Just When You Thought Your "Superman" Was Done, Here Comes New Super-Man # 1!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jack T. Chance, Apr 18, 2016.

1. BumblingB I got better.

Just like Batman should have his black undies! :D
    • Like x 6
  2. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

So, for some folks the uniform its more important that the character himself and how he behave, right?
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  3. Quantum Rising Committed Player

Ugh... just ugh... hate what this new generation of writers is doing to Superman.
    • Like x 1
  4. Backseid Devoted Player

I wouldn't say "more important", but on the same level yes.

Looks are important no matter what your mom tells ya ;)
    • Like x 1
  5. BumblingB I got better.

Meh... At this point, what is his character? Before Nu52, he denounced his American Citizenship.
    Kingdom Come he was a facists dictator.
    Injustice he was a murdering facists dictator.
    Man of Steel he snapped a neck w/o him lamenting on it. (Where when he killed pocket zod in the 80s (I think...), he actually had a mental breakdown.)

I think at this point, his suit is more important, as it is one of the last things to hold his old views. Light and positive attitude. Now he's Batman with powers.
    • Like x 4
  6. Multiverse Creator League

It is a repeat of the Reign of the Supermen of the early 90s.
    When Superman died and was replaced by 4 other Supermen.... Steel.... Superboy.... Cyborg Superman..... and the Eradicator.

Not sure if they plan to kill Superman.... again..... just before Rebirth.
    • Like x 1
  7. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Something tells me that u are a Trump supporter...
    • Like x 1
  8. masso9112 Well-Known Player

the trunks are gone forever, that's something people should now by now....

apart from the blue boots, the costume looks like a modernized old school Superman, unlike the New52 one that looked like an armor or something
    • Like x 1
  9. Multiverse Creator League

Sadly this goes hand in hand with the new Muslim Miss Marvel... the new Blue Beetle.....

They want name recognition hoping it will boost the sales for the "new" character.
    • Like x 1
  10. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

All this characters have suffered a lot of transformations through the years.
    And i´m on the fence with your opinion. I found all those iterations you mentioned way more interesting that the old golden age Superman.
    So, different strokes for different folks.
  11. MrHoiPolloi Well-Known Player

I like the look. Superman fan from way back here but no complaints about this costume
  12. ObsceneBoy Committed Player

They look like they were drawn for one of those cheap knock off superhero colouring books that you give to your 5 year old nephew cause batman. And then your nephew colours supes' boots wrong, and thats the only shade of blue crayon he had :confused:
  13. MrHoiPolloi Well-Known Player

So let me ask the deterrents this, if Superman was brought back with the original suit, attitude, etc., would you buy the book each month?
  14. 478874 Dedicated Player

great concept!
    • Like x 1
  15. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

You know the answer... there was a reason he was killed in the 90´s, his books got stale and their sales were at his lowest historical point. He was the boring ol boy scout that nobody want at the time.
  16. Multiverse Creator League

Forever is a loooonng time.

Not the first time They tried to remove the Trunks.
    They tried that for Batman already in the early 90s.
    Look at Modern Batman in DCUO if you want to see what it looked like.

But eventually..... Batman was back in his classic look.

Look at the actual cover of the Rebirth comic..... you will see a Batman that is back with his Blue Cowl and grey suit. And they even added some yellow to the emblem.

[IMG]

How long before someone decides.....
    "You know what... let's put Batman back in his classic look with the Trunk and the Yellow Oval Emblem".
  17. BumblingB I got better.

When Kingdom Come did it, yes. It was refreshing. When everyone does it, it's not anymore.
    • Like x 3
  18. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Now, I thought everyone knew the deal with that. It's been gone since 2011, because that's when the terms of the bet he lost ended!

For Those That Still Haven't Heard: Superman once fought Chuck Norris on a bet. The deal was that the LOSER would have to wear his underpants on the outside until September of 2011! ;)
  19. HideTheBodies Loyal Player

The reason DC killed him off is because they were more concerned with sales than story. It also nearly killed comics in general. After The Death of Superman, they realized they could make a fortune killing characters, and then bring them back later. It left a bad taste in comic book buyers' mouths and a lot of them stopped buying.

TBF sales are historically low now, as well.
  20. Backseid Devoted Player

Mostly. But I wouldn't actually want him as president.

Not that I believe the American president has as much power as people think. But it would just make us look really bad to the rest of the world. Or more so than we already do I should say.

That's why I really liked having a dark skinned president.

Sad that that sounds so racist. It's not. But does sound that way doesn't it. Not really supposed to mention skin color unless it's white are we? :eek: