Nature and Bloom?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by spookyboo, May 5, 2016.

1. Rammy Well-Known Player

And here are the most common arguments to those.
    1. The pushback is a crowd control effect. The adds can breakout giving them immunity making the tank and trolls jobs harder.
    2. The Empowered Channeling mod adds 15 percent defense, not exactly indestructible when your talking about healer defense stats. The mod also takes your hand slot meaning no Regenative Shielding mod. That mod has saved me more times than I can count.
    3. Yes it's powerful but the speed of bloom is terrible. How many group members will have either popped their sodas or died by the time the big heal happened? Clipping multiple instant heals simply works faster.
    4. If you have to jump cancel Bloom your group still needs to be healed. This means you used a lot of power for little effect and put your group danger.

I can't speak for everyone but I do understand how to use it. To me the negatives of the move by far outweigh the benefits.

I know this is off-topic but I have a few questions for you Captain JackDaniels. I've always picked one form and stayed in it when I'm healing so I'm curious is there any benefit other than extra loadout spots? Since you have to have change to bug and return to human for that you effectively have 10 spots instead of 6. You can have all 4 pheromone layers and have 2 spots left over in only one form so what do you use the extra spots for? Are those extra 4 slots worth the time and power cost to change forms?
    • Like x 1
  2. Hillsmae Active Player

^this is how people die
  3. Captain JackDaniels Well-Known Player

Rammy, the extra slots are only for Blossom, you can use other powers if you wish but I only switch back and forth quickly when I need Blossom for pick-ups or Tank emergencies.

I think some of the issues have to do with New players not being properly modded or low SP. Believe me todays nature is not the same as three years ago, the game has changed. This works for me in all instances especially for no dying feats. It's up to you how you choose to play but I'm tired of the bad rap Bloom gets, it really is that good when you know what your doing.

Peace!
  4. Rammy Well-Known Player

Since I can't quote your responses to my post I'm going to have to type them out.

"Imunnity is only to me, trash adds are dead before Imunnity takes place anyway."
    I'm not understanding what you meant here. Do you think adds only become immune to CC from the person who used it on them? When an add breaks out of a CC effect they become immune to everyone's CC abilities for a few seconds not just who used it. Tanks complain all the time about dps stunning adds because they can't pull them, it's the same thing.

"RS is useless, it's only for you and blossom does the same thing better. Also EC make you immune to interuption, that means when you get hit, everything bounces off you and you take NO DAMAGE. Only Boss AOE's can hurt you. TRUST ME it's OP"
    RS is far from useless. Swarm Shield is useable while controlled. With RS Swarm Shield can heal and shield you and shield others while you are stunned or getting thrown around. Even though healer shields aren't the best you're still protected for at least 3 seconds or damage equal to 125 percent of your resto. Doing this, to me at least, is better than giving adds CC immunity and knocking them all over the place since it makes it more difficult for tanks and trolls to put the adds in one spot for the dps.

"Nature's Pheromones are so strong that all you have is time, as long as your HOT's are up and you are not spamming Bloom it truly is a game changer. The main reason for Bloom is to keep you alive, It works for me and allows me to stay alive and HEAL longer than without"
    The HOT's from pheromones aren't nearly as strong as you're saying. It takes all 4 layers for the HOT to equal Sorcery's Circle. They definitely add up but won't be enough by themselves. Swarm Shield with RS + communication with the tank/troll are just as effective at keeping yourself alive but won't interfere with what everyone else is doing.

If Bloom works for you then go for it. I won't be using it anytime soon or recommend it to anyone though. I personally think it's not worth the risks that come with it since clipping instant heals is faster and just more effective.
  5. Captain JackDaniels Well-Known Player

It's all good, my point is and always will be that in the right hands Bloom is a very effective tool in a competent healer loadout.
  6. Rammy Well-Known Player

This post is a few years old but it's the only one I could find with Sorcery's base healing numbers.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/how-to-play-a-healer.1006/

At the bottom of post 5 SuperSkull has a chart of base healing numbers. The Nature numbers are still the same ones in Sore's guide with the exception of Harvest. Not 100 percent sure if Sorcery's numbers are still the same but I can't remember hearing about any nerfs to it. Each pheromone has a base healing of 1-3 so all 4 would be 4-12. Circle's base numbers are 12-16. Now that Circle's cooldown is the same as it's length the only thing pheromones have that Circle doesn't is the fact they aren't field powers. Sucks that a power based on lots HOT's doesn't have the strongest.