New alternate form of progression.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by coldchilln88, May 2, 2016.

1. ErnieB Loyal Player

People need to stop expecting an XP based system, that wouldn't fit this game, specially with Mepps saying gear will still matter for CR when they changed to stats, whatever it will be they'll make sure you need a lot of replay for it to matter, and will be RNG heavy.
  2. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

Torikumu for president... Yes
    • Like x 2
  3. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

Boooo.
    • Like x 3
  4. ChromeWarriorXTC Loyal Player

Hmm xp based system? Could work (gets out wallet to buy alot of xp booster boxes and counts all the add he can kill)
    • Like x 1
  5. Pults Loyal Player

One think I noticed about that "event" was that whilst I received my one guaranteed rare drop I didn't reveice two or three which to be frank did happen a lot for me. Not if the event guaranteed an omnipotence item, that would be grand. Overall this "event" wasn't great for me prersonally it was worse than regular RNG.
    • Like x 2
  6. masso9112 Well-Known Player

This please, THIS!.. I hate feats for SP.
    • Like x 2
  7. darkscarletx Loyal Player

And yet they might lose a player because I grow exhausted from the way the progression is made. And always ask us money even after paying my monthly sub. Even give us a weekend appreciation again with gears and get money.
    The gear chase and the way a player can level up from level 30 to end game in a week is not right. People are bored with nothing to do except the SM and seasonal events but they are not there often. I rather like the progression system with xp because it add more longevity and stability to the game. But if it stay that way, sorry but I'm tired. I invested a lot of money in dcuo but i feel I'm throwing my money by the window for no new UI, no events, no open worlds. I don't know why all my money is not making the game better and just keep it that way. Nothing new in MP with pets, styles, etc. Nothing added in pvp. The game could be much better.

Maybe in the future it will change, but for now I play ffxiv. I just lost interest. That is feedback.
    • Like x 4
  8. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

This is another reason, why the community in game is all so rude, they don't like the game as it is they use it mostly for socialing, standing around phase shifter, little bohemia, since it's no true character progression like most mmo games.
    • Like x 2
  9. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Ugh,

If it is XP based and DBG uses this as an XP booster money gamble, I will be pissed. I have to say it.
    • Like x 2
  10. Supergirly Dedicated Player

How would buying a exp booster be different than buying a replay badge?

How can spending 5 hours on a level, be different then playing 3 raids?

RNG is part of EVERY SINGLE MMO ever made. Think about that. WoW has drops, right? Rift has drops, right? SWTOR has drops, right? Are you saying that you do not want drops from anything anymore?

These threads really are frustrating. You all sound like you would rather have system where you have to spend 12 hours a day to get anywhere. You claim to want it to be casual friendly, but then this????

Let's say we made it exp based. Let's add to that, that you have 100 levels. That is a possible number for a lot of MMOS.

Now... you make it to level 30 in a few days. That is also normal. But... now, you want level 31. Chances are level 31 takes as much exp as it took to get level 30. So you got level 31...yay! But now you want 32... so it takes another few million exp.

What you all are proposing is a grind game.

NO ONE EVER SAID YOU HAVE TO BUY REPLAYS!

This is such a ridiculous notion, that I do not even know what you all want.
    • Like x 3
  11. L T Devoted Player

It wouldn't be a gamble at all though. IF you use a XP booster, you get increased XP. If you use replay badges, you might or might not get a piece of gear you need.

Old School MUDs used to use a combination of Gear and Leveling. Certain key pieces of gear could only be gained by defeating especially hard bosses. On some of them, you'd know if the boss was going to drop the weapon, because when you fought him he'd use the weapon against you.
    • Like x 1
  12. Supergirly Dedicated Player

Yes, you would know. But you also would know that only one person in your raid would get it. Now you have people saying in LFG

"LFG to help me get UBERSWORDX2... Carry me!"

They will make the raid, and then they will ensure that only they get that drop. Yeah, that happens in other MMOS, and you all know it.
    • Like x 2
  13. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

That's a reasonable point, but the question is, how will they go about it? I fear that although your point is viable, will they add limits or manipulate it to a degree so buying XP boosters is must sometimes.

I guess time will tell.
  14. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

This is only true because of how the game is set up, if it was more open world based and less instance than the level system should not be a problem, you must understand that while most mmos do have the rng in there, this games rewarding system needs an overhaul, it is not fair to rerun a raid or alert with the same chances you previously took, so having a better xp system will help alot.
    • Like x 2
  15. Supergirly Dedicated Player

And now we ran into the limits of PS3.

Yep, I went there. Ever wonder why mobs are only in certain areas? Think about it a second. If you added more open world, you would have CR 160 mobs standing in a place, where a CR 90 would be slaughtered near instantly. I have seen this in action, with some of those demons in random places.

In order to have real open world, we need more world. That means more cities. That means more wandering mobs. That means... KILL THE PS3 already. Allow us to open up our memory.

So yes, in order to have real OPEN WORLD, PS3 has got to go. Now, since we know that will not happen, there is no way to fix this reward system. And that is sad, cause I do agree that this one needs an overhaul too. :(
    • Like x 4
  16. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

This is true.
  17. Ariyana2015 Committed Player

In most mmo's progression is based on experience and loot, this game its just about loot. In Daybreak's other game the experience is used to level and to earn alternative advancement points (kind of like skill points, but really cool abilities), was referring to everquest.

Its nice because it gives you something to work on when you don't get the loot drop. Your fun is not 100 percent tied to loot luck. You can advance your character more with the progression than the luck, and it keeps players playing versus just getting loot and leaving.
    • Like x 3
  18. Supergirly Dedicated Player

This would work, if you had more OPEN WORLD. Without that, this would just be running the same raid over and over and over again.

I think that the fact that most of this game is instanced, is why this is not possible. This is a limitation of memory, not ability to put this in the game. If I could go to different cities, based on my level, this would be perfect. Now, you just made CoX and CO, right?
    • Like x 1
  19. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

If xp doesn't carry across all toons, it could be bad guys. Like you are forcing me to choose between my 164 troll, dps, or tank. That will result in one tank that's currently 164, 252 sp never to be played again. I will at least play with my troll over my dps, but I bet more will go dps on that decision.
    • Like x 1
  20. Supergirly Dedicated Player

Now, there is one way they could do OPEN WORLD, even under the constrains of the PS3.

Make your city grow, as you level. That would mean that you get the bottled cities, level 1 - 30. Bottle goes away, and Amazons show up 30 - 40, Amazons leave and Demons 40 - 50, Parademons 50 - 60, etc. Change your instance, IAW the level you are.

This would work and make the game more open world "feeling" as you would be in an area that was made for your level. There are games that do this. The only drawback is that once you got past a phase, you would not be able to go back. You would progress past that, and now... the only thing you can do is queue for raids.

We would still have top tier players saying "I am bored. I beat this game cause I played 500 hours a day, and beat everything. GIVE ME MOAR!"