Would you recommend DCUO to someone?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheArmorsmith, Apr 4, 2016.

1. ErnieB Loyal Player

Wrong, that player being carried is making a group, therefore everyone is in agreement of getting help, because yeah you see it as being carried, but for them is getting some needed help.
    • Like x 1
  2. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

i think everyone here should recommend Dcuo, i mean you're still playing it so am i, so don't lie the game is fun, is it perfect no.

but again no game is ever perfect.

Face the fact's we are all waiting on stats matter, new loot picker, fourth color pallete, new Progression system and for all those people out their wanting their water powers, all this is coming in 2016.

again i would recommend this game, i don't care what other's say this game is fun, if you're spending you're money on it, and if you are here on this thread on this Dcuo forums then you to enjoy the game.
  3. Harlequin Devoted Player

I'm sure you're correct. The population is practically exploding with new players...
    • Like x 1
  4. Harlequin Devoted Player

Maybe the game will be worth recommending in 2017?
  5. Mighty Hyperion Committed Player

I would always recommend it to a friend who was in to comics (for it is a good comic related game), and I would tell them to take it slow and enjoy the leveling up process while not getting caught up in the rat race for gear and cr that so many fall into to.
    Anyone I tell to try the game I help out and try to make it as enjoyable as possible.
  6. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

i still say it's worth recommending now, if you are recommending it" the person will be a new player meaning there is a lot of content he/she can enjoy.
    • Like x 1
  7. Morsy808 Committed Player

I tried getting one of my buddies who just got a PS4 to get into it, and he deleted it within 2 hours because of the fact it crashed/blue screened so often.

I wouldn't recommend this game to someone who is a casual gamer as they would never be able to fully enjoy it due to how quick gear is replaced and how much you have to grind the same content over and over to get anywhere. I enjoyed artifacts of urgrund etc, but a shame I'm reduced to only playing it for the artifact drops now. I'd love to get marks for that content again.
  8. Harlequin Devoted Player

Even 1-30 is pretty crappy ever since they "streamlined" it for the PS4 release. I really enjoyed the choices you could make before that happened, the exploration you did to find all the stories and quests. It made each character's experience different. Now, you are on rails until you hit level 30. It's fun once or twice then that's it. Make no mistake. They claim the changes were to make it less confusing but that is not the whole truth. It was to steer people into the content hamster wheel so they could spend money.

I will amend my statement. I would recommend the 1-30 experience to any friends who are comics fans but strongly warn them that the game takes a decidedly negative turn after that due to the revenue model and the ability of Captain OneShot to be in your queue ruining your fun. Couple that with the every-which-way-but-straight story path through the tiers, the one-mark system and the shallow amount of anything to do other than stand around a lobby and queue and you have a game I would not recommend to anyone who considers themselves a MMO gamer as a long-term hobby.

If I was not a DC fan, I would not be here myself. However, those fanboy goggles are cracked atm. Unless the direction of the game changes (give us details on this new progression system NOW) and dependence on replay spam is greatly diminished or eliminated, especially for subscribers, those goggles will break and that will be the end of this game for me.
    • Like x 4
  9. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

My goodness way to soon, we still have another wave of power updates again. Maybe 2020 at shutdown.
    • Like x 1
  10. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

I don't recommend viewing this type of activity as exactly positive.
    • Like x 3
  11. Wallachia Devoted Player

Narrative Designer/Game Writer?

I'm going to apply to that job.
    • Like x 1
  12. Backseid Devoted Player

We once had a nice game with plenty of all types of content.

(Deleted looong list of issues which changed all that)

Now we have one single Raid at a time.

That's all I need to say.
    • Like x 1
  13. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

Casual comic book enthusiast, yes.

MMO Vet,
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  14. Gimpy Loyal Player

Wouldn't recommend the game and in fact now tell people to avoid it.

It has gone from Pay to Play ( for members) to PAY to STAY to PLAY to PAY.
    • Like x 9
  15. unitedmeck Well-Known Player

I would, theres plenty in game i dont like the fast pace gear shoved down ur throat, the fact keep buffing powers that dnt need buffs, players in the game at 120 playing troll or support clueless . Thats a community problem not a development. Water most likley be here before electric is fixed. The fact the game provides no knowledge of support roles. The toxic player base, hes power x we should kick him ur crs to low im not starting intil he leaves. Rage quits after single wipe, why not leave. The amount of good in the game out weighs the bad. When i run lower content I try not to destroy everything i let the lower crs play the game before they stop playing .
    I was leveling a toon and i literally walked around registered zero on the board till a 105 cr gained 65 sp in 2 days thats the current state of the game. Not a game problem guess what community problem.

Besides whats listed above I will continue to recommend. The bad of the game is the community.The game sucks for u cause u make it suck. They should add a recommended cr tab for ques like the villian hero only. K im done ill tune in later
  16. thedemonocus Loyal Player

the way the game is now no way i would recommend it to someone, sometimes i wish i never started with it myself cause now i'm in too deep ,i'm like the USA in iraq, i went in foolishly and now i'm unable to pull out
    • Like x 7
  17. The peoples Badguy Committed Player

Yes. The Bad One has and will continue to recommend this great game to all his fans.
    • Like x 1
  18. CAPn Active Player

The game has lost its fun factor for me personally. I've let my legendary expire for the first time since two months after launch. The constant game changes and the cookie cutter loadouts finally got to me. Gone are the days of unique loadouts and hearing the furious controller clicks in difficult boss fights. In short, no I would not recommend the game in its current form.
    • Like x 4
  19. AmpX New Player

Yes I would/have recommended this game to ppl.
    It's fun, and a good chunk is free.
    I always tell them the community has allot of bitter people in it that claim to not like the game, but they are still here... Don't mind them, they are just scorned lovers....
    • Like x 2
  20. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Yes I will, when it gets it better.