Dev Discussion Episode 22: "Phantom Zone" 4-Player operation feedback thread

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by JackFrost, Mar 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EvilSprial King New Player

Quick question do all pieces of (lvl 143)quickstyke drop in the regular alert or to get full set I gotta do both versions?
  2. Ariyana2015 Committed Player

Only way to fix it is to nerf the dps role so that they are not so self -sufficient. People complain about the challenge, but they would also complain if they cannot almost solo current content. Even if they removed the roleless buffs and orbitals, supply drops, and sodas etc...the dps role can complete content without the other roles.
    • Like x 1
  3. Gimpy Loyal Player

They have catered to the "spoiled Child" mentality which did not use to happen.

Solos should make you improve your SKILLS not be a means to power level a character so they should be harder to do(not make powers easier to get thru content).

Duos should also be used to improve your SKILLS and your ABILITY to WORK with another player. (not a means to power level a toon )

Alerts should be a test of what has been learned from solos and duos using ALL ROLES working together to finish not 3 DPS and a Healer/Troll burning through them in 10-15 minutes( less time usually)

RAIDS should be HARD, using ALL ROLES doing a specific job ( other than being a healer, troll, dps) to move onward from each point of the mission making each player use their SKILLS they have gained from solos/duos/alerts.

This used to be a game about using SKILLS now it has become about how fast the DAMAGE ROLE can burn through content ignoring the other roles that used to be a must have to finish the instance.They have effectively killed the MAIN role for every powerset by making BURN the priority,

Why have MAIN ROLES at all? Just make the game all DPS based, with roleless buffs, power back AMs, SELF Healing mechanics and just let this new 1st person shooter game be a cookie cutter of all the other 1st person shooter games.

Wait a minute,,,,,,,, awwww crap they did that already
    • Like x 1
  4. JimsArcade Well-Known Player

I really like this alert, however... playing as a Fire dps/tank, this alert is particularly poor for Fire.

When tanking the final boss (particularly elite), it feels like aggro drops way too quickly. This is all well and good for other tanking powers, but Fire is a turtle tank. I am constantly exposed to big hits as I'm trying to refresh aggro when I should be blocking. I've never felt as ineffective tanking any instance as I have in PZe. (I have tanked it successfully, but it's so much easier using other powers.)

As for the dps side, the high percentage of adds that can interrupt--thus negating Fireburst's damage too often--isn't my main concern. (It's much worse for a Celestial dps.) My main complaint is in regards to Kryptionian AOE DOT flame attacks (mostly from Ursa). They are essentially identical in size, shape and color to Inferno: a power any good Fire dps should always be using. When those attacks occur, it's impossible to tell which are from the Fire dps and which are from the Kryptonians. Players don't know if they need to avoid the area of flames or if they are safe.

If I could have just one change: I'd like the color of Kryptonian flames adjusted. Either make therm darker, lighter, or a different hue than Fire's Inferno.
    • Like x 1
  5. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Half the set is in PZ the other half is in Prison Break both for regular and elite.
  6. The Horn'd One Well-Known Player

Why is it so difficult to get the 10pt. feat "Nothin' But Chasm"??
  7. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Part of the reason is that the throwing mechanic is currently broken. Hoping the devs can fix this.
  8. Sleeping Forest Active Player

Minor bug with pet classes

Pets sometimes get stuck in the narrow hallways leading up to and after the second boss. They stop dead in their tracks for some reason. The only way to remedy this is to despawn/respawn pet. Please fix.
    • Like x 1
  9. Harlequin Devoted Player

When we got that one, we had the tank pull the AI way, way far away before we grabbed the crystals so there would be no way to still be targeting it when we chucked them in. Of course, you'd have to let someone actually play as tank to do that.
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You said a mouthful brother. We got this feat on our 2nd run...back before they (seemingly) increased the crystal timer....maybe it just seems that way. We went in the first time not knowing how the crystals worked. The 2nd time I was allowed to tank and pulled everything far away from the crystals before anyone ever approached them. That normally does not work even if you are a running a 1-1-1-1 group because as soon as the trigger happy DPS jumps in towards the crystals the clock is ticking and unless the other 2 party members are also grabbing crystals, at least one will count down before all 3 can be thrown away. If the other 3 party members stay away and dont start the clock, you don't even need a tank. We did it a few days ago for some friends with a 2 DPS, heal and troll. This is not that hard a feat as long as you have a coordinated group.

The other big screw up is people holding L1 when throwing. I've seen it a dozen times....they grab a crystal, point towards the canyon and immediately whip the crystal behind them at Jor-El. Not much you can do about that....just poor play there.

Reinheld
  11. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

lol, OP Head gotten nerfed down for being too high in stats. Thing did had 1900 Defense on it.
  12. The Horn'd One Well-Known Player

Thanks for the feedback Kid Multiverse, Harlequin & Reinheld.
    • Like x 1
  13. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I noticed this too, I had to resummon Fury sometimes. It messes with your numbers too, just like BN second area in Metro. They never fixed leaving the safe zone while your pet is still up. As a result of this I always desummon my pet and resummon outside the safe zone.

But this alert is different, they get stuck on the walls of the hallways.
  14. Skull Collector Committed Player

I'm not sure if this has been brought up (no desire to read the previous pages), but in the future could you not make an automatic jump to the next section of the alert upon killing the boss? This was a horrible idea! Not only does this interfere with picking our loot and cut down on the time allowed for doing so, but it makes it impossible to get the briefings out of there if players just start whomping on the enemies. It took me several passes through the content to complete the briefings, which should never be the case.

Also, regarding all future content, could you just stop hiding briefings and investigations on us altogether? We're in there to get them. We know they are there. They are part of the game. There is absolutely no reason to send us on a ridiculous egg hunt all the time. It's a complete waste of our time and serves no purpose. It's not fun. At all. ;)
    • Like x 2
  15. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Did they fixed the pets getting stuck in the hallways. After the 2nd boss is defeated, that is where the pets get stuck at. But today my fury wasn't stuck this time. I'll run PZR again tomorrow to see if it gets stuck again or not. Might have been lucky this time though to be honest.
  16. The Horn'd One Well-Known Player

Finally got the feat yesterday.

Also, where is Zod getting all these mobs? He hasn't gotten his hands on Kandor yet.
    AND: How is it the Phantom Zone has *solid* pieces of planet & a functional (but is disrepair) station/staging base there?
  17. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

The pets getting stuck in the hallway after defeating the 2nd boss is still an issue.

I think this is an issue that too difficult to solve until Earth and Sorcery gets a mid-range fix. o_O
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.