Profanity Filter

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Supergirly, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Supergirly Dedicated Player

Is it staying broken? It resets every time I log in. And to those that wonder. A lot of words that are not curse words, are blocked. Makes Role Playing a pain.

So does anyone know if this was a known bug or not? And are they going to fix it?
    • Like x 2
  2. Scypher6 Well-Known Player

I have yet to log in to see if profanities are filtered. I do hope that they would fix it ASAP because I can't stand profanities.
  3. Alba Eclipta Committed Player

Profanity isn't the only thing the filter filters. I have had simple, common, ordinary words filtered by it. Absolutely broken and utterly worthless. And what is the point of the filter anyway? If you cuss, you're banned. If the cussing is filtered, you're still banned. That is if it gets caught. If it's not one thing, it will be another. The day that everything is this game finally works right, the Internet itself will break and we'll all be out of luck.
  4. Backseid Devoted Player

I've not seen any comment by a Dev on this.

I'm inclined to think this was done on purpose.
    • Like x 1
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

With all of the ********- oops, I mean whining, about racial slurs and vulgar language after crossplay, I wouldn't be surprised if the devs did this as sort of a band aid.
  6. The Anxient Loyal Player

Has anyone else had a similar issue with the sorting in the on duty menu? Mine resets everytime I log in
    • Like x 1
  7. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Yep, it filtered the word "Jesus" :confused:
    • Like x 1
  8. metalfenix Committed Player

It's annoying to turn it off everytime I get on the game. please devs, fix it.
    • Like x 3
  9. David Ivanenko Committed Player

Happens on some of my toons too.

Also, yeah. The profanity filter censors all kind of random words.
    Sometimes I type an innocent and harmless sentence while running a raid, and the filter turns it into something borderline report-able by censoring the wrong words, making it seem like I said something really nasty, lol.
  10. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I can't darn my socks. I can only **** my socks. :p
    • Like x 1
  11. Minnion Devoted Player

Makes me wonder if anyone is bored enough to sit down with a copy of a dictionary and compile a list of words that the in game censor arbitrarily blocks... (Like "Lust" is blocked for some reason, even though the word itself appears in game and is even featured as part of the name of an enemy type...)
  12. Alba Eclipta Committed Player

I think someone with a wacky idea of what's offensive got ahold of the controls.
  13. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Knowing the devs won't be fixed
    • Like x 1
  14. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

Updates a power or two....
    Breaks something else.
    • Like x 1
  15. Deranya Dedicated Player

Until it's fixed I gave up on resetting it. Instead I made it a game of how riddiculous I can make a sensentece sound by adding normal words into the censored spots ^^
    But as mentioned above, it is not the only thing that isn't fixed. From On-Duty toggle to RnD plans skipping. So much fun ...
  16. BigAl Devoted Player

Why does it even matter? Most have worked it out and many work around it anyways. Sure, its annoying, but its not game breaking. That said, it is a load of ****! (censored myself on purpose) ;)

Sidebar- League mate and I have fun with it and cuss the hell outta each other. :p
  17. Malachyte Devoted Player

You can't even type "groin" .....lol
    • Like x 2
  18. Elly New Player

well, you're in luck because the problem is that it is now always on...
    the only workaround i got to work is to turn it back on in game exit Options then reopen Options and turn it back off...
    • Like x 1
  19. Scypher6 Well-Known Player

Ok I get it. Yeah it's a problem if it filters even non-pejorative words like groin, or lust. That's a problem. I hope they fix it
    • Like x 1
  20. RyderSM Well-Known Player

I don't think swearing is automatically banable. I think they're covered by the whole "online interactions are not rated by the esrb" thing.
    • Like x 1