Eisenberg originally intended as the Riddler?

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Anothername, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Anothername Well-Known Player

Just stumbled over these two interview clips with Jesse Eisenberg:

In which he said he was invited to talk about a completely different role in the movie. Surprisingly his initial thoughts about playing Lex Luther are all the same why ppl rant about it the way it played out.

In this at 2:42 where it is said that originally Joker & Riddler where also intended to appear in BvS.

Might it have been the Riddler which was initially Snyders intention for casting Eisenberg? IMO his Luthor would have been a far better Riddler.
  2. The Quickster Well-Known Player

I never understood his casting as Lex, yeah i get that they were going for some kind of tech start-up wunderkind Mark Zuckerburg type character but c'mon thats not our Lex and he had no business being that way. I wanted a smart intimidating Lex, not Mr. Facebook
    • Like x 1
  3. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

The part that he came in to read was reported to be Jimmy Olsen, that's why he's not sure if the role was still in the film because the character is only named in the credits.:confused:
  4. Malachyte Devoted Player

To bad they didn't stay with that...he could have been an epic Riddler like Heath Ledger's Joker, instead of being an epic flop as Lex
    • Like x 2
  5. Anothername Well-Known Player

Really? *g*

All the secrecy and traveling to Snyder to get a script that says "read these two lines before you get shot in the face". :D
  6. HideTheBodies Loyal Player

I'll say one thing for Jesse Eisenberg in BvS: he held nothing back.

But really, they could have changed the names and occupations of all the characters and no one would ever think it was a movie based on DC comics.
  7. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

Might have been a different early script then, it could very well be an awkward Jimmy Olsen who turns out to be an undercover agent that wouldn't have died right away. I think that was the character he played in his last film, American Ultra.o_O
  8. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Matters not who he could have been, he sucks as an actor
  9. Mangy780 Well-Known Player

I thought he sucked. Too hyper psycho for me. I want the cold articulate Lex, whom would have never needed an import license. Wtf was that about?
    • Like x 2
  10. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

And yet... he still took the role and performed like excrement from a diuretic baboon with the plague
  11. Anothername Well-Known Player

I liked the performance. IMO a great mad scientist villain archetype. I just hated it being Lex Luthor.

On the other hand I do not remember having seen him in another movie so I really cannot connect to all the general hate towards that man.
  12. BATWlNGdccu Active Player

Jimmy Olsen (yeah, the one who died). That's who he originally was going to be.

And I'm still upset that he talked about how this Lex wouldn't be campy like the Gene Hackman portrayal, and turns out this Lex was campy...
  13. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Gene was / is a better actor, even Ned Beatty is better than Jessy
  14. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Even Jesse Ventura is a better actor
  15. The Doctor Loyal Player

Doesn't matter. He's going to end up being Lex's son. It's pretty clear if you watch the movie for clues. Not sure who they'll cast as the real Lex, but I bet it's awesome.