Raid didn't even make it a week.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by iLoveDCUO, Apr 8, 2016.

1. No Crying Committed Player

In the FOS days we loved the challenge now this game is become a Joke
  2. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Live is the real Test. It always has been. Don't let the terminology fool you. ;)
    • Like x 2
  3. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

From experience, I can tell you it wouldn't have at all.
  4. Craven Green Loyal Player

I concur I enjoyed having the extra little mechanics.
    • Like x 1
  5. AmpX New Player

In "FOS days" people constantly complained FOS2 was too hard..
    Just wasn't as big a deal cause they still had 1 and 3 to run..
    Memory has a weird way of making the past seem better.
    P.S. I don't think the nerf for BBS was needed. But ultimately I don't care. I'll play it either way.
    • Like x 3
  6. Backseid Devoted Player

That's pretty much what the first week is all about.

Better drop rates and slightly higher difficulty/bug testing.

Idk why people blame things on testers, or lack of. N
    The ONLY person(s) that ever have even a little right to complain are the ones that actually test.

The Devs can't test the same way a daily player can.
  7. Derio 15000 Post Club

Are you kidding me. The raid was waaayyyy to hard. I mean 5-1-1-1 groups were struggling at the last boss and that affected replay sales.

If it hurts replay sales, then clearly it needed to be nerfed.

I dont see why people are complaining about it being nerf when you have to remember this is a casual game so you cant have "hard" content in the game.
    • Like x 1
  8. No Crying Committed Player

Yes but when you beat it you felt like you earned that nowadays nothing is earned its nerfed and given remember how long it took some people to get the medic feat you felt like you earned that is what I'm getting at

• Like x 1
  9. AmpX New Player

I agree. Always enjoyed the hard stuff. I think we are the minority though, sadly.
    I think if there were multiple raids released it wouldn't have been as big a deal.
    They probably reevaluated the difficulty based on how much revenue they predicted this content would make.
  10. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

There was no pressure to nerf it, though, because the developers weren't dependent upon players completing content in order to generate revenue. It didn't matter if most people couldn't beat it so there was no need to make it easier. Thus, the players continued to enjoy trying to beat that seemingly impossible challenge and the devs continued to profit.

You can't build player loyalty on a game which is easier than a mobile phone game. Some of my best and fondest memories of this game are the times the game kicked my *** and I came back, eventually overcoming the challenge. Without them memories, I'd have left a long time ago. Some of my best friendships in game were forged with people trying to overcome the same challenge.

I keep telling everyone, DCUO's biggest problem is the way it tries to make money. The writing is on the wall, this is further proof of that. It's up to the community when they want to choose to read that, though and start asking for real solutions to the games problems. Not red herring distractions that result in more of the same.
    • Like x 6
  11. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

Sad.
    • Like x 6
  12. Zlohsac Committed Player

Somehow a lot people are still surprised when this happens.

This IS what DCUO is now. A game for the casual player.

RB sales rule all. Get used to it.
    • Like x 4
  13. Harlequin Devoted Player

Stop trying to get me back into raiding in a real MMO! Forget purple drops. The rush from finally downing a heroic boss after 100+ pulls is epic.
    • Like x 2
  14. Menelaos Dedicated Player

Technically, it lasted Wednesday night and Thursday.
    Nerfed by Friday morning.

Didn't even last 2 full days.

Regards,
    M
    • Like x 1
  15. Backseid Devoted Player

Back then, there was other content to play. Not now.
    • Like x 2
  16. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

It should be nerfed so It can easily beat on elite with 8 dps... Let's make everyone happy
  17. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Same for me and Nexus of Reality back at it's original difficulty at CR95. Didn't get **** from the run. Not a single item. The last boss dropped a level 86 chest for Healers. But it didn't matter at all, because after a 4 hour run on what I'm sure was a Friday evening, playing with a few folks I'd spent time with already, we finally beat the instance.

Was about a month after it came out and I was wearing a full set of Manta gear, which I first had to earn before standing a reasonable chance.

That feeling trumped every single drop I've ever received, combined. No exaggeration. I think from a psychology stand point, it was because direct skill and effort allowed me to beat the instance where as getting lucky on the roll of a dice is all that decides a drop, thus one is a lot less satisfying than the other.

I feel so bad for those trying to get into DCUO, now-a-days, who'll never be able to feel how I felt that night.

I'd rather tell that and other similar stories than "Oh one time I got a Level 90 Chest from A&B from 2nd boss"
    • Like x 2
  18. Menelaos Dedicated Player

Tears > Challenging content

Get used to it.

Regards,
    M
  19. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

Well, that's pretty disappointing. The spikes weren't even bad, as long as you were blocking. We learned that the hard way lol. It was pretty easy to figure out once we saw what had happened.
    • Like x 2
  20. Chocolate Enforcer Committed Player

Even tho I didn't beat the new raid the first day it came out, I still enjoy the challenge that it presented for many groups that refused to communicate with each other. Tired of the game catering to the causal players
    • Like x 1