course, I respect your opinion, to each his own. I just think something a little more jungle-like with some flowers or leaves would be a bigger appeal than dead thorns and a flat disc of brown, lol.
  11. Warlock Well-Known Player

THIS!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!

This would work.... it would be fun to have tree form!
    • Like x 1
  12. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

But vine lash is from the game alpha design where all powers could play any role, that was nature's pull move. Sad really they dropped that ball. :(
  13. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

Fine they can keep vine lash as is and just change the description to refer to it as a whip like move.

Than add all the other changes I mentioned.... than I can run around and pretend to be a grass pokemon.
    • Like x 1
  14. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

They should drop shaping changing from Nature and create a new power around that feature. Just my thought on this..
  15. Joybird Committed Player

Actually, it occurred to me that there's an easy fix. Just add the power return mechanic to Hive Mind when we're in healer stance. There, done. Now we can wear our costumes. People who like the form still get the crit bonuses and the special handblasters.
  16. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Like separate Flora and Fauna into two different power sets? I would pay them more money to have that done.
  17. Joybird Committed Player

They already sort of dropped "shape changing". What is now "Fauna" used to be called "Shapechanging".
  18. JasonIsley Devoted Player

I know, just in my opinion I think they should be completely separate. You have one tree dedicated to plant manipulation and another dedicated to animal mimicry. The Nature power set stands out like a sore thumb when you compare it to most of the other power sets. Why not separate them into two in a future expansion? I think it would be really entertaining to see new beast forms.