Options in Settings Dont Work

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Savior Prime, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

Not only the profanity filter isn't working right.... I have the setting for "Allow placement into instances in progress" turned off....but it keeps putting me into in progress instances anyway. Fix this PLEASE. Put aside your other stuff and correct the errors, the friends list is also boinked.
    • Like x 1
  2. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I have the roles enabled and I keep getting put into all DPS and me running in the support role.

It was great yesterday when I soloed each boss in PZR because the DPS were squishy...After I beat each boss I said, learn your roles this would be easier. I left top in damage, zero deaths, as a tank. Good to know DPS are scrubs and carried through content by a tank...
    • Like x 1
  3. Owl Devoted Player

Was the first boss defeated in the instances you entered?
    An instance is not considered "In Progress" until loot drops from the 1st Boss.
    • Like x 3
  4. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

an interesting technicality. [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  5. AmpX New Player

In my experience this happens when the player/'s have qued as both their Support role and DPS.
    The system can't help but assume said player will play that support role if it's missing from the group. Being that they did que as a support.
  6. Protecktor MKV Committed Player

Yup if u queue under both roles, when the instance pops it tells you in the notification what role was chosen for you. Now about 75% of the time, people ignore and play whatever role they feel like. Such is pug life.
  7. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

yeah in the past but yesterday they only all had DPS sign, that means no one qued as a support player. Usually if you que with both roles you get both icons next to your toon name.
    • Like x 1
  8. AmpX New Player

Sounds like you got hosed... Sorry to hear that
  9. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Did you check to see if the instance was new? If players leave, I've noticed the role optional setting goes out the window as the instance is re-opened.
  10. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

No I never did. They didn't even thank me for soloing each boss for them. I mean first boss they died before Jor El moved to the first set of crystals, second boss they died before Non showed up and they all died in the fire on the last boss. Having power and self heals without the roles is the reason why I beat it. If the roleless buff was not activate I would have left even before the first boss.

I doubled the damage of the next highest damaging player.
  11. ChromeWarriorXTC Loyal Player

That's just because I wasn't there lol