The New Costume Contest ...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Black-Zero, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Shapiro Well-Known Player

Have you tried the corrupted kryptonian feet style?
  2. masso9112 Well-Known Player

I don't really like them, they seem too bulky for my taste
    • Like x 1
  3. Shapiro Well-Known Player

I can see that. Was just curious.
  4. Random Redshirt Well-Known Player

I did a "Winter Soldier" Cap look for a while on my character Citizen Liberty. Here is what he looked like:

[IMG]

[IMG]

Feel free to copy away, as I no longer use that look.

And for inspiration, here was my attempt at "Ultimates" Cap:

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  5. HIZZLESHNIZZLE New Player

Can you tell/show me how you made Dreadstar? I really like the way he looks, but I don't know how to get the skin color like yours, and what Armor pieces are those? Also, can you do the same with champion Herald? Thank you.
    • Like x 3
  6. Quantum Rising Committed Player

I believe the Dreadstar skin is just the lava skin with the main color black and the make up white. I have a toon that does something similar.
    • Like x 2
  7. iAquamanJLA Well-Known Player

Lava skin I think, jah kir helmet and belt, greco roman shoulders and legs, and chrome mayan feet. Hand style is the quantum hand blasters from the pack in the marketplace.
  8. TheOtherLeague Well-Known Player

I just realized, with your ice toon, lava skin made to look icelike (white with a light blue) would look kinda awesome.
    • Like x 1
  9. Macgyver75 Well-Known Player

• Like x 5
  10. Macgyver75 Well-Known Player

• Like x 7
  11. iAquamanJLA Well-Known Player

I don't have an Ice toon anymore, sorry.
  12. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Personally I've always just gone with the Crystalline skin (think that's the name, anyhow LOL) done all white for an ice skin look. I did try something like that with the Wood skin introduced in the Spring seasonal last year (white with light blue highlights), but the results were a little hit and miss.
    • Like x 1
  13. joseph comix New Player

14. joseph comix New Player

what chest is that ? Awsome !
  15. Shapiro Well-Known Player

Sector 3601. That style set drops out of the Love and War raid.
  16. iAquamanJLA Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    Only took me three runs to get the kryptonian flexsuit
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  17. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Sometimes inspiration comes from odd places. :D Saw this in a store recently and decided to try and recreate the outfit here.

The original

[IMG]

And my attempt at the DC Super Hero Girls Batgirl

[IMG]

Can't quite get the flowing hair or the bat-eared hood, though. The toys can be confusing too. One version has long sleeves and no trim on the hood while another uses short sleeves and trim, so I just used what I preferred. LOL

EDIT: I may try the Dark Spectre Batsuit belt some time as an alternative to the Daring Vigilante belt, but I think that might be too metallic. We'll see.
    • Like x 2
  18. TheOtherLeague Well-Known Player

I was about to say, wouldn't the Dark Specter wings be tailor-made for that outfit?
  19. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Maybe, but I'm a little worried that they'd be too big for the look. The wings on the toys are more on the small/cute side, so that's why I went with the Small Demonic Wings instead.

That and the jets on that back piece always looking like they're on bugs me. LOL
    • Like x 1
  20. TheOtherLeague Well-Known Player

Finally getting around to finishing up the Hero section of my toons. Now time for my most personal hero yet... ;)

[IMG]

CHAINSAW
    Identity: Amazing!
    Height: 6’5” or 6”, give or take…ok, maybe not that much.
    Weight: Hey, I don’t dig on labels, okay! Just know it’s also AMAZING!
    Hair: Yes
    Eyes: *checks mirror* Also Yes

BIO
    There are Heroes in this world. Superman. Batman. Wonderwomanman. SupermanVBatmanDawnOfJusticeWoman. Ch’p. And now…THEY ALL BOW BEFORE THE MIGHT OF CHAINSAW! He has the strength of a bear, who has the strength of TWO BEARS! Chainsaw, the man as handsome as Channing Tatum Wearing a T-shirt with a picture of Leo DiCaprio on it, and in that picture, Leo is wearing a t-shirt with David Bowie’s face on it! Chainsaw, the man that all women want to be with, and that all men want to buy a nice steak dinner for! Chainsaw, the man who ghostwrote the Divergent series! Chainsaw, Man Of Tomorrow! Chainsaw, Strange Visitor From Another State! Faster Than The Movie Bullitt! More Powerful Than The Song The Loco-Motion! Able To Leap Tall Conclusions In A Single Facebook Post! It’s The Bird! It’s The Plane! It’s…hey, gimme the keyboard back! I’m not done typing my bio yet! Come on, I just have a few more paragraphs to go wizaifjoijoirtjhtjhoitsovihtu60430
    (Editor’s note: we apologize for the inconvenience and interruption. Somehow, Chainsaw got into our offices and started typing his own biography. We now return to the actual biography)

Not much is known about Chainsaw, other than the fact that 1). He’s kinda annoying, and B). he has wild cosmic powers that can bend reality, and an out of control imagination that plays havoc with the DC Universe. But his heart is in the right place, and he has become a powerful ally to the Other League. The kid who would become Chainsaw grew up admiring superheroes, but had to come to the realization that he was probably never going to become one. A self-professed nerd, Chainsaw developed a love of horror, movies, and the underground Superhero cosplay scene that grew out of living in close proximity to metahumans. Being a walking, talking encyclopedia of pop culture didn’t result in much of a career, though, and he found himself working in a Belly Burger after college while drawing freelance reporting jobs working for the Gotham Gazette’s culture blog. Fate, however, interceded when the Exobyte Event happened and Chainsaw found himself inheriting powers that gave him the ability to alter reality to his choosing. Having an ultimate power blessed upon a man with an overactive imagination proves to be a dangerous combination, and in the middle of the Brainiac Invasion, Chainsaw created a “HeroWorld” for himself, a loopy world where he was the Greatest Hero On Earth and the rules of reality were inconsequential. Caught in the middle of this were the members of the Other League, who initially saw Chainsaw as a villain, despite his “heroic” actions. This was mostly due to the machinations of Docktor Dementor, who had manipulated Chainsaw and was using him in an attempt to destroy the heroes. Once the misunderstanding was resolved, Chainsaw turned against Dementor and sent him running, and ended HeroWorld. Convinced that he could be a true hero, Chainsaw kept popping up in the OL’s adventures until they begrudgingly accepted him as a member, figuring that having him in the League was better than not, and could give them a chance to help him control his wild powers.

POWERS
    Chainsaw has the ability to tap into Quantum powers to alter reality to his choosing, almost in the same matter that Green Lanters can create constructs using their imaginations, but with more real life consequence. Anything that he can imagine he can create or alter, so the true challenge for Chainsaw is learning when not to use his powers. He has few limits, but it does not appear that he can do things such as bring the dead back to true life or completely alter free will. The most he can do is heal the injured and alter how they can perceive things, but that seems to be the limit. Frequently, Chainsaw uses his powers to merely create constructs to fight for him and to mess with his enemies, as he finds this much funnier than just defeating them. He also has the power to alter time and mess with the perception of his opponents, and can tap deep into Quantum energies to create a Singularity, which often spells defeat for the bad guys. However, this tends to drain him and he will only use It as a last resort. The true scope of his power has not been explored, because he hasn’t been challenged fully by any enemies. When asked once if he could end the Brainiac invasion with a single thought, his response was “What would be the fun in that?”

APPEARANCE
    Chainsaw changes his costume as much as some people change their underwear, updating his look depending on his mood, sometimes wearing his trademark skull mask, sometimes not. His general color pallet is Black and Red, his two favorite colors. Initially, Chainsaw just wore random t-shirts, jeans, and a denim vest covered in patches, but recently adopted the mask and a more traditional costume. He has also dressed up in similar costumes of other heroes, such as Batman, Superman, Green Lantern, Flash, and even as Doctor Who, often wearing his fandom on his sleeves.

WEAPONS
    Chainsaw frequently favors using swords as his weapon of choice, despite the fact that he really doesn’t need weapons at all with his powers. He recently stumbles across an ebon sword called the Endbringer during an adventure when the League was accidentally transported to a mythical world somewhat resembling Tolkien’s Lord Of The Rings universe, and which he brought back with him afterwards. The true nature of Endbringer has yet to be revealed.
    • Like x 2