So question

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sleepy Healer, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

If there were more then one place to get your gear would content be nerfed as badly?

Example: hh, tod, ld, wave

All were tough raids for the time they lasted and had alternate ways to recevie gear
    • Like x 2
  2. Menelaos Dedicated Player

Content is not nerfed because of lack of gear.

It is nerfed because too many players either:
    1. Don't know how to play the game
    2. Produce endless tears because they are from an entitled generation
    3. It is profitable to have even the worst player replay easy content

Regards,
    M
    • Like x 3
  3. Scar-Red Nova Dedicated Player

Content IS nerfed due to gear. When particular pieces only drop in 1 raid the devs believe everyone has to be able to do it. Before, you could have people who never beat the hard raid and don't fall behind in gear.
    • Like x 3
  4. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

I disagree i dont remember major hh tod ld wave nerfs.
  5. Zlohsac Committed Player

In theory, no. If there were more options to get the same gear as in the one raid, they could afford to leave something un-nerfed.

But replay badge sales and all.
    • Like x 2
  6. Backseid Devoted Player

This is exactly the issue I keep pointing out.

Once again, another issue easily resolved by having the best gear (full sets) in a Vendor.

There are some extremely simple ways to improve this game and start bringing people back. Unfortunately, these simple changes go ignored and people continue dropping.
    • Like x 1
  7. Menelaos Dedicated Player

You have to be kidding me! Gear is now more accessible than ever! We can now choose our loot, we can craft pieces we dont have and the difference between vendor and raid gear is negligible.

Its an absurd argument.

Stuff gets nerfed because ppl suck at the game and need it made easier for me.

Regards,
    M
    • Like x 1
  8. Menelaos Dedicated Player

They did get nerfs...

*sigh*

Regards,
    M
  9. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Not really. Hh ppl at 150 were still struggling and tode ppl were still struggling.

At 200 cr can you say pbd ume ppl will struggle? Compared to older raids that were not overly nerfed
  10. Menelaos Dedicated Player

Hold up, now you are confusing nerfing something (or in other words making it easier than it was originally) and ppl still not understanding mechanics and sucking.

Your assumption that CR suddenly makes you better where mechanics are involved means you are part of my original point 2.

Regards,
    M
    • Like x 1
  11. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

You mean like we had with three month episodes? When content was challenging because there were other options?

Yeah I think raids would be better if we went back to three month episodes. We should do that.

Another solution would be making it a little easier to craft gear. People will run previous content in the cycle for scraps if the current raid is difficult.
    • Like x 2
  12. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

With the current design of best gear in content and players spamming RB to get said gear the devs have to make content beatable by a full pug group. This means harder raids are adjusted so that the average player running with a slighlty below average group can beat it.

I preferred content like Throne Elite. It was overly difficulty but at that time, CR did not impact my damage out and did not impact my damage in by adds. With CR differential I do not forsee a change.

Even at that time though there was a cry for a nerf not because of the content difficulty but due to prefer of powers.

Rage Tanks, Nature Healers, Quantum Trolls and Quantum DPS. If you did not play one of these roles, rarely were you included in groups for Throne Elite.

I said in other threads, the issue with the game is the community.
    • Like x 1
  13. mexmex Dedicated Player

So no reson to log to play this fun at first raid, now dumb the nerf was huge this time, why dont we get a random loop from brainiac by mail instead, as it is, almost not difference at all
    • Like x 1
  14. Backseid Devoted Player

The community is a direct product of the game.

When nearly every part of the game pisses off the majority of players, the community is going to very negative.

I honestly cannot think of one thing in the game right now that is more positive than negative...
    • Like x 1
  15. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Havnt ran yet. How bad is the nerf
  16. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

You can't really say we can craft gear. Have you crafted one? The amount of material it takes for one piece is crazy. So no, crafting gear for use is not really an option. The crafting is more to finish a style feat.

If the game would move more towards vender gear being the best, but not elite. Along with elite raids dropping vender level gear and elite gear. All other instances drop the blue and green pieces. This would make since as a game player.

The way the loot system is set up now is geared towards replays. If the devs feel replays are down. Time to introduce a new OP gold piece. Players feed into this, so it will never stop. Look how many max level people were shouting last night.
    • Like x 3
  17. Menelaos Dedicated Player

Yes I have crafted.
    I believe it is an additional option for gear....one not available in the past.
    Thus, it is easier now than before.

Regards,
    M
  18. Backseid Devoted Player

If you say so.
    • Like x 1
  19. Menelaos Dedicated Player

I do, with factual evidence.
    I sense someone's tears over my response to his post...i'm sorry I hurt your feelings.

Regards,
    M
  20. AmpX New Player

No I don't think so

As long as people have a place to gear up and spend replay badges the nerfs are not as important.

I think most nerfs to content are financially motivated. Gotta have a place to spend them replays.
    The game is a business after all. And as we all know, to remain in business you gotta generate income.