Can't launch the game

Discussion in 'Game Support' started by Rahmanoid, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Rahmanoid New Player

Hello, since yesterday the game won't start for me. The launcher boots up properly, but when i click on the Play button it changes to Playing for a second but then ends up going back to the normal Play button without starting the game. The launcher also crashes after like 20 seconds without me doing anything. I also checked for missing files on steam and even redwonloaded and reinstalled the game but that didn't help. Does anyone else experience this issue? And is there a way to maybe start the game manually? I do use Windows 10 by the way.
    Thank you for the help :)
  2. Timotheus New Player

I have exactly the same problem. I'm playing via steam
  3. Rahmanoid New Player

Yeah, me too
  4. SenseIess Well-Known Player

Yep, I got the same problem too. Windows 10 64bit.
  5. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

The following normally fixes the problem:
    1. Start Launchpad with admin rights
    2. Do Vallidate Game Assets
    It might also help to deactivate the security software until the file check and update is complete.
  6. Timotheus New Player

Thank you very much, LadyLightning! Even though it only worked the second time I tried your steps (don't ask me why), it now seems to be running perfectly!
  7. Helderman Dedicated Player

Hello my friend, I had this issue when I changed my motherboard. I solved it following these steps:

1. Be sure your game is in a primary partition of your HDD (D:\ for example)
    2. Format the system partition of you HDD (C:\) and re-install the Windows
    3. Install the drivers of your video card
    4. Do not install the graphics drivers of your motherboard if you have a video card
    5. Run DCUO

The launcher will give an error message of missing DLL file. Download the missing DLL from a website you trust (it must b the 32-bit version) and copy it to the SysWOW64 subfolder in your Windows folder. You will have to do this several times because there will be many missing DLL files. To spare you from this hassle I will list the files I had to download:

D3DCompiler_43.dll
    D3DX9_43.dll
    D3DX10_43.dll
    D3DX11_43.dll
    msvcp110.dll
    msvcr110.dll
    X3DAudio1_7.dll
    XAPOFX1_5.dll
    xinput1_3.dll

Hope it helps.