Nature and Bloom?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by spookyboo, May 5, 2016.

1. spookyboo Well-Known Player

I've noticed a sharp rise in end game users 160+ using bloom - Am i missing something? Bloom is properly most useless nature power with its animation time. There been any recent changes i'm not aware? This is similar to invocation of renewal.

thanks
  2. SrirachaMayn Well-Known Player

no, nothing new with bloom. just like you, i dont see much use for it either. especially while in bug form. funny thing is, most nature healers that i see using it, spam it when no heals are even needed. which leads me to believe that most of these players dont know how to play the powerset properly.
    • Like x 3
  3. VioletSorceress Committed Player

+1.

Also, Bloom and Harvest share same pheromone stack and should not be used together. Which means that players should always choose Harvest over Bloom.

As for Sorcery players should always pick Soul Siphon over Invocation of Renewal.
  4. Hillsmae Active Player

People at 160+ still don't know what they are doing. That's all.
  5. Castrato Well-Known Player

You can jump cancel the animation of bloom and Bloom and harvest don't share the same pheromone.
    • Like x 4
  6. TipOfTheIceBerg New Player

following because I didn't think they shared the same either. I mean I know people say they cancel one anothers phara stack but can someone in fact clarify this.....
  7. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

They do share the same pheromone.

Loadout should be: Savage Growth, Metabolism, Bloom / Harvest / Cross Poll.....

Bloom vs. Harvest... Harvest is a smaller burst heal with lower healing. Bloom starts off smaller but increases the longer you hold the animation. If you are a second healer, Bloom is good to have over Harvest.

Cross Poll is great if you run BBS for example, when more players health is healed, the next healing for the next player is higher. I run cross poll on harder content in place of Regeneration if needed.

If you want super healing go SG, Met, and Cross Poll, all can be clipped.
  8. Rammy Well-Known Player

Sore's guide says Bloom and Cross pollination override, not Bloom and harvest. It was changed when bug form got it's power back added from Metabolism and Harvest overriding. Not sure where everyone is getting Bloom and Harvest from.
    • Like x 2
  9. Twelve Gauge Committed Player

I've tested it, bloom and cross pollination will overwrite eachother. Not harvest.
    Its a simple teset, use one then check your current effects tab, see that it is in effect, then use the other and check the tab again, you should only see the effect of the last one you used. One overwrote the other. Simple.

Amazing how many people spout off "facts" that never even bothered testing it themselves.

As for using bloom, Its a playstyle choice, i personally prefer cross pol but, i've known more than a few nature healers who ran bloom and they were damn good with it because they knew how to use it correctly.
    Bloom does have better range and better heals than cross pol, you just need to learn how and when to use it.
    • Like x 1
  10. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Absolutely correct. I think it used to share the same stack but Sore campaigned for this change.
  11. DaBeama Well-Known Player

Someone please explain to when someone doesn't do the same thing everyone else doing then that person is doing something wrong? I use bloom for two reasons.1) the big heal at the end of the animation time 2) in conjunction with the empowered channeling equipment mod. I personally hate using wave heals.
  12. Hillsmae Active Player

:eek:
  13. Rammy Well-Known Player

Actually the change happened because Harvest's stun was changed to an aoe. It was Metabolism that harvest used to override. Everyone wanted to use harvest with that change but didn't want to give up a clippable heal as good as metabolism. Since most players used either cross poll OR bloom and very few used both it so was changed to that. Bloom and harvest have never overridden each other.

It's not that using bloom is wrong, it's just more difficult to use well with not really much extra benefit. It's possible to use multiple instant heals in the same amount time it takes to get one bloom out. Bug form's power back makes the difference in power costs between using bloom or multiple instant heals a non-issue. The fact that bloom isn't instant also means you need to anticipate damage instead of reacting to it like most players are used to. The fact that a home turf mod is needed to ensure you can actually finish casting it every time doesn't help. Most players would rather have regenative shielding or max damage in that slot.
  14. Joybird Committed Player

It's not that Bloom is good in itself. What it adds is another pheromone stack that synergizes well with Harvest, so it's nice in a Harvest build. Cross Poll is better in alerts, but I find it really unpredictable in raids. So, Bloom can be a good choice for the dedicated Harvest build in a raid.
  15. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

It's not that they're doing something wrong, it's that they're ignoring the mechanics of the powerset. Using heals like you're doing isn't wrong, but it completely ignores Pheromones mechanic and treats them like HoTs. Harvest and Blossom give extra heals for all the pheromone stacks out.

Using other methods is like an ice dps not using Arctic Gust or Avalanche, or a Fire DPS not using Fireburst/Flame Cascade, or a Mental DPS not using Mass Terror/Mass Lev, etc. It's not wrong to use the rest of the tree, but it's not using the special mechanics that were set up.
    • Like x 2
  16. DaBeama Well-Known Player

Bloom also adds to the stack. I don't use CP.
  17. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

You can get up to 3..

Normal form I use SG, Met, and Bloom.

I clip the first two and than hit bloom.

Go bug form and hit Harvest every 8 seconds or so. HOT stay up and than I use SG or Met when extra heals are needed. I keep Hive Mind on cool down and use Swarm shield as needed.

Lately I have gotten bored and been doing more healing in normal form. Just like my DPS side, I decided changing forms was getting boring, so I removed them from my loadout but can add them back fairly quick.

I will state this, I am able to get my Nature DPS to produce the same DPS value as my ICE DPS. But that requires Wolf in melee with 3 DOTs all active. The thing is though it takes almost a full 30 seconds to hit that value whereas my Ice toon gets that damage in the first 10 seconds.
  18. Rammy Well-Known Player

You can get 4 layers of pheromones.
    1.Savage growth
    2.Metabolism
    3.Harvest
    4.Cross poll or Bloom
    Harvest gets a boost from it's own pheromone as well.
    • Like x 1
  19. DCUO ENTHUSIAST Dedicated Player

This guys gets it
    ^
    • Like x 1
  20. Captain JackDaniels Well-Known Player

HOLD ON EVERYBODY, BLOOM IS OP and here is why.

1. It pushes adds away from you, keeping you alive longer.
    2. With IC mod in hands, you will be almost indestructible when using bloom, Adds and Bosses will bounce off of you if they lunge you.
    3. It will fill almost everyone's health up in group when fully utilized.
    4.Yes you can jump cancel when needed, but you won't get the big heal at end.

I do understand there are a lot of people who don't understand how to use Bloom properly, but when used correctly in a loadout, Bloom is actually an OP move.

No it doesn't interfere with any other power.
    My loadout utilizes both human and bug switching back and forth to utilize all effective powers.

Try it out, it's fun and really awesome at keeping groups alive!!!