3 dps/1 healer for PZN

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by anotherpacifist, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Actually that works as long as someone qs as said role like you did. Least to my knowledge. Leaving it off still brings the issue up you q as a troll u went dps he didnt like it
    • Like x 1
  2. ObsceneBoy Committed Player

Once again I will say all is fair in queues and pugs. I can't support either you or the guy. If you want to avoid this kinda stuff, make your own groups.
    • Like x 2
  3. anotherpacifist Well-Known Player

Thanks for the non-support. I agree...if one wants to play like they should and take twice as long to complete instances, they should make their own groups.
    It's called pragmatism vs. puritanism.
    • Like x 2
  4. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

ever since they brought back marks into lower tiered instances the queue system has been a lot more fun to use...and useful too.

not all roles are treated equally. if you queue into an instance as a tank and the general consensus states a tank is not required you'll more than likely be asked to switch to dps or get kicked in favor of a (hopefully higher cr) dps. its equally frustrating shouting as a healer, getting a group invite and then being asked to dps.

in a pzr type of situation I try do what looks best.
  5. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

I had this exact scenario happen, yesterday. It was in PZelite. I also, hit T, throw PoT in between mobs/not in combat. My group 3 dps and a healer. We cleared the left side easy and quickly. Headed to right side, and the Damage/tank went to vendor... asking why i keep switching roles.

The one that left was potentially our tank, that was in Damage role. I /group, explained the switch, throw PoT, switch back, and that we'd been mowing down the mobs so far... why leave now? I said that I'd use my Armory to go full troll for boss. I gave in and said, ok. i'll troll from now on which would have made us troll, healer, 2xdps....and that person left. Saying some odd line before leaving, "i sense weakness." The 3 of us left in there were in agreement, /group "wtf? that was odd." (i'm CR161 dps/troll. all of us were 160+)

1st boss. The tank died at the last crystal armor part, and afterwards the dps died. Me, in troll role, and the healer took the boss down. Kiting it back and forth. Waiting for our henchmen trinkets to cooldown. The boss didn't have much health left (10-15% left?) when the DPS was KO'd, and the boss had already done the 3 crystal armor portions. We proceeded to complete the instance without any more KOs.

I rarely see anyone do the switch role tactic. Throw a PoT or HoT, then go back to Damage role. I do it in all content. As long as i'm not experiencing a stuck in combat bug.
  6. Blayzemaster New Player

Although the playing your allocated role argument has merits, you queued for both roles. Furthermore you had one group member against you playing troll and one for you doing it. You wanted to DPS so it would be faster and presumably the 4th guy didn't mind. In my books that makes you completely justified in DPSing - it's what the GROUP wanted: you shouldn't have to switch just because of one player. In that way it's different to the healer situation as you were vindicated by your other group members and the other 164 never even asked you to troll. For all he knew you were going to just switch at the Boss or something as trolls are imo even less necessary for alert trash mobs.
  7. megamanzero Loyal Player

the same can be said for you though..if you HAVE to play with 3 dps and 1 healer then you can make a LFG group as well. also keep in mind that there is an option called "role optional alerts". if a player has this turned off then they are entitled to feeling annoyed or upset when they queue up using that option and still get a group that refuses to do the balanced format of 1-1-1-1. my guess is that player had this option flagged off..but maybe you didn't. this is an issue that should be fixed by the devs. these two kinds of players shouldn't be grouped together in a random queue because it creates friction/conflict among the community.
  8. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i like doing this when i'm on my controller class toons but if you run the risk of getting stuck in combat when the dps decide to just rush ahead and start fighting.
  9. MuTang Clan Level 30

So out of curiosity if I was to run PZn this weekend for the first time on my 156 Troll, should I be expected to run as DPS or be kicked?
  10. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

indeed. it's a risk. I tend to not do the switch-role-and-back when near one of the invisible lines in the instance that starts a cutscene, or with a player that lunges ASAP@ NPCs a lot. I can sometimes avoid being put into combat by turning away from NPCs. It's situational. Depending on the performance of the group. Usually works well in duos and alerts with high CR for that instance players. ;)
  11. Johnny0276 Dedicated Player

I always say healers take priority. But I always get paired with tanks in dps role, spamming power like crazy and draining me in the process too. Or with higher level players than me in which power restore is marginal at best.

With gadgets/ controller, I don't know. Maybe I'm not doing it right. But I find power restore is better with my light alt compared to gadgets/troll alt. Even with best gear and modding.
  12. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Even if he had it off the option only works if players actually play that role. If you choose to get into a group with at least 1 Tank, 1 Healer, 1 Controller and 1 Damage all of them will be present in the group 100% of the time. However each and every player has to switch to that role and actually play it. So you, by not playing as a Controller, made that entire option useless to any player wanting a balanced group.

As others have said if you want,could and selected both roles, play the role the game assigns you. To another player it is indeed their choice to want a balanced group or not but it is not their choice when some random player X, Y or Z refuses to play the roles that would allow for a balanced group.

The queue system should really force a player to play the role they queued up for. If not than the "Role Optional Alerts" is useless as explained. If this were enforced players could get wildcard group makeup (and play whatever role they wish) by simply keeping the Role Optional Alerts option set to "on" instead of "off." However when it is not enforced the option is merely a suggestion and players like the one that got mad at you do have a legitimate gripe either directed at those that refuse to play the role they were assigned or the lack of enforcement since both contribute to the issue.
    • Like x 1
  13. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I agree for alerts. For raids, that's a different story. Had a guy in New Genesis Now who had queued as a tank, but he was running as DPS. He even had his title set to "The Tank" - LOL :rolleyes:
  14. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

No you do not. When the que comes up it gives you a tole, it states troll, tank, healer or damage. If it stated troll, play the role.
    • Like x 1
  15. ObsceneBoy Committed Player

Your role title is the first you get I think, probably thought "hey this'll make me look cool"
  16. The Doctor Loyal Player

I don't give a crap what you do in alerts, just don't do that in raids please. Play what you're assigned in raids. I don't care how many forum 'leets can beat PB without a tank/troll/heal, most players can't, you know? Personally, I'd have loved to have been in those 14 and 12 minute runs.
  17. High Troller Loyal Player

I have been kicked a few times in PZN as a tank sadly. I queued in only as a tank and the other 2 dps kept screaming on voice chat. i muted them. Eventually I got the boot.

The kicker? They were shouting for a tank for PZE after they were done.

(Role Optional Alerts was and still is turned off.)
  18. anotherpacifist Well-Known Player

High Troller, if you were a 145 tank, they had no right to kick you. Now if you were a 160+ player, you should have had enough dps gear to do PZN as a dps. If you were in a group without a healer (or a bad healer), then a tank would be the right thing to do. Otherwise, dps would be the best role to finish the alert as fast as possible.
    Unless you're a battle tank as atomic. :)

I've done it with 1 self healing tank/3 dps; 1 tank/1 troller/2 dps; 4 dps. Basically, the group has to be smart about the sidekicks, colas and supply drops.

See, the beauty (and some times madness) of the different combinations of roles is what keeps DCUO fresh for me.
  19. Marek Committed Player

Omg ..... smh
    • Like x 1
  20. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Players who want a specific group make up should build their group via LFG prior to queing up. At least that's my take on it.

Of course that being said, you only need 4 good DPS really at this point to do PZr. On the other hand any group make up you want to run with is fine as well.