Help...nature healer looking for advice

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by astroglide, May 1, 2016.

1. astroglide Level 30

I am probably one the few that enjoys being an healer. I have run guides and watch videos on nature healing. So basically its a hot class that requires upkeep on timers. Right or am I wrong? Looking for opinions from experience players.
  2. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Basically yes. Any specific questions? I main Nature myself. I'm assuming you don't need loadout/rotation advice since you've gone through the guides?
    • Like x 1
  3. astroglide Level 30

I understand rotation but trying to figure rotation priory at the moment.
  4. astroglide Level 30

Though I have question, is it possible to change what weapon u use ir r u struck with it
  5. Twelve Gauge Committed Player

Setting and refreshing hots is the only "rotation". Other than that you just need practice, when to do what, ect.
    Seeing as you've read the guides and apparently have you're loadout, i'm not really sure what advice to give as you're not offering any specifics.
    • Like x 1
  6. Dolfo Dedicated Player

You can change your weapon at anytime as long as you have put Skill Points into those weapon trees. Also depending on how many skill points(SP) you have, you can always use a re-spec station. Hopefully that helps clarify.
  7. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Essentially.... you start with your HoT.... then "rotate" using your 2 player heal.... 4 player heal or 8 player heal as needed.

So you start your HoT....
    Then if you and or one player need HP... you use your 2 player heal.
    If 4 players need HP.... use your 4 player heal.
    And if almost everyone need HP then use you 8 players heal.
    Then you start you HoT again..... and got throught the cycle over and over.

Hope this make sense.

Made a healing video.... but it is with Electric.
    But the theory is the same.

8. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

You could respect your weapon buying a Weapon Respec token..... but that is pretty much a waste in my opinion.
    Once you reach level 10.... you can put SP into all your weapon.

So if you want to switch weapon...... once you reach level 10 start putting SP in the new weapon you want to use.

Also once you reach level 10... you can also use a Respec Station to respect your SP and put your SP into another weapon. It cost about $500 to use.
  9. Superskull85 Devoted Player

You can change your weapon at any time. All you need to do is buy/get that weapon to drop, invest the needed skill points and start attacking. You can respec by going to a respec station in your HQ - different location depending on hero or villain but should show on your map.

Priority? There really isn't much of a priority. Pheromones (your main Power Interaction) stays up for roughly 20 seconds (more but refresh then). For heals like Harvest to be effect you should have at least 3 layers. Other than that you will just need to get a feel for "damage flow" or how much damage will come in over X seconds. From there you will know when to use the active healing over time (Savage Growth and Metabolism's main effect), a group heal (Harvest/Bloom), a specific heal (Blossom), a shield (Swarm Shield), a wave heal (Cross Pollination) or a supercharge (Regeneration). That is a bit tricky to explain through pure words. You'll need some healing experience.
  10. astroglide Level 30

So basically its similar to a druid to a point. Just keep refreshing hots, what is the best weapon for healer. Please dont say bow
  11. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Bow. ;)

But seriously..... many like Brawling.....
    But personally I prefer Hand Blasters.

But ultimately..... whatever you are more comfortable using. ;)
  12. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Anything that generates quick combos. Without Weapon Mastery that would be Hand Blaster with Weapon Mastery that would be Brawling. Though you could use almost any weapon if you know the fast combos and have the ability to get Weapon Mastery (43-45 skill points)
    • Like x 1
  13. astroglide Level 30

I am going to use your guys advice and will reply later how well it goes
  14. astroglide Level 30

So I have healed a few dungeons, got good reply back. Just have a few complains, one: If u hit ready button plz be ready, learning dps is lot easier compare to healing a group. So be nice to healers, they r the reason y u r alive in the first place. Second: Stop with freakin carries already, do u know how hard it is to heal squish. Last dungeon I ran pulled 500k dps with 250k heals and used 20k power and that was on the moon.
  15. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

The Moon is a rough one.

Usually the group get separated and each player goes in a different direction.

So everyone is all over the place most likely out of range of you being able to heal them.

Very hard on certain maps to get the group to stay together and to move around as a group.
  16. astroglide Level 30

Oh I know...people run off alot, I always end up chasing them down lmao
  17. astroglide Level 30

So what's the best way to stop going oom all the time
  18. evil keebler elf Well-Known Player

Stop using a weapon and go into bug form, Bug form is natures AM. While Hive Hind is active, certain healing powers, Harvest, metabolism, etc etc give you back power
  19. light FX Steadfast Player

When u heal savage growth and metabolism are your 2 main HoTs. U should be in bug form too, u get power back when healing, u dont have to be but helps a lot. Blossom is your single heal. Then i have swarm shield, and hive mind. U need to cast hive mind in order to get pwr back in bug form. Lastly i have harvest.

So your 2 main HoTs, use those for burst heals. If u have those HoTs going then hit blossom it will give a big heal to the entire group. But it wipes the HoTs. They are gone. Harvest works same way but wont give as big a heal and wont wipe the HoTs. Harvest is a great stun/encase thats why most use it.

So what i do is use SG and metab for burst when the group is 50% or higher. But when the entire group gets low i hit blossom for the big heal. Or go sg metab blossom all in a row clipped for instant burst and big heals. Also your HoTs last 2mins. So refresh them. Hope this helps. Also do not use bloom. Its trash. It takes way too long to heal because its channeled. U have others things, the stuff i said above^, that will heal more and faster. Speed is the name of the game. Slow heals usually means people are dead. Also experience helps. The more content u run u start to see/understand when certain bosses are going to do a big attack that hits the whole group. Learn those things and learn to anticipate the group taking dmg instead of just spamming heals and hoping they hit people at the right time. There are a ton of healers in dcuo who do that. Its not good. ;)
  20. astroglide Level 30

Bug form awesome, its so a druid lol...love it. Power is still an issues but its lack of gear. I know made stats r restoration and power, crit. But what others should I look into using or don't even bother. I enjoy joy raiding, but currently only on a free account so dont have much to work with.